PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain Gran Turismo for me?

antics22
01-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Okay, i'm so friggin confused...

why is there three different Gran Turismos coming out?

- GT5

- GT5 Prologue

- and GT HD???

which one is what? and whats the dealio?

Telemundo
01-03-2008, 12:41 PM
GT5 is the actual full sequel to GT4. GT HD and GT5 Prologue are basically demos.

silvery_eagle
01-03-2008, 02:07 PM
GT HD is the first demo (1 track 10 cars 10 modded same car 2 mode).

GT5 Prologue is basically GT HD with more cars, 4 tracks if i remember correctly.. and multiplay over internet. (this version is for the people who cannot wait). it's already out in Japan.

GT5 is the real final version.

antics22
01-03-2008, 04:48 PM
perfect. Thanks for the clarification. So I guess next question is:

Prologe probably not worth it, right? and theres no sight of GT5 releasing anytime soon... correcto?

Telemundo
01-03-2008, 04:50 PM
It's worth it is you are a fan of the GT series. No sight of a solid release date of GT5.

bd307
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
perfect. Thanks for the clarification. So I guess next question is:

Prologe probably not worth it, right? and theres no sight of GT5 releasing anytime soon... correcto?

It defitinitely worths your money getting it. Improved physics and gfx over GTHD.

cuti3xbooti3
01-04-2008, 10:16 AM
its great watching spectators watch ur every move. they actally pretty realistic. great game. i'd get the gt prologue.

ebevo
01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
okay so after a much need rest/vacation, return back to the daily grind and a coworker tells me there's a new GT HD demo available for DL

Background I played GT Prologue Demo first and it was a fantastic demo.

DL GT HD v1.2 last night it's like an entirely different game compared to GT Prologue demo. The GT HD demo I got last night can be best described as "a letter that begins in "S" and ends in "T" and is not the word soot" :buck2:

I unlocked every car and the drift track in about 1/2 hour. The game physics was just terribly wrong. I think I will free up 622MB from my HDD tonight and stick with GT Prologue Demo until Feb when Prologue hits US shores.

Why are they releasing an update to a discontinued project is another question? GT HD was scrapped and some of the design was carried over to the GT5 Prologue project which is the main project :crazy2: