PDA

View Full Version : april fools bishes! :P

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:01 PM
:tickedoff:Â* :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

was logging today and the rod made a nice big picture window in the block. Oil all over the place, metal shavings everywhere, and friggen antifreeze pouring away into the gutter...

*BOOM*, no more motor...

wonder if Mitsu can warranty it, cause if they dont im fkd.

...im so pissed off right now
>:( >:( >:(
:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

(april fools bishes! :P )

white9
04-01-2008, 01:02 PM
ouch! sorry to hear man. what major mods do you have?

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:04 PM
ghettorigged 3" exhaust
HKS drop in

my own poorman's ECUflash tune

choicelaw
04-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Damn! were you hammering on it? Gotta be some defect right?

Macky
04-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Happy April fools n00bs. ;)

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:13 PM
^IM BEING SERIOUS!!!
>:( :tickedoff:

Damn! were you hammering on it? Gotta be some defect right?

^thats what im thinking. I mean the car has been running 12.5:1 AFR's since 500 miles without any issues... stock boost, stock timing, no major knock, only random 5-10 counts here/there.

no way any of this was caused by my tuning...has to be a defect.

CASH$ MONEY
04-01-2008, 01:14 PM
:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Macky
04-01-2008, 01:15 PM
sorry to hear that man. i was hoping it was a joke because thats not gonna be easy to prove as a defect.

Macky
04-01-2008, 01:16 PM
best thing would be to get crate motors from SC Mitsu. I believe they still sell them.

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Uh, isn't 12.5 a little lean?

^no way, lean is over 14.7:1, 12.5:1 is safe.

I check everyday with my Autometer AFR gauge. It never says lean, it always goes to the rich side of the gauge when i punch it.

sorry to hear that man. i was hoping it was a joke because thats not gonna be easy to prove as a defect.

its alright man, i appreciate your concern, and thanks again for the front bumper, i almost had it complete and everything... too bad it will never make it on the car :(

Terenus
04-01-2008, 01:17 PM
WTF happened to my post. lol

Macky
04-01-2008, 01:19 PM

its alright man, i appreciate your concern, and thanks again for the front bumper, i almost had it complete and everything... too bad it will never make it on the car :(

hey bro its my bad. seeing as that was possibly the worst news I can see for someone like you, i really was hoping you were joking.

sad to say, this is the first Ive heard of it. Im pretty sure its a defect as Ive read about people giving a whole new meaning to running lean and getting away with it.

as Ive said, your best recourse (should getting it warrantied doesnt work) would be to buy a crate motor from SC Mitsu. it should be an easy swap.

silvery_eagle
04-01-2008, 01:21 PM
tat sux.. how many other evos have u tuned?

CASH$ MONEY
04-01-2008, 01:21 PM
damn mike... good luck... how many miles did you have on the car??? try taking to to SCM and speak to rigo.. im pretty sure they can work something out for you.... Â*:-\

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:22 PM
^thanks macky, and ronnie, ill keep that in mind if they deny me.

its the ninjas...they friggen ninja voodoo'd my motor too while they were at it >:(

only about 5 or 6...

manafest
04-01-2008, 01:29 PM
^^^just curious, who'd you learn to tune from?

kimletrim
04-01-2008, 01:30 PM
If ur looking for warranty coverage you should be posting as little as possible

manafest
04-01-2008, 01:31 PM

I fking love your avatar bro...

errr... sorry back on topic... kim's right... heh.

Terenus
04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
This is why I spend the extra money to get tuned by knowledgeable shops.

RPD_FKTARD
04-01-2008, 01:32 PM
is it really the tune?
who teach you how to tune?

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:34 PM
^^^just curious, who'd you learn to tune from?

myself... nobody on this site cares about tuning. ive taught myself everything i know.

meh, they cant prove its me...

still doesnt mean your tune is safe. ive gotten tunes from some people's cars that knock like crazy

714IX
04-01-2008, 01:36 PM

its the ninjas...they friggen ninja voodoo'd my motor too while they were at it >:(

only about 5 or 6...

I'll be worried if I'm 1 of the 6 car that you tuned!

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM

only about 5 or 6...

I'll be worried if I'm 1 of the 6 car that you tuned!
pfft, my tunes are safe. I totally know what im doing, these guys shouldnt have to be worried.

Terenus
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM

still doesnt mean your tune is safe. ive gotten tunes from some people's cars that knock like crazy

Knocking, yes. But not blowing engines. GL with the warranty.

Terry S
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM

was logging today and the rod made a nice big picture window in the block. Oil all over the place, metal shavings everywhere, and friggen antifreeze pouring away into the gutter...

*BOOM*, no more motor...

wonder if Mitsu can warranty it, cause if they dont im fkd.

...im so pissed off right now
>:( >:( >:(

Dude, i told you, you should be more careful! I totally saw this comming. Everyone knows that self-tuning = blown motor EVERY TIME!

The SSFailboat has pulled into dock to take this load out to sea.

Terry S

Terry S
04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
And as long as you flash it back to stock, they'll warranty it. Everyone knows the Evo motor is prone to blowing up. Especially those crappy ass VIII's.

Terry S

leaveit2bevo
04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
12.5 on 91? thats safe I run 13.5- 15 afr on 91

Terenus
04-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Uh, isn't 12.5 a little lean?

^no way, lean is over 14.7:1, 12.5:1 is safe.

I check everyday with my Autometer AFR gauge. It never says lean, it always goes to the rich side of the gauge when i punch it.

Isn't 14.7:1 already too lean for NA cars?

Mister
04-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your motor. Hope you get it resolved!

Just an FYI, the Autometer Air/Fuel gauge happens to be one of the most unreliable and innaccurate air/fuel meters on the market. I would definitely invest in a quality wideband gauge, as opposed to the narrowband innaccuracy.

There should be no reason for your gauge to read rich when you gun it, especially if you are running a 12.5 AFR.

manafest
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
*edit*

TY mister...

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:45 PM

Knocking, yes. But not blowing engines. GL with the warranty.

^pfft, we all know of stories of pro tuner's cars blowing up for random reasons.

Dude, i told you, you should be more careful! I totally saw this comming. Everyone knows that self-tuning = blown motor EVERY TIME!

The SSFailboat has pulled into dock to take this load out to sea.

Terry S

whatever, i always checked my afr gauge everyday, it wouldnt ever flash in the red LED's it would only go to the rich side. The EGT's never got over 1800° either. i dont see what the problem could have been

Isn't 14.7:1 already too lean for NA cars?
no, the turbocharged direct injected Ecotec LNF motor runs 14.7:1 even at WOT.

kimletrim
04-01-2008, 01:46 PM
I hope he was kidding about the AFR.

CASH$ MONEY
04-01-2008, 01:46 PM
i cant imagine blowing a evo motor... why couldnt you pay tt 3 bills and have a safe tune that will last a bit!?? O0

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your motor. Hope you get it resolved!

Just an FYI, the Autometer Air/Fuel gauge happens to be one of the most unreliable and innaccurate air/fuel meters on the market. I would definitely invest in a quality wideband gauge, as opposed to the narrowband innaccuracy.

There should be no reason for your gauge to read rich when you gun it, especially if you are running a 12.5 AFR.

12.5 is rich, it says so on the gauge. i input 12.5 in ecuflash and flashed it on the ecu.

narrowband gauges are more accurate than wideband gauges. it reads a narrower band of the exhaust, therefore it is more accurate, it throws out all the bogus stuff outside the band.

Terenus
04-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Ahh, probably reading too much Evom tuning. Most of them are running 12.2-12.5 on 93oct or even 11s.

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:50 PM
i cant imagine blowing a evo motor... why couldnt you pay tt 3 bills and have a safe tune that will last a bit!?? O0

cause that defeats the purpose of doing it myself... saved myself $300 that way.

besides, id only go to a tuner that would discuss tuning theory with me, and answer my tuning questions... so far no shop has even offered other than GST, bryan is a good guy and definately knows his stuff.

CASH$ MONEY
04-01-2008, 01:51 PM
oo

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:52 PM
^not if its warrantied, then its free.

CRX2EVO
04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
weren't people thanking this guy for tuning advise and such?

LMAO

manafest
04-01-2008, 01:55 PM

cause that defeats the purpose of doing it myself... saved myself $300 that way.

besides, id only go to a tuner that would discuss tuning theory with me, and answer my tuning questions... so far no shop has even offered other than GST, bryan is a good guy and definately knows his stuff.

i know exactly what you mean, when it comes to tuning shops, we lack a good fkin shop but oh well....

but you saved yourself 300 dollars?, but yet, you blew a 6 k Motor? plus etc etc...... because of 3 hundred..?? not WORTH it IMO...

who paid you to say this?

and this comes from a guy that says he has all the money in the world? Â*your contradictions surprise me sometimes...

*edit*
even though i know the point you're trying to get across...

Skiracer
04-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I hope the dealer you plan on warranty'ing the engine isn't reading this thread....

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 01:56 PM

LMAO

^yea, because i was the only one willing to help! noone on this damn forum cares about tuning, and never offers support...or if they do its $100+ for a re-flash...something that takes all of 2 minutes.

CASH$ MONEY
04-01-2008, 01:58 PM

i know exactly what you mean, when it comes to tuning shops, we lack a good fkin shop but oh well....

but you saved yourself 300 dollars?, but yet, you blew a 6 k Motor? plus etc etc...... because of 3 hundred..?? not WORTH it IMO...

and this comes from a guy that says he has all the money in the world? Â*your contradictions surprise me sometimes...

Manfest- slap your face.

Who paid me to say this? ?

Terenus
04-01-2008, 01:58 PM

LMAO

^yea, because i was the only one willing to help! noone on this damn forum cares about tuning, and never offers support...or if they do its $100+ for a re-flash...something that takes all of 2 minutes.

Looney Tune helps people with tunes.

CRX2EVO
04-01-2008, 01:59 PM

and this comes from a guy that says he has all the money in the world? your contradictions surprise me sometimes...

how was that a contradiction?

he's pointing out the fact that by trying to save a mere $300 and choosing to do it himself, he will end up paying the price. A price in the the thousands of dollars.

Reading comprehension, ya digg?

AWDTURBO
04-01-2008, 02:00 PM
^^ kinda too late for anything! whats done is done, good luck hope you get it resolved soon.

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 02:02 PM
lol...before the thread gets out of hand, april fools bishes

Terry S
04-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Damn it! It was just getting good. All the fun people were just starting to show up.

Terry S

Terenus
04-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I love how manafest/Cash Money/CRX2EVO was getting into it. haha

CRX2EVO
oic

manafest
lol i know, damn!! haha!!

btw- i edited my post before you CRX2evo haha... you're a funny guy.

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 02:04 PM
^hehe... yea, i didnt want it to go too far, and end up with a so-an-so bashing Ca$h money and ruining the thread.

...that and i didnt want to piss off any shops/tuners in the area. They all are gettign paid for a reason :D

CASH$ MONEY
you stupid motherfucker! :2funny:

Terenus
But....this thread still wins.

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=58523.0;topicseen

CRX2EVO
04-01-2008, 02:05 PM
lol i know, damn!! haha!!

btw- i edited my post before you CRX2evo haha... you're a funny guy.

ya, I caught that

I blocked your ninja edit

Skiracer
04-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Bah, i was gonna ask you how much u wanna sell the motor for

manafest
04-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I love how manafest/Cash Money/CRX2EVO was getting into it. haha

I'm not in it for the gang bang... please keep me out of it... lol...

They shouldn't be mad... i helped them with my thread... they're famous now. Â*They should be bowing down to me damnit!

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Bah, i was gonna ask you how much u wanna sell the motor for

heh... a blown motor like that wouldnt be worth buying. prolly metal bits gone through the turbo already.

Mister
04-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Good one SocalRedline,

As soon as you made the narrowband better than wideband post, thats when I was sensing this was indeed a joke.
But good one! O0

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 02:12 PM
^heh, yea...i was trying to give little hints here/there... some people caught on right away...like Terry...

fwiw, i am using a LC-1, and have a EGT probe, and monitor boost via the JDM sensor.

afr's never exceed 11.8:1 after peak boost, and taper to 11.5:1, egt's never hit over 1350-1400°, boost never peaks past 18psi and tapers to 15.

lol. and if anyone ever does want to discuss tuning theory and what the different things in ECUflash do, feel free to ask. it sucks that this forum is so closed minded to self tuning.

p.s. i actually read that thing about narrowband tuning on a honduh forum :D

CASH$ MONEY
04-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Mister- is your Avatar as ugly as your face in real life? just curious

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
^unscrupulous...

Terry S
04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Shit, narrowband tuning was used for like the first 3 years on Socal. SAFC = FTL.

Terry S

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 02:19 PM
^ouch... inaccurate to the 100th degree...

nothing beats a well calibrated wideband, and a good tuning program that allows you to rewrite the code on the ECU.

hell, on old drive-by-cable B5's people would friggen solder in a new EPROM just to allow them to re-write the ECU's code.

Terry S
04-01-2008, 02:22 PM

nothing beats a well calibrated wideband, and a good tuning program that allows you to rewrite the code on the ECU.

hell, on old drive-by-cable B5's people would friggen solder in a new EPROM just to allow them to re-write the ECU's code.

From our How-To folder: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=9417.0

Terry S

CASH$ MONEY
04-01-2008, 02:24 PM
afc was cool in 2003 ...

were in 2008 now...

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 02:29 PM

From our How-To folder: http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=9417.0

Terry S

but thats Dr. Gray...Â* he knows more than most "pro" tuners... he was giving a basic run-down on how to tune when there isnt anything available... i.e. now with the X.
narrowband tuning is inaccurate, but you can still manage a decent tune if you make sure you dont exceed certain voltages. especially if youve tuned as many as him, you would expect to know about what works and what doesnt...

each car may vary on small amounts, but 90% of most 'tuners' start with the same 'safe' map and work up from there.

the thing that sucks about the newer cars, and AFC's is that they cannot control the drive-by-wire cars.

Terenus
04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
^^ Yup, back then we had no ways of tuning the ecu but only to trick it with the SAFC.

Terry S
04-01-2008, 02:39 PM
There were other ways, it was just "cool" to go AFC.

Terry S

Macky
04-01-2008, 02:51 PM

you ass. i knew you were too smart for this.

you owe me, i called you out first! ;)

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 02:55 PM
There were other ways, it was just "cool" to go AFC.

Terry S

^dude, the graphs are BAD A$$! they have pretty lights and colors...

i totally want a bunch of huge digital display's in my car flashing in my face at any given time.

AVC-r, S-AFC, turbo timer, narrowband gauge, shift light, DVD player, G-tacK, etc...

thats what makes you the ubersuper ultimate ninja tuna!... having more gauges than a c130 :D

you ass. i knew you were too smart for this.

you owe me, i called you out first! ;)

lol... yea, i kno... i was trying to keep the thread going...lol O0
you did call me out right after Terry pm'd me :D

lightfighter
04-01-2008, 03:09 PM
damn i missed this

Happy April Fools

Macky
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM
lol... yea, i kno... i was trying to keep the thread going...lol O0
you did call me out right after Terry pm'd me :D

hahaha good one though. you got a lot of us good.

so how is everything going? once you get that thing together let me know and we'll do a shoot.

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 03:17 PM
for sure, thing is almost done, i just ahve to find the right color paint... its hard to match paint that's already faded and oxidized... that and i have to finish fabbing the frame for the bumper... as well as fab up a crash beam for about 4 different people with 7 bumpers that have asked for them, and still work full time and go to school every night... :D

damn i missed this

Happy April Fools

^heh... 150 views in 15minutes...lol. you missed it.

I was gonna let it go farther, but then i risked pissing people off, and not being able to enjoy a semi-successful april fools joke before leaving work :D

Mister
04-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Mister- is your Avatar as ugly as your face in real life? just curious

No, my real face is actually uglier.
I'm sure you thought I was cute, but I'm not gay like you and your boy Weezy, so stop asking FAG!
If you are looking for men so badly, I would stop coming on Socalevo, and get your ass in your stock Evo and drive to West Hollywood! Ya digg? I digg!

RPD_FKTARD
04-01-2008, 03:26 PM
retards

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 03:34 PM
^dont get all pissy cause you got fool'd :D

you should go out and try your own April fools, itll make you feel better (for like 5 seconds)

ultraflip
04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
dumb ass idea to be playing like that

SoCalRedLine
04-01-2008, 03:47 PM
^lol, you were the first person to tell me i was gonna blow my motor...

to which i replied, "good, then ill forge it and make it stronger"

ill let you know when it goes. with my luck it will go just cause i made this post :D

ultraflip
04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
ibl & delete