PDA

View Full Version : South Coast Mitsubishi's Evo MR's

EsEm
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
so i recently discovered that somehow there were still a few brand new 2006 evo MR's even tho were in 2008...
so long story short i was lookin through dealers inventory online and noticed south coast had 5. so i decided to call to make sure wut i was seeing was accurate and that they really did still have 5 on the lot. The conversation with one of the managers went like this..

Me:Hi im trying to find out if you online inventory of 5 brand new 2006 evos is correct.
Manager: yes it is, but the thing with thoes cars is kinda different that our others.
Me:How are they different?
Manager:There not priced at MSRP
Me:There not? i take it that means you guys have a added mark up on them?
Manager: Yes, well you see the cars are the owners collection, and he has them on the lot taking offers on them.
Me:WTF!?
Manager:He's already gotten an offer of $50,000 and turned it down.
Me:There is no way in hell anyone would pay 50k for a new evo. Especially when i jus got off the phone with a dealer that has a brand new one for 37...
Manager:Well i have no reason to lie to you
-I Hung up

Sadly i didn't get his name, but rofl this has to be the funnist thing i ever heard from any dealer. i cant even believe they are really telling people this kinda stuff.

I just thought i'd post this because i just couldn't believe the words coming outa this guys mouth. never in my life have i heard anything that insane.

Sam Smash
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
No real point of posting this, We do not want to sell them. If someone makes an offer that is worth to us to get rid of them we will. The owner here has a collection of cars that he just doesn't want to retail. But everything has a price. If you wanted a new evo, your 2 years too late. In a few days we will have the NEW evo and you are more than welcome to buy that. We do have a few preowned low mileage evo 9.

You are more than welcome to edit Manager and add my name (Sam) said this and that. I answered the phone.

Why is this so insane to believe? We do not HAVE TO sell our cars. If we want to set a price that no one wants to pay, we have a reason. I have 1 mr brand new in every color. Its our collection, maybe they will be worth something to a car collector in 10 years. We can wait, we love evos and cannot ever replace them in the future. They are not built anymore.

:)

EsEm
01-14-2008, 02:51 PM
i'll never believe anyone offered 50k for any of thoes cars.
btw like i said b4 there are still new evos out there so im not 2 years 2 late.

Sam Smash
01-14-2008, 02:55 PM
They were built 2 years ago and sitting on a lot, you want that car?? I am not here to prove to you that we did or did not get this offer. You cannot purchase these cars at 37k, 45k, or 50k. Its not worth it to us, we would rather keep them :) $37k sounds like a great deal compared to my price, maybe you should run to that dealer and buy it :) Seems silly though, a 2 year old car for more than the evo x

DEALS!!!!!!!

Thero
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
MSRP means Manufactures Suggested Retail Price. Key word is Suggested. The Dealership can mark them up or down as they want to. If you found one for 37k then why didn't you buy it?

tanK
01-14-2008, 02:59 PM
It wasn't uncommon that people purchased evo's for over 40k while they were still being produced...

EsEm
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM
MSRP means Manufactures Suggested Retail Price. Key word is Suggested. The Dealership can mark them up or down as they want to. If you found one for 37k then why didn't you buy it?

Because i still think thats 2 much for the car. if it was such a good deal it'd b gone by now.

AaronI1
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
If i had to, i would pay 37k for a WW IX MR. Â*that was the original car i really wanted. Â*Instead, i have my TB SE that i love also. Â*wish i had WW though

EsEm
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
If i had to, i would pay 37k for a WW IX MR. that was the original car i really wanted. Instead, i have my TB SE that i love also. wish i had WW though

yea white is my fav color on the evo as well, but this one for 37k is silver.

Sam Smash
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM

Thank You, bottom line and I did explain this we don't want to sell them. They are in our inventory so we can't hide that fact. We just don't want to sell them especially for MSRP. They have a value to us that little money cannot buy. I will discount the hell out of the new evo but these are bad ass, brand new, each color that they ever made for the MR and in our car collection. End of story, beat the offer of 50k or just buy it somewhere else if it has to be new.

Personally, Â*on another note, if a dealership still has this car in stock and has been trying to retail it I wouldn't buy it. A car sitting on a lot for 2 years, not driven just doesn't seem right to me. I rather buy a car from someone that keep good condition of it and has under 15k for the age. Engine has been operated in the time, properly broken into, all recalls have been taken care of. Thats my voice and not of the dealership.

Thero
01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
No Problem. I work at A dealership to and deal with this all the time.

I agree with Sam. Being that the car has been sitting at the dealership for two years it has "Lot Rot". The car has probably sat in one spot for a few months and all the lubricated parts that require the vehicle to be ran start to dry out due to the vehicle not being driven which leads to the parts drying out and leads to future problems. You should probably find a pre-owned one with low miles on it because like mentioned already. it has had all service done, all recalls corrected, and probably is even better than the one sitting on a lot for two years. Help someone out on the forms and purchase one of the cars in the Evo for Sale area. Really good deals in there.

Thank You, bottom line and I did explain this we don't want to sell them. They are in our inventory so we can't hide that fact. We just don't want to sell them especially for MSRP. They have a value to us that little money cannot buy. I will discount the hell out of the new evo but these are bad ass, brand new, each color that they ever made for the MR and in our car collection. End of story, beat the offer of 50k or just buy it somewhere else if it has to be new.

Personally,Â* on another note, if a dealership still has this car in stock and has been trying to retail it I wouldn't buy it. A car sitting on a lot for 2 years, not driven just doesn't seem right to me. I rather buy a car from someone that keep good condition of it and has under 15k for the age. Engine has been operated in the time, properly broken into, all recalls have been taken care of. Thats my voice and not of the dealership.

vial8or
01-14-2008, 04:25 PM
wtf.....i would LOVE to have a IX MR in every color BRAND NEW!!!
that shit is just tooo sick.

EvO9marine
01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
dont listen to thAT dude Sam!! he's a retard :uglystupid2: i got my IX MR for 37k. i got a good deal from LB mitsubishi!!! thanks Sam!!!