PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get rid of stock speakers

HB Evo Owner
12-09-2007, 08:22 PM
was looking at these Alpine speakers....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8222318&type=product&id=1166840026793

anyone have them, like the sound?? wanting good speakers that give enough all around sound and have pretty good bass.
i dont want to buy a subwoofer or anything. I was looking at Infinity component speakers but I heard Alpines were better.

feedback?? thankss

spdracerut
12-15-2007, 06:12 PM
I've always been a fan of MB Quart and Boston Acoustics.Â* I have some friends that really like JL Audios speakers; I've always used JL subs but haven't tried their speakers.Â* I don't know much about Alpine speakers, though I always use their head units.Â*

Uh... maybe shop around some more?Â* Also, what kind of amp are you going to use?

awdlancer
12-15-2007, 07:48 PM
mb quarts are awsome but there a bit expensive ... but you cant go wrong with alpine :grin:

antics22
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
+1 on MB quarts but keep in mind that they usually like a lot of power requiring you to run a separate amp in order to make them sound the best.

If you are looking for a good replacement speaker and are going to be driving them through your stock headunit, look for speakers that have LOW RMS ratings and broader frequency response...

The lower the frequency response, the better bass range it will have.

eg: 25-30,000 Hz has better bass response than 40-30,000 Hz.

wayne
02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Like the Infinity reference component set myself. I read somewhere to skip on the metal dome tweeter unless you plan to put carpet on the dash.

/dash carpet in an Evo :uglystupid2: