PDA

View Full Version : For those with bluetooth head units. Where did you put the microphone?

pjs4x
12-30-2007, 11:21 AM
I ran the mic through the ashtray and clipped it to the lower cubby hole.Â* Â*My friend ran his up the pillar and clipped it onto his visor but whenever I talk to him, it sounds like crap.Â* I was wondering where you guys are putting your microphones for the best sound.Â* I thought of putting on top of the steering wheel column but didn't want the wire to get tied up/tangles in the column.Â* Any advice would be great.Â* Thanks in advance.

darkevo
12-30-2007, 11:52 AM
I ran the mic through the ashtray and clipped it to the lower cubby hole.Â* Â*My friend ran his up the pillar and clipped it onto his visor but whenever I talk to him, it sounds like crap.Â* I was wondering where you guys are putting your microphones for the best sound.Â* I thought of putting on top of the steering wheel column but didn't want the wire to get tied up/tangles in the column.Â* Any advice would be great.Â* Thanks in advance.

mine is up the A pillar, and then sticks out right at the top of the corner.Â* No complaints for me seems to be working great.Â* I have the JVC single din Nav unit KD-NX5000

antics22
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM
mine is also on the A pillar where it meets the headliner. Played around with positionings, and the best place was right were the rear-view mirror was. On the A-pillar, it only sounds good if the windows are up, otherwise, it picks up wind noise from outside.

The EVO is a pretty loud car, so no matter where you place the mic, expect the sound quality on your end to be so-so.

76kcfdeng
01-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I also have mine at the top of the a pillar, its a pioneer 7900bt. I have had no complaints about sound quality.
Glen

HB Evo Owner
01-04-2008, 02:41 AM
i also have the 7900bt. and its mounted at the top of my A pillar. works pretty well.

pjs4x
01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
I have the same head unit. Can you show me pictures of where exactly you mounted it? Did you use the stickies that came with the head unit? Also, did you have some space between the actual head unit and the trim piece in the car? I have space on both sides of the head unit and on the bottom and top? I did not use the trim piece that came with the head unit. It doesn't even look like it would fit. Any help would be great. Another thing i noticed is that every minute or so, the head unit goes bright. By bright, I mean the song playing along with the background show up really blue. Is that an install problem or is it something I can fix in the settings or is it normal? Thanks for your help.

dontrevme
01-05-2008, 12:23 PM
In evo's i run them to the sunglass holder.