PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Question

bboy_RES
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
i had my timing belt and water pump replaced recently at Ball Mitsubishi and i paid for the service because the problem was caused by my camshaft installation (my dumba$$ forgot to tighten the water pump belt after the installation). obviously it wasn't covered by my warranty since the problem was caused by the aftermarket part. i'm getting locked out of 5th gear when i shift into it at high rpms so i might want to get my tranny looked at. would this be covered under my warranty or is it totally voided from the camshafts?

1GGEvo
12-13-2007, 06:53 PM
depends on the dealer, don't be surprised if they give you a big fat VOID Warranty

bboy_RES
12-13-2007, 06:57 PM
i know that my warranty is voided if they can prove that the problem was caused by the aftermarket part, but i'm not sure if my warranty was completely voided from the timing belt replacement or if it just didnt cover that particular problem since it was caused by an aftermarket part.

gsrIXevo
12-13-2007, 07:35 PM
1GGEvo ... is correct...

it depends on the dealer when it comes to your warranty as a whole...
but when it comes to your tranny.. if you have a different clutch than stock.. they will void it...
if you think about it.. its like opening up a dell pc and then sending it back because the cpu took a dump... you will have to prove that your aftermarket clutch is not the cause.. but the evo tranny is not the strongest part.. and when they see a aftermarket clutch that was not installed by the dealer.... then they will void it... some have had luck getting the work done and backed by RRE when it comes to warranty war.....

bboy_RES
12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
i have the stock clutch though. i guess i'll just call a couple dealers and see what they say.

16g blue_evo
12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
some of my friends work at ball mit..i can ask all they do is work on evo's all day..just tell me what is wrong ..i guess you said that the 5 th gear lock you out right on your high rpms..ill ask tommrrw.i live one block away from it

bboy_RES
12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
i'd appreciate that man. please let me know asap.

JMB8606
02-18-2008, 07:07 PM
did you try adjusting the rod behind the clutch pedal.

cezber23
02-18-2008, 07:13 PM
the best thing is to put all everything to stock to get it claimed under warranty.

c_sautter
02-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Haha putting it back to stock isn't an option with ron. It'll take you a month to do that.