PDA

View Full Version : Annoying problems with Pioneer deh 7900bt head unit

pjs4x
01-13-2008, 09:33 PM
For those with this head unit, anytime the radio, CD player, ipod, etc. is on and even when the radio is off, the background intermittently turns all blue and bright and then turns off and goes back to normal.Â* It does this all the time and It is very annoying.Â* It does not happen at specific time intervals but just happens randomly but happens all the time.Â* Usually, the title of the song is blue and the background is black but when this happens, the title of the song goes black and the background goes all bright blue.Â* Is this a problem with the installation wiring or is it a setting I have to fix in the head unit?Â*

Another quirk I have is that I did not install the trim that came with the head unit because the car trim did not look like it would fit over it.Â* Now, I have a small gap between the head unit on top, bottom, left and right to the trim.Â* Is this normal fit or is there any way to make it perfect snug and fit?Â*

Thanks for your help.Â* Also be posting this on socalevo for more input.

lokimr
01-14-2008, 11:12 AM
In one of my other cars I have the DEH6800 I know what you are talking about its a setting you can turn off. Now I forget what it is called exactly look for "Back light" or "Reverse mode" mess with those two... I had to mess with all the settings to figure it out. ;)

-LoKi