PDA

View Full Version : Art w/ the blue EVO8 around Miramar

synapse
02-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey Art, I needed to get your contact info. You brought your EVO8 by the facility the other day. The car sounds sweet actually and I want to get it on video.

16g blue_evo
02-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Okay ill pm you with my number?...

16g blue_evo
02-20-2008, 02:07 AM
For any body that reads this...out of all the BOV i ever hadÂ* SYNCHRONIC will be your best investment.."trust me" its worth it..if any one's want see it or hear it in person let me know?.is a smooth BOV...goes perfect for your evo? O0

TeKiZeRo
02-20-2008, 02:19 AM
Besides just the noise, what are the other advantages?

bboy_RES
02-20-2008, 03:40 AM
well he said it's smooth so i'm guessing no boost tapering...

05EVOMR
02-20-2008, 08:55 AM

yeah no boost tapering!!

bboy_RES
02-20-2008, 11:37 AM
whoops i think i meant fluttering haha. or maybe even both.

synapse
02-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Art's car sounds pretty sweet in particular, engine song and BOV sound together sound good on his car.

It is recirculated too.

Dirty Harry
02-20-2008, 11:59 AM
5 star thread, would read again.

Reese Tuning
02-20-2008, 12:56 PM
So what you are saying is that the mcb is irrelavant? I highly doubt that.

James

yeah no boost tapering!!

bboy_RES
02-20-2008, 01:24 PM
i meant boost FLUTTERING and i think you meant MBC. haha.

16g blue_evo
02-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Well the bov has a crisp sweet sound...will probly down load some vid soon?..one's is recorded..but thereÂ* one out already?..is on you tube is on a 05 mr evo..actully he is a former awjunkie person his one of the OG's there and also a cool person..(he is also post in this tread )...hey thank marlon......

synapse
02-21-2008, 03:02 PM
So long as the BOV isn't leaking, boost taper all comes down to the wastegate actuator. Weird anomalies might be a leaky IAC valve, or leaky EGR as well.

Art- why don't you put your flame retardant suit on and tell them what you told me about your MPG.

16g blue_evo
02-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Well for many that will or will not believe me?...bov have gave me a better gas milege?..yes weird but i cant explain it? and my car is tune?(by reese)..i filled up my gas tank on monday and i drive every day to miramar to chula vista..and still have enoght gas till sunday? :-o.....

Reese Tuning
02-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Art,

The tuning to gas mileage is somewhat irrelavant. It is because you have been commuting and driving the car more humane than you usually do.

James

Robdog
02-22-2008, 07:30 PM
5 star thread, would read again.

A must read :gheyfight:

synapse
02-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Here's some data we pulled from a twin turbo Z06.Â* We did before and afters against the Bosch DVs.Â* We were making less horsepower to sustain the same RPM and wheelspeed.Â* Or, in other words.Â* It took less HP to maintain the same RPM and wheelspeed.Â* For every HP, goes a certain amount of BMEP (cylinder pressure).Â* And for every HP, has to be a certain amount of fuel.Â* With less HP to sustain that RPM, it means that you have lower BSFC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption).Â* This is why we think that we're getting better fuel economy.Â*

You can't pull this data doing sweeps, you have to use a load-based dyno with real-time power reading and compensation for baro & humidity at every data point.Â* Â*You can do this test on an engine dyno as well, or a Dyno Dynamics or Mustang (I think).Â* I'll post the test protocol if anyone wants to replicate it on another Dynapack.Â* Reese, come by, I'll show you how this works.

This is the baseline chart at cruising speeds and RPM:
http://www.synapseengineering.com/archive/marketing/forums/Z06/basecruising.JPG

Here is the chart with Synchronic BOV at cruising speeds and RPM:
http://www.synapseengineering.com/archive/marketing/forums/Z06/syncruising.JPG

As you can see, at cruising speeds on the freeway, Synchronic is producing about 4 HP less at the same RPM.Â* Another way to look at it would be that it is taking less HP to sustain the same RPM with the Synchronic BOV than it is with the Bosch BOV.

05EVOMR
02-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Art,

The tuning to gas mileage is somewhat irrelavant. It is because you have been commuting and driving the car more humane than you usually do.

James

I havent changed my driving style fool!!!

Yet I can still vouche for the mileage gain... I drive from temecula to well used to be point loma... it would take a 1/4 tank for one trip... with the BOV I could get to pt loma and back on a little over a 1/4 tank. When it would take me a half tank round trip.Â* you do the math guy oh and for the math illiterate thats about 140miles on a little over a quarter tank.. in other words in one 1/4 tank I can get exactly 90 miles(thats topped off full) and art No prob man glad you got everything worked out too told you it was installed wrong!!

boostdtalon
02-24-2008, 03:38 PM
I can vouch too, i'm running there BOV on my Talon and my Evo. not only did i notice a change in performance on both cars. but it improved my gas mileage as well. if you don't believe us, try it out for yourself!

Reese Tuning
02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
I will be doing it then. Please tell me while in vaccum how a BOV equates to better gas mileage. I am curious to learn something new.

James

synapse
02-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Synchronic BOV operates differently from other BOVs in that it stays wide open under vacuum. If the BOV is placed after the intercooler close to the throttle body, you effectively bypass the load that is placed on the engine with all of the surface area of the intercooler and pumping losses of sucking through the restriction of the compressor. If you look at the dyno chart, we're effectively making less HP at the cruising RPM. This is with all other variables being the same, throttle position, intake manifold pressure, etc. Less HP means less fuel to go with each HP.

And if you're questioning the ability of something so small as a BOV being able to bypass enough airflow that an engine makes. You can see that a V8 z06 only makes 30-34 hp cruising the freeway. If you calculate the amount of airflow required to make 30-34 HP, it isn't very much.