PDA

View Full Version : Carpool Onramp Sting in Corona

Evolution.VIII
03-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey Everyone,

I can't confirm, but this morning on Main St. in off the 91 Fwy in Corona there were lots of cars pulled over with single drivers in them. I couldn't see any damage on the cars and there were tow trucks taking the cars away.

If you ever use the Carpool lanes to get on the freeways in Riverside/Corona, Don't be lulled into using them alone like I see so many commuters do. CHP has been everywhere in the stretch of the 91 between the 15 and the 55.

kimletrim
03-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Violators deserve to be punished....but at least a carpool violation does not count as a point on your driving record.

PineApple
03-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I agree with above. When I come home from work or go to work, West Covina to Santa Monica, I see so many 1 or two people inside the cars when it clearly states that there needs to be three during certain hours. There are times when i wish I was a police officer and rolled all the scumbags who do that. I can understand if there is an accident so a lane is closed or whatever, but I see the same people doing it day after day after day. Good post though but yes, those who take advantage of the carpool lane need to be caught.

Evolution.VIII
03-05-2008, 04:40 PM
I ride a motorcycle too, and I see single occupant cars all the time in the Carpool lane. Not to be sexist, but I have only seen impatient women use the carpool only entrance lane on onramps.

I figure somebody might know somebody who participates in this type of behavior, maybe a warning can save them a couple $100 in fines and impound fees.

koolguy21
03-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I see this happen alot by main st and the 91 east onramp.

JDMboi
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
they been havingÂ* a smog stationÂ* Â*on magnolia in between mckinley and pierce

Skiracer
03-13-2008, 07:13 PM
They'll tow your car for a carpool violation???

MoReRyCe
03-13-2008, 07:25 PM
lol it was prolly an accident..

vial8or
03-13-2008, 08:42 PM
oh damn...yes....thats what the cops need to focus on the freeways....those damn 1 or 2 people riding by themselves in the carpool......

and lol if anyone has gotten their car towed for that....OWNED!!

Spec R
04-11-2008, 09:10 PM
yeah whatever gets the cops away from the street racing during rush hour is best for evo 9s cuz they're better than 10s

04-22-2008, 04:32 PM

serious i got caught doing it back in january, and got a ticket but they didn't tow me, I didn't know you could even get towed for that seems O.D.

x[corwyn]
04-22-2008, 04:47 PM

serious i got caught doing it back in january, and got a ticket but they didn't tow me, I didn't know you could even get towed for that seems O.D.

They'll tow if you have a suspended license, no insurance, no registration etc etc.... Or if you complain about not getting the reach around while they are taking the ole strap on to your butt.