PDA

View Full Version : Re: TTech in JDM Options magazine

MJCT9A
01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
ever try the "Disco Potato Turbo" ? I hear it's the "Ish"

Smogrunner
01-13-2008, 08:37 AM

I've heard of it, but I haven't heard great things about it. It's just a little single scroll 28R Garrett turbo that would be slower than the twin scroll FP Green in my opinion. It would include all of the headaches of a turbo kit (expense, illegal, long term reliability) without the big benefits in power. Definitely too small for a 2.3 imho. Have you heard differently?

MJCT9A
01-13-2008, 08:53 PM

I've heard of it, but I haven't heard great things about it. It's just a little single scroll 28R Garrett turbo that would be slower than the twin scroll FP Green in my opinion. It would include all of the headaches of a turbo kit (expense, illegal, long term reliability) without the big benefits in power. Definitely too small for a 2.3 imho. Have you heard differently?

Obviously you "don't" know about it then..... hmmm NM then :roll:
Lemme get the "specs" and I will post them...

Smogrunner
01-14-2008, 06:32 AM

I split this off from the main thread so that we could happily go off topic.

Unless you know about some other turbo with the same silly name, I was right. Just a tiney 28R. http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/hpiab2/prod176.htm

atlvalet
01-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Green > Disco Potato

47lbs./min > 35 lbs./min

Mister
01-29-2008, 08:57 PM

I split this off from the main thread so that we could happily go off topic.

Unless you know about some other turbo with the same silly name, I was right. Just a tiney 28R. http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/hpiab2/prod176.htm

Yes Smoggy you are correct. Its a GT28r. Popular with the drifter guys for ultra quick spoolup, but it flattens out toward the top end.

I don't see the point of installing one on an Evo, when an FP GReen or 20G should be able to outflow the thing!

Smogrunner
01-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Here is an update on my turbo woes.... I really hope the performance is worth the wait! See the post I made tonight.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=315870