PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Headunit Problem

HB Evo Owner
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
when i power off the car theres a pop from the speakers that normal its if you leave the volume up before shutting down the car.

so i turned the volume to zero and turned it off and it still happened. so i turn off the headunit and try it again, same... that popping noise.

anyone know how to get rid of that noise? i have an amp running to it but in my old car with a system i never had this problem.

dontrevme
01-05-2008, 12:21 PM
when i power off the car theres a pop from the speakers that normal its if you leave the volume up before shutting down the car.

so i turned the volume to zero and turned it off and it still happened. so i turn off the headunit and try it again, same... that popping noise.

2 THINGS

check your ground (both the stereo ground, and amplifier ground)

check to see if your remote wire is slightly delayed (your amp should shut off AFTER the stereo does.)

anyone know how to get rid of that noise? i have an amp running to it but in my old car with a system i never had this problem.

PineApple
01-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I am guessing you are referring to the low pass portion/subwoofer correct? Like mentioned before, the reason it is doing it, or more than likely, is becasue the headunit is turning off after the amplifier. What you can do is create a relay that runs off your dome light or something. So when you open your door it triggers the relay closed and shuts the power off. YOu could always return the head unit and get another one to see if that takes care of the problem. I used to have this problem with an old Pioneer Premier head unit I had but once I changed it out the problem went away. Also, you could just get an epicenter or an equalizer and that could possibly help. I'd definately return it and get another one to see if that changes anything.