PDA

View Full Version : I need a job

Saint
01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Everything seems dead right now. I'm a college student that is looking for a part time job in the 626 area (closer to Pasadena the better). Please let me know if you know anybody who is hiring (please no food industry jobs).

Thanks in advance.

Terenus
01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I heard McDonalds is hiring! haha

speedracer2169
01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
You can try getting a Job at Amerrica's Tire Company in the area let me know which one you wanna go to and I can make a call for you

1of1000MR
01-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Yea, the economy sucks right now. What I would do in your position is go to your career center and see what services they can provide you. Good luck Â*O0

Saint
01-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Looking more for an office assistant type job I guess. I've had enough of working in the auto industry.

909EVO8
01-15-2008, 03:12 PM
CRAIGSLIST

Terenus
01-15-2008, 03:13 PM
www.monster.com

Saint
01-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Tried them all. If you personally know someone hiring, please let me know.

x[corwyn]
01-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Go into computers. I have more calls than I know what to do with right now.

All the regular jobs are gluttoned from the Real Estate effect going on right now. People are either migrating from Selling real estate, mortgages, title insurance etc etc, to other jobs that are not as good or lateral. BTW 1 in 8 was employed in OC in the Real Estate Market.

If you need a job and dont need to make a ton of money, I worked as a Valet for PPS, and did that as a 2nd job for years.

Another thing I did was Data Entry Clerk, and those jobs are all over and you get your foot in the door in a department doing that. Plus you can apply that to a lot of jobs.

Or my fun job was working for Showcase Car rental and detailed cars, and transported them between their Newport Beach, LAX, and Las Vegas sites. Didnt pay much, but driving nice cars to and from places and getting paid for it was fun.

01-15-2008, 03:35 PM
yo im also interested if anyone knows about anything in west covina/close to west covina area that's hiring, I've dropped off a lot of app's + resumes, plus monster, but nothing so far.

x[corwyn]
01-15-2008, 03:37 PM
yo im also interested if anyone knows about anything in west covina/close to west covina area that's hiring, I've dropped off a lot of app's + resumes, plus monster, but nothing so far.

Look at some of the places websites that are close to you. Especially hospitals. They always post internally before they will got to Monster or Dice...etc . I got a job in a hospital by driving over there and looking through their job book and applying for it. Hospitals ALWAYS have jobs.

06evoMR
01-15-2008, 03:44 PM
www.careerbuilder.com ,

white9
01-15-2008, 03:50 PM
valet boi! ftw!

01-15-2008, 03:56 PM
]

Look at some of the places websites that are close to you. Especially hospitals. They always post internally before they will got to Monster or Dice...etc . I got a job in a hospital by driving over there and looking through their job book and applying for it. Hospitals ALWAYS have jobs.

cool. so it's called a 'job book'? just ask at human resources?

jayvolution
01-15-2008, 03:59 PM

check out www.cvhp.org
they have 3 hospitals. Foothill, W. Covina, and Covina
without any heathcare experience i suggest applying for a receptionist position if your willing. but your best option is as an Admissions Clerk. you'll gain a lot of useful experience and as a plus most of your co-workers will be girls. i used to work for cvhp.

jayvolution
01-15-2008, 04:01 PM
]

no dont ask for a "job book". just go to the front desk and ask where the job postings are. its normally near human resources and posted on a wall somewhere.

x[corwyn]
01-15-2008, 04:06 PM
]

Yup. Or go on their website and look in careers, but I bet the job book will have more open jobs since its geared to the internal.

rammsteinmatt
01-15-2008, 06:25 PM
just saw that kragan at arrow and bonnie cove in glendora was looking to hire, kinda far from pasadena, but just throwing that out there

01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
just saw that kragan at arrow and bonnie cove in glendora was looking to hire, kinda far from pasadena, but just throwing that out there

do you need prior experience in the automotive field to work there? or is it more like retail?

reglaranang
01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
US Army Active/Reserve....bonus, 150jobs well that's what i get for being a Recruiter.

Saint
01-15-2008, 08:51 PM
US Army Active/Reserve....bonus, 150jobs well that's what i get for being a Recruiter.

Do you have a GG IX and work out of the Pasadena recruiting office across PCC?

vortech_g35
01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Work for a car dealership as a Car porter or a Car washer.

x[corwyn]
01-15-2008, 09:56 PM

Kinda hard to enjoy the Evo if you are in Afghanistan/Iraq serving on your 3 or 4th tour... I have a few buddies that are in reserves that would have been better off active...They would have served far less time. My daughter's stepfather hasn't been in the US in about 4 years now except for 3 times for less than a week each time.
Must be a rough gig being a recruiter right now.

x[corwyn]
01-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Work for a car dealership as a Car porter or a Car washer.

I've done that before! That was fun. They make Valets look like amateurs for doing evil stuff/swiping stuff from cars.

x[corwyn]
01-15-2008, 09:59 PM
]

no dont ask for a "job book". just go to the front desk and ask where the job postings are. its normally near human resources and posted on a wall somewhere.

Memorial Care hospitals they actually have a job book at each hospital or they used to. I would say each hospital is different with how they handle HR stuff.

cesrevoIX
01-15-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm the warehouse manager at this shop in vernon, bout 20 min south of pasadena. looking for a lumper $100 for bout 5 hrs work... let me know...

jayvolution
01-16-2008, 01:47 AM
i used to work at firestone in pasadena on colorado blvd. its just a few blocks away from PCC. if your interested go there and ask for Jerry. tell him Jay referred you.

]

]

Memorial Care hospitals they actually have a job book at each hospital or they used to. I would say each hospital is different with how they handle HR stuff.

thats true.

heingtaing
06-27-2008, 07:30 AM
try a staffing agency, select personnel is good, they send you to jobs even if you arent really qualified.

phillies23
06-27-2008, 07:49 AM
yah dude a job too... lets start a evo gang and start a drug transport service lol... dude ive drop load of resumes and so far nothing...

you should apply cell phone industry ... Commmision is really great plus hours... i would have a job there but i cant stop smoking weed :)

dingleberry
06-27-2008, 01:46 PM
I go to PCC too and I'm also looking for a job!!

Saint
06-27-2008, 01:57 PM
I go to PCC too and I'm also looking for a job!!

What garage do you usually park in?

Wow old thread revival. Update: I ended up getting a job at a medical management company as an eligibility coordinator.

Saint
10-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Find me a better job.

Skiracer
10-12-2008, 08:57 PM
30 best Web sites for job hunters
http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/07/news/economy/best.websites.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2008050910

Saint
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
30 best Web sites for job hunters
http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/07/news/economy/best.websites.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2008050910

Who's gonna take advice for someone who's been jobless for like 6 months?

jk Simon.

evopaul
10-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Looking more for an office assistant type job I guess. I've had enough of working in the auto industry.

Try 14 years....

Saint
10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
thats about 14 years too long.