PDA

View Full Version : How to install Se front lip

cesar326
02-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Sow i have a 06 GSR and got the SE front lip and it also comes with three other peaces that said that were brackets that i needed but want to know how to change it and how everything goes if any one can help pic would help

Terenus
02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
There are 2 braces that needs to be riveted onto the lip before you install it onto your car. I'll try to find a pic for you.

chuckdashi
02-26-2008, 08:36 PM
rivett the 2 black plastic pieces to the lip, take off the screws that hold the front of the undertray,take bumper off, unscrew stock lip, screw in new lip, install bumper, install undertray and drive away....

TH3 STIG
10-07-2008, 03:58 PM
^^^Does anybody have part numbers for OEM replacement screws/bolts that mount the SE lip to the IX front bumper? I damaged my stock IX SE lip, and stripped some mounting screws, and need replacements before replacing my lip.

Jason

endlessCT9Amr
10-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah, some photos would definitely help. I'm picking up an SE lip soon as well.

TH3 STIG
10-17-2008, 05:47 PM
^^^Anybody? I need to know which replacement screws/bolts I need to mount a new lip. I have an SE, and I damaged half of the front lip...so I need to bolt on a new one.

J

r0me0ne
10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
when i got my se lip it just bolted right up...i guess mine came with it already

JOOTZ
10-17-2008, 06:07 PM
^^^Anybody? I need to know which replacement screws/bolts I need to mount a new lip. I have an SE, and I damaged half of the front lip...so I need to bolt on a new one.

J

^^^
if you lost the bolts off your other lip then go to the dealership and tell them what you need, if you still got them they could all be re-used. we installed a varis lip on mine and re-used all the OEM bolts
instructions are pretty straightforward:

VVV

rivett the 2 black plastic pieces to the lip, take off the screws that hold the front of the undertray,take bumper off, unscrew stock lip, screw in new lip, install bumper, install undertray and drive away....