PDA

View Full Version : how much is a tint citation?

01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
got a ticket for front windows(13% :roll:) and carpool violation :2funny:, just wondering how much is the fine for the Tint in court???

and I've been reading some people say that no tint is allowed on all windows according to the CHP website, but then others say only the front can't be tinted the back can be any %, which is what I thought??

both first time violations, clean record.

Coolguy949
01-15-2008, 01:51 PM
From what I know you cant have tint on the front windows or the windshield at all. You can sometimes get away with it if you put a lighter tint on the front windows than in the back because a cop may think there is no tint up front.

You probably received the tint ticket because you had a carpool violation. A lot of times an officer will walk the car and stack up other violations he sees.

The tint ticket is typically $10 or so and $100+ for the second violation. The carpool ticket will hurt though because it's a minimum $341 i think. You may be able to have it lowered by talking to the judge and having a good story.

DTunedEvoX
01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
It cost me $10.00 @ court to pay for front window tint.
Front window Tint is illegal in the State of CA.

01-15-2008, 02:16 PM
From what I know you cant have tint on the front windows or the windshield at all. You can sometimes get away with it if you put a lighter tint on the front windows than in the back because a cop may think there is no tint up front.

You probably received the tint ticket because you had a carpool violation. A lot of times an officer will walk the car and stack up other violations he sees.

yeah that's what I was thinking too, but should I be ok if i just take it off the front windows only and leave the rear's tinted?

but on the CHP site it says "26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows."

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

Coolguy949
01-15-2008, 03:16 PM

yeah that's what I was thinking too, but should I be ok if i just take it off the front windows only and leave the rear's tinted?

but on the CHP site it says "26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows."

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

I received a tint ticket in orange county. I had it signed off in Irvine at City Hall. I removed the front tint but left the side and rear on. They had no problem with it.

01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I see, I was just going to wait until next month and have it removed, after i have it taken off i can just take it to city hall or do I go to the DMV? for inspection and they will give me some sort of certificate or proof that it is ok?

Coolguy949
01-15-2008, 03:43 PM
You go to a police station. Many are found at city hall. Bring the original ticket and they will sign the back of it. Then you go to court and pay the ticket. Some courts allow you to have the ticket signed off there. You will want t call the number on the ticket to get more info.

01-15-2008, 04:11 PM
cool thanks for the tip, this won't affect insurance, since it isn't a moving violation?

DTunedEvoX
01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
cool thanks for the tip, this won't affect insurance, since it isn't a moving violation?

No ...

r00k
01-15-2008, 04:30 PM
It cost me $20 to remove the tint on both front windows. Then $10 at any police station that'll sign it off after showing the correction. Then $40 to put new tint back on. LOL.

I paid $430 for riding solo in the carpool lane on the 57s. I gave them the ol' I'm late for work excuse...didn't work though.

AWDTURBO
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM
usually if you get a correctable tint violation its $10 to get it signed off after you remove your tint...if you get one w/ a non-correctable violation its like $75+ depending how many of them you got before.

I got a non-correctable one from San Marino PD a while back and went to alhambra court and tried to fight it along w/ my speeding ticket....ended up cop showing up (99% of the time @ alhambra courts) and paid $75 for the tint ticket itself w/out removing my tint.

EC_EVO
01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
^^^^ i did't read all of this but i just got threw with my tint ticket TODAY. some people say that it only costs $10 but i went to the court house to see how much it was gonna cost and he told me for mine it would be $170, so i took it off today and had it sighned off. if its your first time it might be $10 but this was my third time taking my tint off so idk... go to the court house and ask they will be able to tell you. it might be less if you go to court though..

AWDTURBO
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
yeah if u go though court and see the judge he may reduce the fine if u ask for it.....

rino
01-15-2008, 05:08 PM
i got my tint fixed, went to the chp to get it signed off, the guy didnt even come out to take a look

i also paid $10

01-15-2008, 07:22 PM
yeah, I'm just going to wait till next month and have the front tint taken off and have that signed off, also going to try and push the court date back with a urgent excuse, I have a friend who was supposed to appear in court in july but instead he got it pushed back all the way to november, and the cop didn't show up so he didn't have to pay anything~

I paid $430 for riding solo in the carpool lane on the 57s. I gave them the ol' I'm late for work excuse...didn't work though.

hahahaha, I told him I had just dropped my daughter off and accidentally got back in :2funny: :2funny:, so he put me down for 21655.5 which I think is 'accidental'. Odd as this sounds I kind of needed this ticket, I've been riding solo in the carpool lane since october, I knew I would never stop doing it until I get caught :buck2:

vortech_g35
01-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Cost me $35 total.

02-02-2008, 02:41 PM
btw I got the notice in the mail and it says I can pay the citation online, is it possible to pay both citations online and not have to make a court appearance? or can I pay both online then still have to make a court appearance?

02-04-2008, 03:02 PM
?

DTunedEvoX
02-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I wouldnt risk it if I were you. You have no proof showing you resolved the tint :p .... But iono - I'd rather do everything the RIGHT way lol

02-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Man I got pulled over yet again today!!! I was coming out of the hospital, i had an ear wax build up so i had them flushed out with some solution. so I get outside and trust your boy is feeling like a new man O0

I get in the car and get ready to make a right hand turn from the driveway and what do I see....5-0 cruisin by right in front of me, so I hit the windows MAD quick an then the cop passes. so i pull out and see the pig just waiting off to the left, I cruise by him and he gets behind me, I hit a right turn MAD quick into resedential thinking i can shake him(hahaha) he keeps on me and hits the lights. I pull over.

It was a 30 year old looking dude and he had another little junior cop riding shotgun, t :roll:he senior cop gets out and walks toward my whip, the little junior pig opens his door as well and puts his hand on his on gun/waste like this is some serious shhh.

Cop comes over and tells me "just a 25 cent piece of advice, rolling your windows down doesn't make you look innocent......" I was like "........ :2funny:"... nah i didn't laugh i just was like "yeah". He ask about my front plate, I told him I got the car like this and he sort of complies. I told him about the ticket I got last month and how I had court next week and that I was on my way right now to get it taken care of, he goes "yeah I've heard that one before". So I keep stressing and telling i swear I was on my way, and eventually he complies and agrees to give me a warning....PHEW.

So I cruised over to west covina to some tint shop, they did tint but they didn't do removal. So I think I'm just going to go to the original place that did it and have them take it off and put 35% then I should be good. Also puttin my front plate back, gotta start ridin clean again :oops: :oops: