PDA

View Full Version : G.W. on $4 gas

evobevo
02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
"That's interesting. I hadn't heard that. ... I know it's high now," Bush said during reporters' questioning.

Amazing how the most powerful man on this planet is also the dumbest.

Terenus
02-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Haha, I saw this on the news earlier. What a disgrace to America.

danEvoIX562
02-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Bush is a MOTHERFUCKER

1WkdEvo
02-28-2008, 09:58 PM
When you don't buy stuff how are you supposed to know how much it costs...oh wait, its called being the President and knowing what is important to your constituents...you know, the whole fkn population of the USA you fkn tool!!! Bush FTMFL

leaveit2bevo
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
bush isnt paying for gas he doesnt give a fuck

koolguy21
03-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Last night I had to pump and the price for 91 was 3.74 wtf.

white9
03-09-2008, 09:02 AM
3.80 in murrieta!!!!!!!!! 4.20 for desiel !!!

Alucard
03-09-2008, 02:37 PM
lol @ bush

Terenus
03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
NEW YORK (AP) — Gasoline and oil prices keep setting new records. The price of regular gas at the pump is now at a national average of nearly $3.25 a gallon. And on the futures markets, oil prices have reached a record over $110, rising in response to the dollar's continuing slide.

Pump prices are following crude's recent surge, and could rise as high as $3.75 a gallon this spring, analysts say. Meanwhile light, sweet crude for April delivery has reached a new trading record of $110.20. Traders shrugged off a government report showing another increase in crude oil inventories, a report that in the past would have sent prices falling.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i5TtajgUpSm7KY5jf-lCJGHBB-tAD8VC28906

I'm sure Arbusto Energy is making plenty profits for Bush.

vial8or
03-12-2008, 12:45 PM
:( :( :( :( :(

SoCalRedLine
03-12-2008, 12:55 PM
if i only would have bought stock in oil 8 years ago... *smacks head on desk*

Terry S
03-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Oil and gold, 8 years ago = Rich people today.

Terry S

SoCalRedLine
03-12-2008, 01:34 PM
^seriously. that is the only reason prices arent going down. Every stock holder in Oil is pushing for higher and higher prices to help pad their already well padded pockets. Its not going down anytime soon...well...at least till we run out completely.

anyone remember all the speculation about shortages in the 70's? and how people didnt believe it could happen...till it did and we all got FKd...

...its gonna happen again

Citation:
Mega Disasters: Oil, History channel Monday @ 9pm :D

IMO, its a great economy if we export nothing, and import 80% of everything ...lol

x[corwyn]
03-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Get ready to grab your ankles peeps, cause it looks bad. I read somewhere that the Admiral in charge of the middle east, that said that there would not be an invasion of Iran on his watch, just resigned. This administration has a hard on for Iran, and as seen with Iraq, Congress and the Senate are sheep that allow them to do whatever the hell they want. That and the general population is apathetic.

So guess what happens to oil when we attack Iran. Can we say $200+ per barrel of oil? I guess our president and his staff need more money to line the palaces they are building in Dubai.

We the people have been sold out. This administration has done far more wrong than any President in history. Nixon was far better and did way less to earn an impeachment and had the grace to resign.

I was reading an article about how Bush Jr. was going to lower our debt back in 2001, and how debt was going to be a thing of the past. It must have been opposite day when he said that.

Also I have been reading more and more about 9/11. Its not just the usual conspiracy nutjobs. There are legitimate people, people from different branches of the service, from different branches of the government, that are now questioning things a lot more and calling shenanigans on the official report. I scoffed about the conspiracy theorists back in the day, but the more that I read, the more that people that are legitimately able to question and are asking some interesting things, and the more I see that this administration has an agenda that isnt for the american people, the more I realize that they could very well have done this. Thats scary.

I'm really surprised that people aren't more angry, and aren't starting to demand more answers, along with pushing our elected officials to do their jobs.

Terenus
03-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Yea, I saw that on the news yesterday Chad, and they're replacing William Fallon with a more "White House" friendly commander. Say hello to Iran 2008!

x[corwyn]
03-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Yea, I saw that on the news yesterday Chad, and they're replacing William Fallon with a more "White House" friendly commander. Say hello to Iran 2008!

If this happens we will have been shown what the administration's true agenda is. Most Americans want us to finish with the war in Iraq thats costing ~ $3500 per second. Thats not counting Afghanistan. We are already stretched thin, with low morale with our troops that have been sent on multiple tours of duty. I bet the next step will be a draft after we start attacking Iraq.

SoCalRedLine
03-12-2008, 02:57 PM
^lol... draft? the war will be over so fast if there is a draft enacted... Im moving to Canada if that happens. Fk this place.

x[corwyn]
03-12-2008, 03:38 PM
^lol... draft? the war will be over so fast if there is a draft enacted... Im moving to Canada if that happens. Fk this place.

Yea cause an unpopular war with a draft would never happen in America *AHEM* Vietnam *AHEM*

Also US has provisions with Canada now to turn over draft dodgers. They thought of that this time around.

My girlfriend keeps saying we should move to her country, but then I say something about living in a totalitarian government then realize.... Ah, Damn.

SoCalRedLine
03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
^lol. its hard to catch illegal aliens here, what would be so different there?...lol.

and on your vietnam thing, you think the people here would let that happen twice...

...oh wait...n/m... :(

CASH$ MONEY
03-12-2008, 04:02 PM
in the summer its gonna get up to 4.50.... for 91.... we better get ready for it lol

SoCalRedLine
03-12-2008, 04:30 PM
...damn guess its time to get 3 jobs...

j_nizzle
03-12-2008, 04:44 PM

i can own a skyline in canada...but i cant own an evo...wtf?!

SoCalRedLine
03-12-2008, 04:47 PM
^yes, they dont allow 'cheater cars' in canada. The other cars need a sporting chance :D

Turbosmurf02
03-12-2008, 04:49 PM
...damn guess its time to get 3 jobs...

haha o man... and keep going to school :-o

SoCalRedLine
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
^lol... yea, i think the corner of Harbor and sunflower is hiring. :D

vial8or
03-12-2008, 04:56 PM
*sigh*

guess i gotta learn how to syphon

CASH$ MONEY
03-12-2008, 08:04 PM
boys i think i need to start working at taco bell or maybe wendys :2funny:

evobevo
03-12-2008, 08:49 PM
i just read some history on crude oil prices since 2000....back then it was $22 a barrel. gas was going for $1.19 a gal if i remember. since bush and his oil cronies took over, all hell broke loose.

x[corwyn]
03-12-2008, 09:59 PM
i just read some history on crude oil prices since 2000....back then it was $22 a barrel. gas was going for $1.19 a gal if i remember. since bush and his oil cronies took over, all hell broke loose.

Yea I did a break down this month on my finances. I spent more on gas in one month that I had in half a year a few years back. BTW this is only commuting on my motorcycle...I barely drive my car these days. I just about crapped myself 2 days ago when I realized it cost more to fill up my motorcycle than it did to fill up my car a few years back.

CASH$ MONEY
03-12-2008, 11:59 PM
]

Yea I did a break down this month on my finances. I spent more on gas in one month that I had in half a year a few years back. BTW this is only commuting on my motorcycle...I barely drive my car these days. I just about crapped myself 2 days ago when I realized it cost more to fill up my motorcycle than it did to fill up my car a few years back.

lol... can we all take a minute and praise Bush!!!!!! Brother of hitler BROTHA

Terry S
03-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Gas was not 1.19 a gallon back in 2000. This I can guarantee.

I paid mid to high $2.00 easily.

Terry S

x[corwyn]
03-13-2008, 10:24 AM

Terry S
The price fluctuated a bit, but I can tell you for absolute certain I was paying $1.19 for super in 1998 . I was in class back then and on a extreme budget so I remember quite well. I remember in 1988 it wasnt all that less than that though there was an increase at the start of the kuwaiti invasion by Iraq. Then George HW Bush did what he could to make sure that are prices were put back down. Too bad his son is an incompetent.... $3.69 for super FTL.

Terenus
03-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Shit...I remember back then $20 can almost get you a full tank.

SoCalRedLine
03-13-2008, 11:53 AM
^i remember when $14 was a full tank.

hell... i still remember back in the 80's/early 90's when gas was .94/gal

Terry S
03-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I remember spending $2.50 a gallon for my '98 eclipse on my way into work & school.

Terry S

vial8or
03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
lol i remember hearing my mom say "damn i hope these prices don't go past $2"

thats back when i lived in la habra

now i'm like fuck i hope they don't hit 4

:(

x[corwyn]
03-13-2008, 03:31 PM
lol i remember hearing my mom say "damn i hope these prices don't go past $2"

thats back when i lived in la habra

now i'm like fuck i hope they don't hit 4

:(

+1

yobless
03-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Going to school I saw the 3.99 marker for super unleaded...BTW this is in Carson, off of Avalon.

Time to buy a beater!!!

vial8or
03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
haha +1 for beater

god damn now all those prius and camry and bitch cars i made fun of are looking realll appealing right now hahaha

SoCalRedLine
03-13-2008, 03:50 PM
time to buy a bike... 10 spd to be exact... :D

x[corwyn]
03-13-2008, 05:43 PM

Terry S

This goes back only 6 years. http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

I'll see if I can find one that goes back 10 years

In 2002 it was nowhere near $2 per gallon

*edit* guess what I found. 1998 prices were as I said.... 99 and 2000 they went up a bit but not $2.00 a gallon 2002 they were nice and low, and then after we invade Iraq guess what happened to our prices?

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_history.html

Terenus
03-13-2008, 05:44 PM
I remembered in 1999, it was about $1.50 for 91.

yooyooyoo
03-15-2008, 02:06 AM
So how many people in this thread voted for bush in either of the last two elections. Anyone?

CASH$ MONEY
03-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Money.... is.... the ... most.... important.... thing.... in.... life... ;)

white9
03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Money is the rude of all evil...

x[corwyn]
03-19-2008, 08:57 PM
So how many people in this thread voted for bush in either of the last two elections. Anyone?

No. Not at all. I remember people saying at the company I was at that George Bush would screw this country up like he did the companies he ran back in 2000. I didnt think he was going to be president at all.

Boy they werent kidding.

evo87
03-19-2008, 09:07 PM
]

No. Not at all. I remember people saying at the company I was at that George Bush would screw this country up like he did the companies he ran back in 2000. I didnt think he was going to be president at all.

Boy they werent kidding.

I didn't vote for him, but people with big pockets supported him and his idea's.
An idiot to mold

Terry S
03-20-2008, 08:54 AM
lolz.

Terry S

Blaze
04-30-2008, 08:41 PM
http://www.fivefourteen.net/motivational-posters/age%20appropriate.jpg

Terenus
06-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Last Thursday oil prices increased $5.50 per barrel in one day. Last Friday marked the biggest single-day surge in oil price history, rocketing $11 more to $138 on the New York Mercantile Exchange. In just two days, oil costs increased 13 percent.

Average Americans are literally driving to the poor house on financial fumes. With gas at more than $4 per gallon, roughly two cars in every household, and the average annual gas usage at 700 gallons, you do the math. Americans are being forced to use their hard-earned money that once put food in their stomachs to now put petroleum into their tanks, but to drive the exact same distances they drove a decade ago for four-to-five times the price.

As oil and gas prices skyrocket, Congress continues to play the blame game. In April 2006, with the Democrats poised to take over Congress with Nancy Pelosi at the helm, she released a statement saying, "With skyrocketing gas prices, it is clear that the American people can no longer afford the Republican Rubber Stamp Congress." She followed that with the commitment, "Democrats have a common sense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging." So has the Democrat's commonsense plan worked? Average gas prices were about $2.50 a gallon at the time. Now they're $4 a gallon and rising. Some crack-down plan.

Meanwhile, in the Senate, they are going to discuss this week a cap-and-trade system, something that Obama and MCain both support. The main problem is official estimates say that it will increase gas by another $1.50 a gallon. Or as Newt Gringrich said in an interview recently with Glenn Beck, "It should be called 'Raise prices and destroy jobs' because that's what it will do. It's going to raise the price of gasoline; it's going to raise the price of diesel fuel for truckers. It's going to raise the price of aviation fuel for an already ailing airline industry. It's going to raise the price of heating oil. It's going to raise the price of natural gas, and it's going to raise the price of coal."

From the steady decline in the value of our dollar, to trade deficits and oil dependency, our sovereignty is being sold out from underneath us. Might I remind the federal government what one of their original and primary charges is: to protect the American public from the tyranny of foreign powers – which is exactly what is happening through others' financial rule over us. It is sucking the life out of our economy. And Congress is virtually standing by and watching it happen.

(Column continues below)

Look at the energy chaos that our government has allowed. While we remain at the mercy of oil companies, cartels and OPEC, our government has tied the hands of states and citizens to tap even temporary energy relief from our own land. Here are a few key vistas on the oil and energy landscape at the moment:

* Though we have more oil in the shale of Colorado, Utah and Wyoming than combined in the Middle East (800 billion barrels), liberals and environmentalists have made it illegal to touch it.
* It's illegal to drill in northern Alaska (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge), or off the coasts of Florida or California.
* Oil fields in Colorado are being shut down.
* We won't develop shale oil fields in the Western states
* It's illegal to explore in the Atlantic.
* It's illegal to explore in the Pacific
* It's illegal to explore in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico
* We're not receiving any more leases to drill in the Gulf of Mexico, while China, Venezuela and Cuba are.
* We haven't built an oil refinery in 25 years and reduced in half those we have
* There's enough natural gas beneath America (406 trillion cube feet) to heat every home in America for the next 150 years, but we can't tap it all.
* We have the largest supply of coal in the world, but it's Germany who is planning to build 27 coal-fired electrical plants by 2020.
* American airlines are in danger of going out of business.
* American truckers are being stranded on the sides of the road.
* American commuters are going bankrupt trying to travel back and forth to work, and are being forced to work locally for lower wages.

If there isn't a conspiracy going on here, someone needs to make a movie about one!

Bill Clinton once said, "We just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse emissions because we've got to save the planet for our grandchildren." That is the type of mentality that got us in this trouble. I'm all for doing our best to preserve our planet, but not at the price of losing our nation in the process. Bill's words just might come true, but not as he or Al Gore might expect. We might save the planet for our grandchildren, and lose America at the same time, unless we turn around this energy crisis now.

Instead of whining and blaming, Congress needs to take some practical steps now to stop the insanity at the pumps, reduce our dependence on foreign oil, open up some temporary energy production avenues for economic relief (like shale development) and focus more of their taxpayer work time into establishing further alternative ways of producing energy for everything (from coal, electrical, natural gas, hydrogen, solar, nuclear, wind, etc.) Being the wealthiest nation on Earth, there is simply no reason or justification for us to be dependent on fuels that we can't produce in our country.

If you're sick and tired of giving away $2 of every gallon of gas to foreign dictators, making other oil-producing countries, cartels and tycoons rich beyond their imagination, and watching the federal government flail for energy solutions and bow to international powers –all of whom are sucking the very life out of the American people, economy and threatening national security – I implore you to sign and pass along the petition, "Drill here, drill now, pay less" at Newt Gingrich's American Solutions website. We're hoping to send millions of signatures to Congress demanding an immediate emergency session and resolution to our economic and national security crisis revolving around soaring oil and gas prices.

Our message: It's time to drill here and drill now! The petition is simple. It states: "We therefore the undersigned citizens of the United States petition the U.S. Congress to act immediately to lower gas prices by authorizing exploration of proven energy reserves and reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries."

Speaking of unstable countries, did I mention that the Iraq oil minister just reported that oil production is at pre-war levels (2.5 million barrels a day), yielding earnings for Iraq of $28.5 billion in just the first five months of this year? What that means is, we'll likely soon be dependent and in debt to yet another Middle Eastern oil-producing country that we've helped stabilize and become wealthy while ours is going straight down the tubes.

Congratulations Congress – you're completely failing us.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=66557&6=7

Only if Chuck Norris can bring it back to $2. haha

x[corwyn]
06-10-2008, 11:23 AM
If they can drill without destroying the area, thats fine.

If you know about oil supply and about peak oil you would know that this was foreseen back in the 80s and early 90s as something that was inevitable. Saudi Arabi, Iran, and other Middle Eastern countries are unable to make demand. So its estimated that there is 6 trillion gallons of oil available. About 4 trillion are accessible. 3 Trillion are already used.

I noticed that speculation that Peak Oil has already occured for the Middle East quickly dissapeared. Not in a nope thats BS type of way, but a "Hey shutup or people will panic" type of deal.

Whats my point?

Oil is the past. Supporting Big Oil and allowing them huge profits that bankroll our wonderful GOP and make sure the Bush clan has enough money to sleep well in Dubai, is pretty much a given at this point... Since our Glorious Leader has sold us out, and obviously Big Oil is a much larger leech on society than Cigarette manufacturers could ever hope to be, we as a people need to start pushing for One good alternative way to run our vehicles.

I personally believe Hybrids are wanker mobiles. Feel good BS vehicles that are neither a good gas vehicle nor a good electric vehicle. Heavy and slow and ugly. Budget, and wishy washy technology. No this will not work. Hydrogen, possibly.

What I want to see is more electrical vehicles with a good grid setup for their use. Electrical engines are incredible and the tech is there. You want a good NIMBY fight? Nuclear power plants. Thats the only other tech that gives out a more than 1 for 1 energy use than oil. There are plenty of areas now setting up solar panels and wind power. Good. I think every building should have solar panels. Also I think that every roadway should be refit with the ability for cars to run directly off of them. Ever see slot cars? The technology is there. You can meter cars on their power usage, and not even need batteries.

All the technology is there already. Everything I have mentioned her could be made to happen within the next 5 to 10 years rendering Oil moot. Now get some action on getting more Nuclear power plants built. Of course republicans will hate that since they have to be built close to their homes....

Terry S
06-10-2008, 09:27 PM
All your peak oil crap is worthless, same with your nuclear stuff.

Nuclear is an extremely good option but all your hippy, gay friends who believe in your Ron Paul shit are blocking nuclear plants from being built/retrofitted.

Terry S

x[corwyn]
06-10-2008, 10:45 PM

Nuclear is an extremely good option but all your hippy, gay friends who believe in your Ron Paul shit are blocking nuclear plants from being built/retrofitted.

Terry S

Peak oil is a myth? So do we have a magic resource that constantly creates and renews oil? If you would like an example of how finite Oil is you have no further than here to go to. Huntington Beach used to be an Oil town. The oil was all pumped out and its gone... There are some resources offshore from here but nothing like what was here.

Middle east is running out of oil. They wont admit it, but they cannot increase production any further. Its not from a lack of trying either.

If you dont wish to call it "Peak Oil" then choose any name you wish. There is only so much easily accessible oil.

MY hippy gay friends? Most of my views tend towards the conservative. I think however the republican party is run by a bunch of idiots who cant do the right job at all. Democrats are not better. One group panders to the rich who will screw everyone else and the other group panders to any self centered minority group that bothers to vote. They are all useless wankers.

Thero
06-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Couldn't Agree More. If I remember right we Elect "the people for the people" Not so they can sit around and do nothing. Its time for the people to take action on this problem that is hurting us more and more everyday

Last Thursday oil prices increased $5.50 per barrel in one day. Last Friday marked the biggest single-day surge in oil price history, rocketing $11 more to $138 on the New York Mercantile Exchange. In just two days, oil costs increased 13 percent.

Average Americans are literally driving to the poor house on financial fumes. With gas at more than $4 per gallon, roughly two cars in every household, and the average annual gas usage at 700 gallons, you do the math. Americans are being forced to use their hard-earned money that once put food in their stomachs to now put petroleum into their tanks, but to drive the exact same distances they drove a decade ago for four-to-five times the price.

As oil and gas prices skyrocket, Congress continues to play the blame game. In April 2006, with the Democrats poised to take over Congress with Nancy Pelosi at the helm, she released a statement saying, "With skyrocketing gas prices, it is clear that the American people can no longer afford the Republican Rubber Stamp Congress." She followed that with the commitment, "Democrats have a common sense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging." So has the Democrat's commonsense plan worked? Average gas prices were about $2.50 a gallon at the time. Now they're $4 a gallon and rising. Some crack-down plan.

Meanwhile, in the Senate, they are going to discuss this week a cap-and-trade system, something that Obama and MCain both support. The main problem is official estimates say that it will increase gas by another $1.50 a gallon. Or as Newt Gringrich said in an interview recently with Glenn Beck, "It should be called 'Raise prices and destroy jobs' because that's what it will do. It's going to raise the price of gasoline; it's going to raise the price of diesel fuel for truckers. It's going to raise the price of aviation fuel for an already ailing airline industry. It's going to raise the price of heating oil. It's going to raise the price of natural gas, and it's going to raise the price of coal."

From the steady decline in the value of our dollar, to trade deficits and oil dependency, our sovereignty is being sold out from underneath us. Might I remind the federal government what one of their original and primary charges is: to protect the American public from the tyranny of foreign powers – which is exactly what is happening through others' financial rule over us. It is sucking the life out of our economy. And Congress is virtually standing by and watching it happen.

(Column continues below)

Look at the energy chaos that our government has allowed. While we remain at the mercy of oil companies, cartels and OPEC, our government has tied the hands of states and citizens to tap even temporary energy relief from our own land. Here are a few key vistas on the oil and energy landscape at the moment:

Â* Â* * Though we have more oil in the shale of Colorado, Utah and Wyoming than combined in the Middle East (800 billion barrels), liberals and environmentalists have made it illegal to touch it.
Â* Â* * It's illegal to drill in northern Alaska (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge), or off the coasts of Florida or California.
Â* Â* * Oil fields in Colorado are being shut down.
Â* Â* * We won't develop shale oil fields in the Western states
Â* Â* * It's illegal to explore in the Atlantic.
Â* Â* * It's illegal to explore in the Pacific
Â* Â* * It's illegal to explore in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico
Â* Â* * We're not receiving any more leases to drill in the Gulf of Mexico, while China, Venezuela and Cuba are.
Â* Â* * We haven't built an oil refinery in 25 years and reduced in half those we have
Â* Â* * There's enough natural gas beneath America (406 trillion cube feet) to heat every home in America for the next 150 years, but we can't tap it all.
Â* Â* * We have the largest supply of coal in the world, but it's Germany who is planning to build 27 coal-fired electrical plants by 2020.
Â* Â* * American airlines are in danger of going out of business.
Â* Â* * American truckers are being stranded on the sides of the road.
Â* Â* * American commuters are going bankrupt trying to travel back and forth to work, and are being forced to work locally for lower wages.

If there isn't a conspiracy going on here, someone needs to make a movie about one!

Bill Clinton once said, "We just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse emissions because we've got to save the planet for our grandchildren." That is the type of mentality that got us in this trouble. I'm all for doing our best to preserve our planet, but not at the price of losing our nation in the process. Bill's words just might come true, but not as he or Al Gore might expect. We might save the planet for our grandchildren, and lose America at the same time, unless we turn around this energy crisis now.

Instead of whining and blaming, Congress needs to take some practical steps now to stop the insanity at the pumps, reduce our dependence on foreign oil, open up some temporary energy production avenues for economic relief (like shale development) and focus more of their taxpayer work time into establishing further alternative ways of producing energy for everything (from coal, electrical, natural gas, hydrogen, solar, nuclear, wind, etc.) Being the wealthiest nation on Earth, there is simply no reason or justification for us to be dependent on fuels that we can't produce in our country.

If you're sick and tired of giving away $2 of every gallon of gas to foreign dictators, making other oil-producing countries, cartels and tycoons rich beyond their imagination, and watching the federal government flail for energy solutions and bow to international powers –all of whom are sucking the very life out of the American people, economy and threatening national security – I implore you to sign and pass along the petition, "Drill here, drill now, pay less" at Newt Gingrich's American Solutions website. We're hoping to send millions of signatures to Congress demanding an immediate emergency session and resolution to our economic and national security crisis revolving around soaring oil and gas prices.

Our message: It's time to drill here and drill now! The petition is simple. It states: "We therefore the undersigned citizens of the United States petition the U.S. Congress to act immediately to lower gas prices by authorizing exploration of proven energy reserves and reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries."

Speaking of unstable countries, did I mention that the Iraq oil minister just reported that oil production is at pre-war levels (2.5 million barrels a day), yielding earnings for Iraq of $28.5 billion in just the first five months of this year? What that means is, we'll likely soon be dependent and in debt to yet another Middle Eastern oil-producing country that we've helped stabilize and become wealthy while ours is going straight down the tubes.

Congratulations Congress – you're completely failing us.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=66557&6=7

Only if Chuck Norris can bring it back to $2. haha

x[corwyn]
06-11-2008, 11:49 AM
republicans blocked extra taxes on gas companies. Country is in a severe deficit, economic outlook is grim, and the industry that is making this happen cant even be taxed to help the country that gives it those record profits.

For crissakes people....start voting this next election. If this is your bag then vote. I dont agree with Terry, but I at least respect him for having an opinion and acting on it. All the people being apathetic and not voting then complaining when we get shit leaders needs to learn to exercise their hard earned right to vote.

And if there IS voter fraud quit sitting on your fat f'n asses, driving your SUVs to work, and complain about gas prices. Say SOMETHING. Act on the idea that our home is being taken away by those that not only dont care about the American people, but are stealing the very ideals that made America great. I may dislike Bush, but I dislike our people more for just sitting in their asses and letting all this happen without one ounce of outrage.

ChrisF
06-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Wow, very well put.Â* Thank you.

While I often worry that my vote doesn't count because a certain faction of our political system can and will manipulate votes, I can't complain if I'm not willing to do something about it.Â* There's a saying I like:Â* how can I change the world when I can't even change myself.Â* People have to be willing to act and change their own behavior.Â* If you're unhappy with the state of things, whatever your political leanings, get up off your ass and do something and do it now!Â* I vote and I will volunteer as a poll worker in the next election and go forward from there.

Terry S
06-11-2008, 09:13 PM
]

Terry S

Peak oil is a myth? So do we have a magic resource that constantly creates and renews oil? If you would like an example of how finite Oil is you have no further than here to go to. Huntington Beach used to be an Oil town. The oil was all pumped out and its gone... There are some resources offshore from here but nothing like what was here.

Middle east is running out of oil. They wont admit it, but they cannot increase production any further. Its not from a lack of trying either.

If you dont wish to call it "Peak Oil" then choose any name you wish. There is only so much easily accessible oil.

MY hippy gay friends? Most of my views tend towards the conservative. I think however the republican party is run by a bunch of idiots who cant do the right job at all. Democrats are not better. One group panders to the rich who will screw everyone else and the other group panders to any self centered minority group that bothers to vote. They are all useless wankers.

Sorry x, I thought I was yelling at redline. Your wording was in his style. lolz.

Still a gay theory.

Terry

ChrisF
06-11-2008, 10:10 PM
Yes, the theory of a world renowned geoscientist is often considered "gay".Â* Right. :uglystupid2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._King_Hubbert

Not that I often like to quote Wikipedia, but I think it's a decent distillation of his credits and background.

CASH$ MONEY
06-12-2008, 01:45 AM
fuuunyy..

This thread is 2 months old And gas was 3.74 For 91

Now: its almost 5$.......

Dear America...

SoCalRedLine
06-12-2008, 02:10 AM
]

Terry S

Sorry x, I thought I was yelling at redline. Your wording was in his style. lolz.

Still a gay theory.

Terry

lol... terry's gaydar is spot on... hes got personal experience beyond that of Richard Simmons and Freddy Mercury's love-baby :D

Bottom Line:
Politicians like money, they are all pretty much similar...no matter what party. They like to make money, and bow to special interests that give them money (read: any form of making themselves more money...PAC finds, giving war contracts to pocket companies, rigging oil stocks, etc...:D)

People like money. Oil stock holders like gas crisis...more dividend$ for them, and poor people dislike gas crisis...more money out of their pockets.

capitalism friggen rules O0

*lights doobie* http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smokin.gif http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/images/smilies/hippy.gif

x[corwyn]
06-12-2008, 11:06 AM
]

Terry S

Still a gay theory.

Terry

Sorry. Peak oil is no myth... I was actually at dinner last night with my buddy who is a geologist, PhD in geology from Caltech. Pretty much he stated that everyone likes to hide their head in the sand about Oil, but the reality is we have removed about half the oil from the earth in about 100 years, the next half will be out far faster, and far more expensive. The worst thing is that our government either ignores the issue or profits from it personally.

Not too much people are going to say that I will believe more than this guy. One of the smartest guys I know of and if it has to do with geology he is the man...

Terry S
06-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Once again, it doesn't matter. Peak Oil shit or not, its all pointless drivel.

Terry S

drmosh
06-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Actually just to chime in, Peak oil is not necessarily a myth, but it is getting harder to get to the remaining large reserves left on the planet. They are in harsh conditions such as the glaciers of Canada and the ice barrier of Siberia. There's estimated twice the amount of oil in those areas than the entire middle east, the problem is extracting the oil, we don't have drills deep enough nor can work be done year round in those areas.

There's also large reserves in the northern arctic, but getting to them and also the environmental hazards it would pose causes numerous problems.

Terry S
06-16-2008, 08:50 PM
As long as we can develop Hydrocarbon mining on near-space objects within the next 50 years then all this crap about oil is pointless. Just drill it all now, it'll take too long to drain it.

Terry S

ChrisF
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
You logic as amazing.

nijikon5
06-19-2008, 05:03 PM
The problem is that probably less than 1 in 100 people in the U.S. have any clue or concern about Peak Oil and the crisis at hand. I don't blame the general public, it's an extremely depressing topic. Call it "gay" or "pointless drivel" it's the truth. The U.S. provided the Allied Forces with 6 out of the 7 billion barrels that was used. Now the U.S. imports over 66% of oil our country uses, oil has allowed us to have a comfortable life and it is a non-renewable resource. If you want to witness Peak Oil theories first hand just look at Baku, and Texas.

Terry S
06-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Peak Oil isn't .0001% as "dooming" as all the current environmental regulations in place. All the god damn hippies are stifling our economy, our technological research and our way of life.

Terry S

x[corwyn]
06-20-2008, 02:56 AM
Peak Oil isn't .0001% as "dooming" as all the current environmental regulations in place. All the god damn hippies are stifling our economy, our technological research and our way of life.

Terry S

Destroying all the last decent places left around isnt exactly the answer. There really is so much oil on earth. Either you accept that scientific reality or you can keep your head in the sand and blame everyone else that the magic cupboard isnt just refueling. These issues were known and were talked about as far back as 100 years ago. Oil companies have always known about peak oil.

Even if we open up the reserves, we trash the environment, magically find ways to convert the oil shoals, and somehow get to be able to get oil from the depths of the ocean far beyond what we can drill now...it will STILL run out. We will just pass it on to our kids or our grandkids and STILL within out lifetime this crisis will come to bear.

We can either grow up, take responsibility and find a more long term way of doing things...ultimately cleaner and better for where we live, or we can make things worse, and ultimately make it our kids problem.

Either way. It WILL happen.

yooyooyoo
06-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Terry S

Go to mainland China. See what its like living in an environment with no regulations and unbridled competition where you can see the air and cut it with a knife.

Terry S
06-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Currently, the environmental laws just say, "No you cant do that. Period." They should say, "You can do that only if you promise to do xxxx."

That's all i'm sayin.

Terry S

Wests
06-27-2008, 03:01 AM
I hate gas.

RPD_FKTARD
06-27-2008, 03:04 PM
I hate gas.

what are you selling?

dubledee
06-29-2008, 04:35 PM
gas in san diego is hitting damn near $5 for 91 -__-

ev0ninerr
06-29-2008, 05:40 PM
The title needs to be revised in the advent of current events...

Thero
06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Yep Change it to $5 dollars now lol.

x[corwyn]
06-30-2008, 01:26 AM

Why? GW doesnt even know its hit $4 much less $5 yet!

evobevo
06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Forget oil prices, G.W. is more worried about what to do with Iran.

Terry S
06-30-2008, 09:29 PM
]

Why? GW doesnt even know its hit $4 much less $5 yet!

Sheeple.

Terry S

dubledee
06-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Forget oil prices, G.W. is more worried about what to do with Iran.

qft. bush is ignorant