PDA

View Full Version : Auto Painting

swimmer160
03-14-2008, 08:51 AM
I want to get the car repainted, any good places around the area that aren't going to try to rape me as far as price goes?

LBEVOGSR
03-14-2008, 09:09 AM
It seems like I've answered this question like 3 times this month already. But anyways, check out a&a autoworks in van nuys. When it comes to painting, you get what you pay for.

flashfoto
03-14-2008, 09:09 AM
When it comes to painting your car.... you get what you pay for. It's one area you don't want to skimp on because it will show sooner or later.

You want quality... be prepared to throw down in the neighborhood of 2 - 3 grand (depending on what you want).

But hey... there's always Earl Schieb!!

smokinevo9
03-14-2008, 09:10 AM
take it 2 ONE DAY BODY & PAINT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THEY CAN DO IT FOR $199.99

hks-mr
03-14-2008, 09:14 AM
lol! one day, yeah i seen their paint kob: runs, orange peel, over spray bad masking no under paint, no primier the whole shabang!!! not to hate on them but my buddy got his hatch painted there for $675 and did a shitty as job on it.

swimmer160
03-14-2008, 10:05 PM
anyone know of Racer's Edge, I guess it's off the 8 by Sea World somewhere. I can't seem to find any info on the place online. I've seen their work and they do a pretty damn good job, and their prices are extremely reasonable.

CASH$ MONEY
03-19-2008, 12:39 AM
It seems like I've answered this question like 3 times this month already. But anyways, check out a&a autoworks in van nuys. When it comes to painting, you get what you pay for.

LOl ^ wuts good homie

vortech_g35
03-19-2008, 01:35 PM
MAACO, they have a presidential paint job.

91_gsx
03-19-2008, 01:44 PM
which car are you getting painted? your evo or one of your daily's? i say go maaco if anything if your looking for inexpensive. i'm pretty sure they all they do is paint over paint. but give them a call and see.

TeKiZeRo
03-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Dustin David and I had our cars done at Amato's in Sorrento Valley. They usually work on high-end cars and do a GREAT job.

AWDTURBO
03-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Take it to my friends shop in van nuys...

www.aaautoworks.com

ask for Karl or Frank and tell them Lawrence sent you...

they painted my cf hood w/ the white sides and did a damn good job...ppl who's seen my hood can vouch for it....

also they just did a evo w/ candy red paint....

swimmer160
03-19-2008, 06:38 PM
MAACO, they have a presidential paint job.

got a number?

Dustin David and I had our cars done at Amato's in Sorrento Valley. They usually work on high-end cars and do a GREAT job.

High price? Number?

Take it to my friends shop in van nuys...

www.aaautoworks.com

ask for Karl or Frank and tell them Lawrence sent you...

they painted my cf hood w/ the white sides and did a damn good job...ppl who's seen my hood can vouch for it....

also they just did a evo w/ candy red paint....

I'll check it out

TeKiZeRo
03-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Just check yellow pages for the number, I don't have it offhand. They're pretty pricey, but their work is legit.

swimmer160
03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
define pricey.....

speedracer2169
03-19-2008, 08:24 PM
anyone know of Racer's Edge, I guess it's off the 8 by Sea World somewhere. I can't seem to find any info on the place online. I've seen their work and they do a pretty damn good job, and their prices are extremely reasonable.

Wasn't Racer's Edge the name of that shop in The Fast and The Furious? Maybe they'll throw in 2 bottles of nitrous lol

swimmer160
03-19-2008, 08:41 PM

Wasn't Racer's Edge the name of that shop in The Fast and The Furious? Maybe they'll throw in 2 bottles of nitrous lol

Yeah it was, I found it hilarious when my buddy told me it too, I kinda didn't believe him. But he had his rx-8 painited Jaguar Racing Green for $700 (military discount), and they did a damn fine job.

Well, like 2 weeks later I was down by Sea World and I was on the 8 and sure as shit I saw it.