PDA

View Full Version : I need help from stereo expert!!!

MitsEvoIX
03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Well today I just removed 2 x 12" subs from my trunk becasue I am going to airport tomorrow so I need some cargo space.Â* Anyways, I would like to put back only one 12" subs back in my trunk by Monday, but I am a newbie when it comes to stero/wiring stuff so I don't know where all the wires should go.Â* I am willing to pay some $$$ if anyone local would help me out with the install.Â* I am in Rowland Heights/Walnut areas, and I am willing to go to your place if it is necessary.Â* Someone plz help me out with this, Thanks.

javicracer
03-07-2008, 06:24 PM
I will do it if u come 2 my house

MitsEvoIX
03-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I will do it if u come 2 my house

Where you located? Lmk, Thanks

highenuff14
03-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Check the amp's manual for MONO setup. Most amps are MONO capable even though they're 2 channel stereo amps. You can take 1 wire from each channel and hook it up to the + and - on the sub to bridge it, and the amp should be able to adjust accordingly. So, make sure you hooking up the the right wires. Good luck...

MitsEvoIX
03-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I lost the manual.....

PineApple
03-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Just hook up 1 set of wires to the +/- terminal and one to the +/- terminal on the subwoofer. Â*simple as that. Â*You don't need to bridge it as if your subs are wired down lower than 4ohms and say your amp can't support bridging lower than 4 ohms, it is going to cut out and you will have no bass. Â*Just simply connect thepositive to positive and negative to negative and you will be fine.

Driving_Miss_Daisy
03-08-2008, 04:50 PM
What kind of amp? Also where are you located.

PineApple
03-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Just wire it!!!! Its easy! + with + and - with -. You will probably have to redo your gain settings but that is bout it. Its easy!

Driving_Miss_Daisy
03-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Just wire it!!!! Its easy! + with + and - with -. You will probably have to redo your gain settings but that is bout it. Its easy!

Not all amps are like that.

PineApple
03-08-2008, 06:05 PM
How so?

MitsEvoIX
03-08-2008, 06:42 PM
What kind of amp? Also where are you located.

I am in Rowland Hts/Walnut areas.

PineApple
03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Have you even attempted it yet?

Driving_Miss_Daisy
03-08-2008, 07:24 PM
I would say it is going to be 1 + from one side and 1 - from the other side. Then the amp will probably have a mono switch on it.

If you have a make and model you can look on line to hook it. Or even brand would help.

PineApple
03-08-2008, 08:39 PM
You don't have to run a 2 channel amp into mono channel. As I stated before, not all two channel amps can handle different ohm ratings. For Example, if you have 2 2ohm sub woofers and you wire them down to one ohm apiece, when you hook them both up, that will be .75ohms. So if each sub is wired inside the box to 1ohm and you bridge the connection to "mono" it, Not a lot of amps can support 1ohm, or 2ohms, a lot of amps can only bridge @ 4ohms and higher.

Driving_Miss_Daisy
03-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Like i said a amp model is needed to figure out how to hook this up. Also speakers.

2 2 ohm speakers wired in parallel = 1 ohm by the way. Or you can make 2 2ohm speakers, 4 ohm if you wire them in series. 3 years of Electronics school tells me so.

Easiest way. Just hook up one speaker with the 1 side wires. Just tape up the other side so they don't short. Nice and simple. You won't be applying the most power to the speaker but this is the simplest.

PineApple
03-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Like i said a amp model is needed to figure out how to hook this up. Also speakers.

2 2 ohm speakers wired in parallel = 1 ohm by the way. Or you can make 2 2ohm speakers, 4 ohm if you wire them in series. 3 years of Electronics school tells me so.

Easiest way. Just hook up one speaker with the 1 side wires. Just tape up the other side so they don't short. Nice and simple. You won't be applying the most power to the speaker but this is the simplest.

I'm not gonna edit my post but when I refer to subwoofers I always refer to dual voice coils which in my case would be right but single coils, you would be right. I don't deal with single voice coil pos.

The second part of your statement runs parallel with mine that just hooking up normal is easy. Comon man, atleast try it!!!!!!!

EDIT - Fucked up the quotes, lmao.

Driving_Miss_Daisy
03-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Any way 2 1 ohms in parallel is .5 ohms not .75 ohms. Any way that is bad. Not to many amps can go below 1 ohms.

PineApple
03-09-2008, 12:22 AM
I blew out my first amp trying to go lower than 1ohm :(.