PDA

View Full Version : EVO X FULL TEST by Edmunds

RallyWRX
01-08-2008, 11:35 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=124209/pageId=134214

vial8or
01-09-2008, 12:24 AM
looks like a good solid car. not incredibly slower than the ix
im more than happy with my ix thank you very much though!!!
:)

WW IX RS
01-09-2008, 12:53 AM
I knew the car was faster than what was ran with the test mules. So many people were attacking the car from those #'s lol..

And I knew the car would be faster than the IX around the track! Which is what mater's really isn't it?

Good stuff! I hope that this helps Mitsubishi become a bigger stronger Auto Maker here in the U.S..

xxxAce21xxx
01-09-2008, 01:30 AM
hmmmm im proud of the new X it isnt a discrace to evo's like i thot it would be mad props =D

leaveit2bevo
01-09-2008, 09:50 AM
why do they mention vishnu jesus

Mister
01-09-2008, 12:35 PM
^LOL.

I thought the same thing......

choicelaw
01-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Any ideas when the article/video from the LB Meet with the X and STI are coming out?

RallyWRX
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
I knew the car was faster than what was ran with the test mules. So many people were attacking the car from those #'s lol..

And I knew the car would be faster than the IX around the track! Which is what mater's really isn't it?

Good stuff! I hope that this helps Mitsubishi become a bigger stronger Auto Maker here in the U.S..

Well, it depends on the track... the X handles better, but the IX has better acceleration. It seems to respond very well to basic mods, though. Its really a nice car. In fact, I will be looking for another car soon and I'll be cross shopping an EVO X MR with an Infiniti G35. Of course, I'm more a performance oriented buyer...

How the EVO does is questionable to me. It can't compare to BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti or even VW to the brand conscious. These same people will never even consider a Mitsubishi. In addition, the price increase will probably put it out of range to the buyers who had to stretch to make payments on a $30k car. The original EVO faithful not liking the new car and hanging on to your older models can't help sales either. Should be interesting...

leaveit2bevo
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
where did you get the info that it responds well to basic mods?

WW IX RS
01-10-2008, 03:47 AM
where did you get the info that it responds well to basic mods?

On the Interweb yo! Duh... lol.

fusionchicken
01-10-2008, 05:49 AM
damn i must say the X looked REALLY GOOD around the track...around the cones it was flat against the ground, i loved it.

101mph trap...back to 03 VIII's but i'm sure the X.5 or XI will fix that O0

i'm really loving the way the X looks and the way it handles...a stronger than before 6spd manual would be a huge plus as well, though that'd probably add a few pounds too.

Ixse
01-10-2008, 08:58 AM

Have you seen the vid of X(2), IX, G37 racing on the track? seemed like in japan.. the IX took the win pretty easy it seemed.. who knows? driver diff?? (they were all prof. drivers though)

Terry S
01-10-2008, 09:06 AM
why do they mention vishnu jesus

Because Shiv did a good job at making his shop into a Magazine shop like HKS, Works, etc...

Terry S

JOOTZ
01-10-2008, 09:24 AM

Well, it depends on the track... the X handles better, but the IX has better acceleration. It seems to respond very well to basic mods, though. Its really a nice car. In fact, I will be looking for another car soon and I'll be cross shopping an EVO X MR with an Infiniti G35. Of course, I'm more a performance oriented buyer...

How the EVO does is questionable to me. It can't compare to BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti or even VW to the brand conscious. These same people will never even consider a Mitsubishi. In addition, the price increase will probably put it out of range to the buyers who had to stretch to make payments on a $30k car. The original EVO faithful not liking the new car and hanging on to your older models can't help sales either. Should be interesting...

guys who buy an evo , most of the time know what they are getting into,not a luxury car
modwise with the X,there seems to be too many bells and whistles to deal with in modding it,interesting

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5677/122ju7.jpg

djspeks
01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
good review...you guys read the "second opinion" part?