PDA

View Full Version : E85 Blending with CA91-why not?

Visco
02-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I have been reading quite a bit about the benefits of tuning with E85/100 oct/meth/h20.Â*

Since many people are only running 650-750 cc injectors, why not tune for a blend of 91 and E85 for which those injectors can handle the increased consumption requirements?

Given my setup with denso 720's/walbro 255, I could probably blend 50/50 (effective octane of around 97 octane) run a couple more psi and more timing throughout, while also passing smog with HKS 272 cams/HFC and not smelling like I'm running E85.

Many of the benefits without upgrading to wild injectors and compromising 91 drivability.

Of course this would include a tune specific for the blend, but any issues here with E47.5?

tanK
02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Its mostly a hassle of getting the correct mix everytime you fill up. How would you like to measure precisely the mixture in your fuel tank everytime you fill up? Or you would have to keep a drum of your concoction in your garage everytime you wanted to fill up.

Visco
02-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Empty tank, pump 5 gal of E85, fill the rest with 91. Not perfect, but close enough.

The tune would have to have a measure of safety, but all pump tunes should anyway as evidenced by variable quality of pump gas from station to station. (i.e. Costco 91 vs. Chevron 91)

Terenus
02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Yes, you have variable quality even with just one gas station. But you're talking about mixing two different types of fuel.

Dirty Harry
02-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Scot Gray mentioned in his e85 thread that 720cc's should be fine for stockish turbos.

gen4k20a2
02-04-2008, 03:18 PM
plus how do you know they will mix well in your tank. not to mention...what would be the benefit. not like you get a peace out on the smog checks.

gt40
02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
If your doing this because of concern for injectors, 720's will work at any sane level of boost(25-26) with stock turbo and straight e85.Â* 91 is more expensive too- 1.00 a gallon.Â* Your variable octane you will get mixing adhoc makes tuning for anywhere close to optimum levels of power not really possible because your tune would have to be adjusted for each tank.Â* Run e85 or 91 but save the mixing imo. I am on my 10th tank of staight e85 and the waters fine :) This stuff is awesome if you live close to brentwood or san diego and can get it at the pump.

Dirty Harry
02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
^ Where in SD?

Visco
02-04-2008, 04:18 PM
It is mainly concern for injectors and their ability to meet the consumption requirements of straight E85. RRE started using 880cc injectors as the minimum required for their stage 1. Stock turbo running 24-25 psi on E85 looks like it might be the best option then for me, given I keep the 720s.

plus how do you know they will mix well in your tank. not to mention...what would be the benefit. not like you get a peace out on the smog checks.

Benefits: Higher boost, more timing, less expensive than 100 oct. It would be nice to be able to re-register the car when it comes due without swapping cams out.

EVOMANIAC
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
^ Where in SD?

Pearson Fuels. Its right next to Pearson Ford on El Cajon Blvd off the 15.

c_sautter
02-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Ok, I've been reading about E85 all day, and it seems that running this fuel will eventually ruin all the rubber seals it comes in contact with. Mixing it with 91 oct won't really reduce that effect, would it? It seems that it would make a lot of sense to run 91 with E85 to increase the octane since E85 is rated at 100-105 octane. However, E85 doesn't have the potential for power like regular gas does, so you're not really going to gain much anyway. So exact mixing aside, is there really any viable gain to be had with either mixing or running straight E85 with a tune?

gt40
02-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Ok, I've been reading about E85 all day, and it seems that running this fuel will eventually ruin all the rubber seals it comes in contact with. Mixing it with 91 oct won't really reduce that effect, would it? It seems that it would make a lot of sense to run 91 with E85 to increase the octane since E85 is rated at 100-105 octane. However, E85 doesn't have the potential for power like regular gas does, so you're not really going to gain much anyway. So exact mixing aside, is there really any viable gain to be had with either mixing or running straight E85 with a tune?

I think that is an erroneous conclusion. AMS did a test where they submerged the entire evo fuel system in e85- seals, fuel lines, pump etc for months and there was no impact at all. It might be an issue over 10 years or something. I have been running it for 2 months exclusively and the car runs awesome. No issues

Terenus
02-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Yea, I remember that article. If rubber seals deteriorate in 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised.

atlvalet
02-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Shit, rubber deteriorates in 10 years regardless...Anyone ever have to replace hoses in a 10 year old car? All the heat from the engine kills things. Replacing a few fuel lines (if necessary) would be less of a hassle in my book ;)

Skiracer
02-21-2008, 11:31 PM
It is mainly concern for injectors and their ability to meet the consumption requirements of straight E85.Â* RRE started using 880cc injectors as the minimum required for their stage 1.Â* Stock turbo running 24-25 psi on E85 looks like it might be the best option then for me, given I keep the 720s.

Benefits: Higher boost, more timing, less expensive than 100 oct. It would be nice to be able to re-register the car when it comes due without swapping cams out.

RRE now recommends 750cc injectors for a typical stage 1 setup. I'm a broke Mofo and can't afford new injectors, so i'm using my existing 660cc injectors on E85 on my stage 1 setup.
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=53637.0

c_sautter
02-22-2008, 01:13 PM

I think that is an erroneous conclusion. AMS did a test where they submerged the entire evo fuel system in e85- seals, fuel lines, pump etc for months and there was no impact at all. It might be an issue over 10 years or something. I have been running it for 2 months exclusively and the car runs awesome. No issues

Hmm, well if I'm wrong, then I'm going for it!

taenaive
02-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I just blended to make about E60 from Conserv Fuel today(4 gallons of 91 plus 10 gallons of E85).
Then, tunned my car on the way to work using stock ECU with my PT680cc injectors( using ECUflash).
the result was pretty good. I still have to tune more but it already went over my previous record with 91 gas( I am using DLL and evoscan). At the same boost level, you can run whole lot leaner( although, you pour a lot more E60 in to the cylinder).
Next week, I will be able to have pure E85 and test it again.
The smell of the corn fuel is like that you have a small beer brewery near you. O0

taenaive
02-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Dang it! 680cc is not enough for even E60 with 20 psi. I just found out that my injectors are maxed out near 6800 rpm. :tickedoff:
It seems that you need minimum 750cc. I think 1000cc is the safe bet for people like me who likes to rev high.

Skiracer
02-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Dang it! 680cc is not enough for even E60 with 20 psi. I just found out that my injectors are maxed out near 6800 rpm. :tickedoff:
It seems that you need minimum 750cc.Â* I think 1000cc is the safe bet for people like me who likes to rev high.

Eh? I had 90% injector duty cycle at 26psi on 660 injectors on pure E85 and did pulls up to my 7800RPM limiter. So i turned the boost down a bit to keep the injectors happier

airforce1
02-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Be careful about ethanol. I asked a local German Evo tuner about running ethanol and he suggested that since ethanol has no lubricating properties, the engine can be prone to oxidation, i.e. rust formation. Since he runs on ethanol on a daily driver 600-700 BHP evo 7, its not an issue. It would be an issue if the car sits idle for a long period of time.

taenaive
02-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Eh? I had 90% injector duty cycle at 26psi on 660 injectors on pure E85 and did pulls up to my 7800RPM limiter. So i turned the boost down a bit to keep the injectors happier

in my car, boost will have to taper near stock level to run okay with 7800rpm. Max IDC at that level is 15ms which I hit with my 91 gasÂ* at 7000rpm. My car is maxed out of mod with stock turbo and were able to run about 340 DLLhp using 91 gas when I have free flowing exahust( now 320~330 DLLhp with my HFC and very quiet flow limited stock like cat back)
680 cc is fine for under 6500 rpm.

Skiracer
02-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Be careful about ethanol.Â* I asked a local German Evo tuner about running ethanol and he suggested that since ethanol has no lubricating properties, the engine can be prone to oxidation, i.e. rust formation.Â* Since he runs on ethanol on a daily driver 600-700 BHP evo 7, its not an issue.Â* It would be an issue if the car sits idle for a long period of time.

If anything, the exhaust system will rust out faster . During combustion ethanol reacts with oxygen to produce carbon dioxide, water, and heat: (other air pollutants are also produced when ethanol is burned in the atmosphere rather than in pure oxygen)

However, if the e85 is contaminated with water, you're in for a lot of trouble:
"For ethanol contaminated with larger amounts of water (i.e., approximately 11% water, 89% ethanol, equivalent to 178 proof ethanol), considerable engine wear will occur, especially during times while the engine is heating up to normal operating temperatures. For example, just after starting the engine, low temperature partial combustion of the water-contaminated ethanol mixture takes place and causes engine wear. This wear, caused by water-contaminated E85, is the result of the combustion process of ethanol, water, and gasoline producing considerable amounts of formic acid (HCOOH, also known as methanoic acid and sometimes written as CH2O2). In addition to the production of formic acid occurring for water-contaminated E85, smaller amounts of acetaldehyde (CH3CHO) and acetic acid (C2H4O2) are also formed for water-contaminated ethanol combustion. Of these partial combustion products, formic acid is responsible for the majority of the rapid increase in engine wear.
"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E85_in_standard_engines

taenaive
02-28-2008, 12:38 AM
l don't use wideband. I just rely on stock O2 0.9 volt, DLL readings andÂ* my other senses to estimate AFRÂ* :grin:.
So far I averaged 10 miles per gallon with E85. I averaged 14 MPG with 91 gas though. It is ridiculus how much fuel that is need at WOT. It is like 40% more!!!!Â* Now you understand why my injectors are maxed out. However, I am still running much leaner than my 91 tune ( 0.92v).
I can't tune it anymore.Â* My injector scaling value is less than stock(500) and can't balance the good AFR across loads due to the stock ECU limitation. Even with my 680cc injectors maxed out above 6500 rpm, It is really lean (0.875~0.897 v). I am waiting for my 1050CC to come.

taenaive
03-03-2008, 11:52 PM
OMG!
I just got 1050cc injectors and they are just about the right size for E85! IDC is about 88% 7000 rpm with rough tune tonight.
Is my walbro gone or is this really the right size for E85?

Skiracer
03-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Good stuff! I need some bigger injectors, but i'm a broke mofo.

mafu23
04-23-2008, 11:07 PM
so i just read this whole thread but im a little buzzed so forgive me if i state some incorrect or irrelevant information. from the topic of the thread and what i read and knowing a little about ethanol and its combustion Id say you need larger injectors due to the fact that ethanol burns faster there for you will need to pump more of it into the cylinders (thats why you are getting less fuel mileage with E85), and due to the wear factor at low temps from the ethanol as skiracer stated, id say you need to invest in some block heaters so you can decrease your warm up time.

off topic - Im confused why people would want to use E85 in their fuel just to save money at the pump. ethanol burns faster than gas so you run out of fuel faster and need to fill up more often and after a few tanks you have spent about the same if not more then you would have if you just kept useing normal gas with no E85 mixture. The only reason to use it after knowing that would be to help emissions and the environment but honeslty, who cares about that? hahahahaha jk.

anyone find a shop that is working on a good tune for this setup? maybe i can get my mom to buy an evo and have an emission friendly, fast sporty car. :D

Skiracer
04-23-2008, 11:13 PM
RRE has been tuning with E85 for at least 6 months. I woudn't compare E85 to 91 octane, its more comparable to race gas since it has similar characteristics

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=53637.0

taenaive
04-24-2008, 12:05 PM
so i just read this whole thread but im a little buzzed so forgive me if i state some incorrect or irrelevant information. from the topic of the thread and what i read and knowing a little about ethanol and its combustion Id say you need larger injectors due to the fact that ethanol burns faster there for you will need to pump more of it into the cylinders (thats why you are getting less fuel mileage with E85), and due to the wear factor at low temps from the ethanol as skiracer stated, id say you need to invest in some block heaters so you can decrease your warm up time.

off topic - Im confused why people would want to use E85 in their fuel just to save money at the pump. ethanol burns faster than gas so you run out of fuel faster and need to fill up more often and after a few tanks you have spent about the same if not more then you would have if you just kept useing normal gas with no E85 mixture. The only reason to use it after knowing that would be to help emissions and the environment but honeslty, who cares about that? hahahahaha jk.

anyone find a shop that is working on a good tune for this setup? maybe i can get my mom to buy an evo and have an emission friendly, fast sporty car. :D

Fist of all E85 doesn't burn faster. burn rate is about the same as gas. The dffierence is stoich 9.7:1 vs 14.7:1 of gas. So you need to put more fuel for the same amount of oxygen given. Also, E85 has 105 octane rating just like race gas. However, there are many other properties that differenitate from the race gas. Well, you don't put this gas to save money. you put it in to make more power.
( example: my car made 330whp(23psi) with 91 gas only on very cold day, now E85 gives me consistent 370 whp with 27 psi. )

mafu23
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
fogive me with the burns faster statement, i was somewhat accurate in that it needs more of it which consumes more. and the saving money was off topic casue people do use E85 to save money at the pump. They have it "pre-mixed in pumps all over the nation just not too many out this way because there arent many ethanol plants out here in cali. i was just in nebraska for 3 months (home of corn and ethanol plants) and every gas station had an 89 octane pre-mix fuel with 10 percent ethanol (E85) and it was cheaper then the low grade 87 because of this. AND there are a shat load of people out there that convert there vehicles to use strictly ethanol not for performance but because it is alot cheaper to use ethanol compared to gas as fuel, since they have a gagillion ethanol plants out there more power to em. but the blend at the pump is what i was referring to. misunderstanding guess but other then that i totally agree.

taenaive
04-25-2008, 01:24 PM
California gas contains 10% of ethanol in them. E85 is 85% ethanol with 15 % gas. As matter of fact,l california gas is E10.

mafu23
04-25-2008, 04:25 PM
i was talking about Nebraska, im not aware of what cali has for ethanol, other then what ive seen from you guys

taenaive
04-25-2008, 06:11 PM
i was talking about Nebraska, im not aware of what cali has for ethanol, other then what ive seen from you guys

Are you saying you can mix ethanol with gas at the pump in Nebraska? So, you can make E10,E20,E30,...E100?

I thought you said it premixed only 10% of ethanol. That is E10 just like cali gas.

Anyway, you shouldn't mix more than 10%. If you do, you might have to deal with the detonation. You have to get injectors, fuel pump and get properly tunned. If you want to self tune with E85, I can help you out.

mafu23
04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
it is premixed and it is with 10% but on the pump it says that its E85 so im not sure how to explain it lol. i understand what you guys are saying about 10% ethanol is E10, so i dunno how to go about it, plus i dont want to state inaccurate info

tarmacMR9
04-29-2008, 08:50 PM
What do I need to run E85% on an evo9? larger injectors? 750cc?. Flash? I have an Apexi AVC controller. Where do i go from there?

taenaive
05-01-2008, 11:21 AM
What do I need to run E85% on an evo9? larger injectors? 750cc?. Flash? I have an Apexi AVC controller. Where do i go from there?

you need 1000cc injectors, walbro fuel pump and Flash tune to start.

leaveit2bevo
05-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Be careful about ethanol. I asked a local German Evo tuner about running ethanol and he suggested that since ethanol has no lubricating properties, the engine can be prone to oxidation, i.e. rust formation. Since he runs on ethanol on a daily driver 600-700 BHP evo 7, its not an issue. It would be an issue if the car sits idle for a long period of time.

If anything, the exhaust system will rust out faster . During combustion ethanol reacts with oxygen to produce carbon dioxide, water, and heat: (other air pollutants are also produced when ethanol is burned in the atmosphere rather than in pure oxygen)

However, if the e85 is contaminated with water, you're in for a lot of trouble:
"For ethanol contaminated with larger amounts of water (i.e., approximately 11% water, 89% ethanol, equivalent to 178 proof ethanol), considerable engine wear will occur, especially during times while the engine is heating up to normal operating temperatures. For example, just after starting the engine, low temperature partial combustion of the water-contaminated ethanol mixture takes place and causes engine wear. This wear, caused by water-contaminated E85, is the result of the combustion process of ethanol, water, and gasoline producing considerable amounts of formic acid (HCOOH, also known as methanoic acid and sometimes written as CH2O2). In addition to the production of formic acid occurring for water-contaminated E85, smaller amounts of acetaldehyde (CH3CHO) and acetic acid (C2H4O2) are also formed for water-contaminated ethanol combustion. Of these partial combustion products, formic acid is responsible for the majority of the rapid increase in engine wear.
"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E85_in_standard_engines

this only matters if it gets contaminated though correct? So normal startup shouldnt be a worry?

jdmcwestevo
05-16-2008, 11:35 AM
mixing e85 and gas is not the best idea for many reasons some already posted but also it runs leaner so you need to be tuned for that mix and it has to be exact everytime or u can run into a lean condition and kaboom

oldevodude
06-07-2008, 09:21 AM
mixing e85 and gas is not the best idea for many reasons some already posted but also it runs leaner so you need to be tuned for that mix and it has to be exact everytime or u can run into a lean condition and kaboom

Well in extreme circumstances the kaboom part might be true but all cars are not tuned exact from the factory and that is why they have fuel trims to compensate for fuel differences and wear and tear of fueling and emissions related components etc.. on EVERY car sold. It has been proven over and over that a safe A/F ratios can be run with a fuel system that can deliver right around 30% more fuel as this is the difference in required burn rate between 100% e85 and premium gas. Several guys on EVoM have run for years on the stuff and one guy has over 20000 miles on pure e85. Not tryin to bust your chops but wanted to get a different perspective out here

PS everyone thought I would burn or blow up my vehicle up running straight alcohol through my street car back in the day (the 80's lol)

Saint
06-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I really want e85 but its so far away from me. good thing in 2009 there will be an e85 station in pomona.

http://www.pearsonfuels.com/e85/stations/foo.htm

Skiracer
06-08-2008, 12:49 AM
I really want e85 but its so far away from me. good thing in 2009 there will be an e85 station in pomona.

Woot@!!!Â* Â* :smitten: :smitten:

EDIT: 2009? WTF? U FAIL!!!!

Saint
06-08-2008, 04:10 PM

Woot@!!! :smitten: :smitten:

Lol you fail for reading comprehension skills.

Terenus
06-08-2008, 05:53 PM

That's worse than driving to WLA.

Fail x2.

GokuSSJ4
06-09-2008, 02:55 AM
It seems that you need minimum 750cc. I think 1000cc is the safe bet for people like me who likes to rev high.

i'm glad i have 720cc.. just a bit of room for error, compare to yours... 26psi of boost is just crazy Simon... the things that have been accomplish now n days....

GokuSSJ4
06-09-2008, 02:57 AM

Fail x2.

not when u happen to be just a few miles away... but wait a minute, isnt simon moving away???
So Simon-
are you given up on your E85 madness??? or are you moving to a new place that has it available like WLA does??

Skiracer
06-09-2008, 09:55 AM

Woot@!!!Â* Â* :smitten: :smitten:

Fail x2.

not when u happen to be just a few miles away... but wait a minute, isnt simon moving away???
So Simon-
are you given up on your E85 madness??? or are you moving to a new place that has it available like WLA does??

E85 will be available where i'm moving in 2009 :'(

Skiracer
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object/744/24/n2232741504_35980.jpg

burtomr
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the info.

HMatt
06-27-2010, 10:46 AM
^somebody ban that guy!

phoreal
06-27-2010, 01:27 PM
dude he neco bumped a sit load of threads

EvoVIIIGSR
06-27-2010, 02:36 PM
damn....for real, phroeal. 2 yr deceased necro bump?

side note though, wouldn't an ethanol content analyzer in the tank take alot of the guesswork out of mixing the fuels and setting the proper A/F?

HMatt
06-27-2010, 04:07 PM
^ofcourse it would... but they didn't have those a couple years ago, now did they? lol. I know skiracer had one in his old car. I'm not sure if it crossed over when he got his new one though...

On a side note, ofcourse it's safe to mix the fuels. e85 has 15% gas in it already. That's basically there to keep it from gelling up on ya!

EvoVIIIGSR
06-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Most definitely. I was surprised to hear that comment/quote from the German tuner about e85 not having any lubrication qualities....I thought that's why there is 15% gasoline in e85!

jamesinger
06-27-2010, 11:17 PM
NECRO bump, not NECO bump. Necos are wafers. Necro is digging a thread up from the grave.

phoreal
06-27-2010, 11:27 PM
hahah it another post i didnt edit

EvoVIIIGSR
06-27-2010, 11:51 PM
NECRO bump, not NECO bump. Necos are wafers. Necro is digging a thread up from the grave.

lol, didn't notice that till u said something. thanks for the heads up :-P

hl.girl.cris
06-28-2010, 12:01 AM
damn....for real, phroeal. 2 yr deceased neco bump?

side note though, wouldn't an ethanol content analyzer in the tank take alot of the guesswork out of mixing the fuels and setting the proper A/F?

no the best tool anyone can have if any is a wideband in the car to monitor AFRs while driving. depending on how the tune is setup some tuners allow the fuel trims, determined by injector scaling, to compensate for changes in content while others prefer to allow the content to compensate for itself.

example.
allowing fuel trims to to affect WOT operation on e85 when the car is tuned for e85 at say a full 85% content. Â*One day you pump ~e75; Â*remember the injectors were scaled for full ~e85. Â*since higher enthanol content runs leaner and lower runs richer what will the car being doing? Â*IF the injectors were properly scaled then it will be pulling fuel since the car will be running somewhat rich due the content the injectors were scaled for while cruising. Â*If the fuel trims affect WOT opertion then the car should be running x% leaner at WOT thus compensating for the change in content and could in theory put the car back at w/e fuel ratio it was tuned for. Â*However the question is should the car be running the same AFR @ WOT now that there is 10% less ethanol content in the fuel?

the other example is setting the ECU to ignore fuel trims under WOT operation. using the same example the car won't compensate for the change in content and now IN THEORY the car should be running x% richer due to the lower content USING THE SAME SCENARIO under WOT operation.

which is safer... allowing fuel trims toeffect WOT or not? that all depends on the scaling of the injectors and the content for which they were scaled. Â*Rember that the exact opposite could be the case where the car was tuned for a lower ethanol content and then suddenly the car is running leaner. Â*there are ups and downs to both but from what i've seen disabling fuel trims and lean spool allow for more consistent/safer AFRs than allowing the ECU to compensate... to each his own but truely the best tool by far for e85 and quite frankly 91 octane as well is a wideband.

E85 is NOT something that should be used every day for the rest of a person life.Â* the ethanol content which is what makes it such a wonderful "race gas" is also that which can potentially lead to failuer down the road.Â* it does eat away at certain components prolonged periods of time.Â* it's safe to use daily but believe it or not going back to 91 can also be beneficial.Â* Â*Also take into account the added stress and wear of a higher HP car.Â* mechanically somethings may not put up well overtime and this can be said of any higher octane fuel.Â* just because we can go way faster doesn't mean we shouldÂ* all the time.Â* maintenance and knowledge are a big deal here.

or so i've heard.... O0 :2funny:

c_sautter
06-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Wow looking back at the first page I noticed I said E85 won't make more power than gas. What an idiot...

EvoVIIIGSR
07-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Very informative hl.girl.cris, nice write up! Cleared up alot for me

Johnson
04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
PROEFI standalone has a built in algorithm that adjust the maps itself to whatever the Ethanol level is from 0-100 i believe...

HMatt
04-12-2011, 03:49 PM
^I was going to bash you for necro-bumping this thread... BUT that's good info... Too bad just the ecu by itself is $2200... Add another $100-$200 for a harness and ANOTHER couple hundred for the flex-fuel sensor and it all adds up to the vast majority of us just dealing with flipping a switch!

RALLInspired
04-12-2011, 03:51 PM
^I was going to bash you for necro-bumping this thread... BUT that's good info... Too bad just the ecu by itself is $2200... Add another $100-$200 for a harness and ANOTHER couple hundred for the flex-fuel sensor and it all adds up to the vast majority of us just dealing with flipping a switch!

Or simply installing a wideband and gauge to monitor AFRs.

Alfred@TTech
04-12-2011, 05:08 PM
The features that the PRO EFI unit offers as a whole are pretty awesome. Failsafes for just about anything you can dream of.........true launch and traction control......fueling from the true Volumetric Efficiency of the engine.......true frequency based filtered and windowed Knock control......In regards to Ethanol, it will self adjust timing, boost pressure, and several fueling conditions to properly accommodate the varying Ethanol content. Pretty cool if you really need the flexibility and can afford it. For 95% of us the good ol stock ecu and map switching will be just fine :mitsu: