PDA

View Full Version : Cobb Tuner in SD?

dyablo
03-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone Im fairly new to socalevo.net just joined a few weeks back from a friend that mentioned this site. Dont get me wrong I seen you all roll up to MOD 07 :D. I had a question that I fairly need a quick answer to.

I was going to get my car tuned in Tucson, Az at IA performance with the Cobb AP on April 3. Few days back I got a call from my connection at the shop saying that their tuner had to leave on family emergency and wont be back till around april 23 :-\. Well that sucks in a way because I had this planned already and days off from work but at least he called saving me a 4hour drive for nothing.

So now I was wondering if any of you had an idea if there are Cobb tuners in the SD area? Im somewhat familiar to SD and its about the same drive from Yuma, Az to tucson or SD. Mods so far are minimal to include: works Drop in filter, TBE, Cobb AP.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks - Juan

yobless
03-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Aren't you "Gordo's" friend in Yuma? He bought my POS 2g and he has a ton of 1g's lying around.

Hit up Reese Tuning, they're a vendor here and they are in San Diego county.

But if you want to come to L.A. then PM MFQ.

vortech_g35
03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Harman Motive tunes COBB, but try AWJUNKIES website because there is a couple STI people that work for COBB.

dyablo
03-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Aren't you "Gordo's" friend in Yuma? He bought my POS 2g and he has a ton of 1g's lying around.

Who.. Jose? has a red 2g and like a bunch of 1g. If so then yes that would be me.

yobless
03-29-2008, 12:30 AM

Who.. Jose? has a red 2g and like a bunch of 1g. If so then yes that would be me.

Yup Jose...I just call him "Gordo," that is what his cousin told me to call him. Good luck with your tune.

dyablo
03-29-2008, 02:25 PM
So I called up Reese and they said 500 for a Cobb tune. So I got an appointment with them thrusday at 9am. Car has been running good and it has 20k miles bought it brand new should I replace the spark plugs? Or perhaps do i boost leak before heading out?

yobless
03-30-2008, 09:48 AM
So I called up Reese and they said 500 for a Cobb tune. So I got an appointment with them thrusday at 9am. Car has been running good and it has 20k miles bought it brand new should I replace the spark plugs? Or perhaps do i boost leak before heading out?

I would do a boost leak test and at least check the gap on your spark plugs, maybe you don't need to replace them. If you're up for an oil change then do that as well.

BTW do you ever make it to Mexicali to run at that airport? That place is crazy.

dyablo
03-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Im gonna try and do a leak test if i get a chance before heading out. And what is the stock gap on the plugs? I also did an oil change a little over 300 miles ago.

About mexicali yeah I go every now and then with Jose. Best run so far was 8.89 but im not the best driver there is. Not sure if thats a good number but its better than what Jose ran(10.++) when I let him barrow the car.

yobless
03-30-2008, 09:23 PM
About mexicali yeah I go every now and then with Jose. Best run so far was 8.89 but im not the best driver there is. Not sure if thats a good number but its better than what Jose ran(10.++) when I let him barrow the car.

My best time down there was a 8.5 but that was with a blown turbo, about 8 months ago.

Let me know when you're going again...I might roll out just to see whats up.

dyablo
04-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Update: So Just wanted to Thank James from Reese Tuning For making time to get me a good tune even after having a brand new baby a few days earlier. He didnt tune with the Cobb AP because of some boost line issue that cobb now provides boost line to replace to stock ones, well I didnt have those. So in order for me not to go home empty handed James gave me some options and suggested using his boost line and pill from his car and made it work. Very cool staff they got there, they went as far as installing the new pills and boost lines. Over all they took about 4hours as James had mentioned to me from the beginning and well there was the little problem to fix earlier in the game. He did a couple base runs and then stated to do his thing with the tune.

End result was 310hp with 292tq with max boost at 23.42 :D. Yes they are just numbers but the butt dyno says there is a different in power lol. Some good numbers if you ask me for just a TBE and works drop in filter.

Tuned By Reese :mitsu:

cas909
04-05-2008, 09:34 PM
What's up Juan? Its me Rafa. Your car put down some good power bro!! Hey, so how was Sea World? Lol!!
Here's your ride on the dyno

dyablo
04-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey I just seen your other post also. I was really impressed with the numbers james was able to get out of the car, like he said those are just numbers. But damm on the street the car pulls really good now. About sea world well it was fun the kids has a blast but the GF was a little mad at first. We hit the zoo on friday and after all that was done we drove home with a little sunburn lol.

Thanks for adding the pic.