PDA

View Full Version : CONSOLE WARS

LiquidLife
04-10-2008, 03:25 PM
We all know what this is about.* Oh just another thread about what system is better... damn it!* A controversy that has provoked much violence and pain throughout the nerd community* :D :buck2:

I'm one of the few people who think logically about both systems, they are both good.* I like the xbox 360 much more though for 1 reason, and 1 reason only.* Pure Online Multiplayer.

I think it's fun to see what you guys have to say.* Try not to flame each other, Crazies.* O0* (NIZZLE!!!!!!* :crazy2:) j/k dude...

Numbers numbers numbers, I don't think about that stuff. Many people don't have anything better to do then argue about which system sells better, who cares....

If you love multiplayer, you love the xbox 360 (relative to the PS3 anyway). PC gamers are mostly multiplayer oriented, and in my humble opinion would rather get an Xbox 360 than a PS3 solely for that reason.

If you've never had any real experience with PC gaming or multiplayer in general, one would be more likely to get a PS3. Again, this is just speculation based on my experience.

I wouldn't mind having a PS3, but I go where ever the multiplayer leads me. I've used the PS3 many times, it's a nice system, but anyone in the world will tell you Xbox 360 is the online system of today, and that's what you want to get if you are a hardcore multiplayer gamer. The xbox 360 controller feels like it's designed for accuracy, it's a work of art, in a technical way, someone that cares about the color of his console wouldn't understand (Again, relative to Consoles, WASD is best)

If you don't care about multiplayer online, then in my opinion a PS3 would be just as good pretty much; but I buy games for the multiplayer online, always have all the way back in the DOS days with DOOM. I'd still be using PC exclusively if it wasn't for Xbox.

It would be fun to see how exclusive PS3 gamers would match up to PC/Xbox 360 gamers in some multiplayer games with some of the multiplatform games like COD4, PS3 gamer using their PS3, and Xbox 360 gamer using their Xbox. By the results of the competition, you would have a little insight on why people buy an xbox 360, and why people buy a PS3. Too bad it's not possible at this time.

Just my 2 cents

MoReRyCe
04-10-2008, 04:01 PM
im a pc gamer and i agree with you about the whole pc gamers getting ps3 because for multiplayer i love pc way better than a cansole.. i freakin suck at shooter games with out a keyboard and mouse.. lol..

the first one i got was ps3 just because to me it seems like it has better graphics.. i played both on my 56" in 1080P and i have to say the ps3 looks better.. n thats wut i was going for.. on smaller screens i can understand 1080p would look almost identicle on both.. but anyways.. i ended up not fighting withmyself and got every console everyone fights about.. ps3, 360, wii, nintendo 1... lol

LiquidLife
04-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I feel your pain, but I forced myself years ago when Halo 1 first came out to get used to the controller for the xbox. *Once you do it for a little bit, it's suprisingly easy to get used to. *Conversly, I could never get used to the playstation 2/3 controller for FPS games man, the 360 was just plain better IMO.

1WkdEvo
04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Have both and I would agree with your assessment in the sense that I have not played multiplayer in years and taking that out of the equation, I like the PS3 better due to graphics quality, ease of use, and the fact that my XBOX 360 constantly has issues

Unstroked
04-10-2008, 04:24 PM
xbox 360 for online play and the Wii for parties....

Wii sports ftmfw!!!!!

LiquidLife
04-10-2008, 04:27 PM
It's interesting though about the graphics quality you and MoReRyCe said. *You think the graphics are better? *

I know that for the multiplatform games like COD4 and Assassin's Creed, critics have said that the xbox 360 was better.

As far as single platform games, it's easier to sqeeze better graphics out of them. *For instance Gears of War is the best looking game for the Xbox 360 because of the power of the 360 obviously, but moreover because they could specifically "Tune" it for the 360 only, and not have to worry about the PS3. *

Is this what you are talking about?

One thing is for sure, it is a fact that the PS3 is more advanced, we won't see it for a while though. *I've read that the Unreal Engine 4 is being engineered as we speak, but it won't be utilized for any xbox 360 games, but I think it will be for the PS3, although the article never specifically stated that, it just left PS3 out of the topic.

EVOL EDO
04-10-2008, 04:48 PM
i have all 3, even though the wii isnt next gen graphic-wise.* so, having all the next gen systems, if i had to choose one it would be the xbox 360.* graphics-wise as has been said the ps3 has more potential, but it hasnt showed up in games as of now.* exclusive game titles that are must play games goes to the 360.* multiplatform titles, i have not seen any game that looks better on the ps3, and for the achievment points system that gives a reason for me to play a game beyond just beating it i buy all multiplatform games for the 360.* controller, i used to love the ps controller, but now i cant stand it compared to the 360 controller it just feels more awkward to use.* multiplayer, personally i dont care if ps3 has free multiplayer, crap is crap even if it is free.* the multiplayer online experience offered by live is a lot better than the experience offered through the ps3.* xbox live costs less than 1 dollar a week and it is worth it if you are into multiplayer.* technology goes to the ps3.* honestly if ps3 didnt have blu-rays and the gt5 and gthd demos i would never touch it.* the wii i find annoying with the control movements.* if it wasnt for Nintendo first party games such as zelda and mario i would probably never play that either.* sometimes i wish the games would have the option to not use arm motions to control movements.* so my 2 cents as i said before if i had to choose one for gaming reasons it would be the xbox 360.* and I used to be an fps pc guy too.* but buying 300-400 dollar vid cards just to decently play new titles gets old fast. actually i have been lazy to upgrade my xp 3500 and 6800 gt for that reason alone. that was actually part of my reasoning behind justifying my 360 purchase when it came out. i could pay 400 for a vid card alone but i was questioning buying a 400 dollar console so i just bought it. then i got the rrod 1 1/2 years later.

vial8or
04-10-2008, 04:59 PM
I have all 3 as well, and i never touch the ps3. ever.
360 only got action when halo3 came out for a couple months.
wii gets the most playtime, brawl, 64 games, too much fun

EvolvedMCC
04-10-2008, 05:02 PM
the only reason i will buy a ps3 is for blu-ray capability. i may never buy a wii.

360 FTW!

EVOL EDO
04-10-2008, 05:09 PM
I have all 3 as well, and i never touch the ps3. ever.
360 only got action when halo3 came out for a couple months.
wii gets the most playtime, brawl, 64 games, too much fun

my wii would get more playtime if i had people to play with. i dont live with my buddies anymore so thats why i didnt buy brawl its not fun unless you get to trash talk, or get trash talked to, with friends. id sell it but my gf got if for my birthday so i cant.

silvery_eagle
04-10-2008, 05:22 PM
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1017935

DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PLAYSTATION 3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

ADVANCED CODEC RAISES BAR FOR HIGH DEFINITION ENTERTAINMENT

MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED BLU-RAY MOVIES / CONCERT VIDEOS FEATURING PREMIUM DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO™ SOUNDTRACKS AVAILABLE

PR for: DTS Corporate
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) a digital audio technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience, has announced that its DTS-HD Master Audio™ technology is now available for the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system. DTS-HD Master Audio is capable of delivering audio that is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master at super high variable bit rates (up to 24.5 Mbps on Blu-ray™ Discs). This bit stream is so fast and the transfer rate so high that it can deliver 7.1 audio channel, 96k/24-bit sound identical to the original studio master. DTS’ single-bit-stream codec design enables supremely efficient content programming and consumer playback. The new PS3 with DTS-HD Master Audio will be available by simply downloading the upcoming firmware upgrade on April 15th, 2008.

“We are extremely pleased that Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) is adding the full spectrum premium DTS-HD Master Audio codec into the PS3 so that more than 10 million owners of one of the best selling computer entertainment systems can have the best sounding, most efficient and flexible audio technology available as well,” said Brian Towne, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Division at DTS. “DTS-HD Master Audio is fast becoming the must-have feature for high definition entertainment enthusiasts.”

"PS3 was designed to enable delivery of new and improved technologies like DTS-HD Master Audio," said Teiji Yutaka, Senior Vice President, Software Platform Development, SCE. "So we are delighted to be able to offer this capability to PS3 users."

vial8or
04-10-2008, 07:55 PM
^^thats nice....if only it had half as much fun games as the other consoles to enjoy that sound.

and brawl is SICK online. u can make custom taunts to say whatever you want....it gets hillarious.

i hardly play at all though, only the huge games that come out.
looks like i might bust out the ps3 for MGS4 and the new god of war.
and of course.....GTAIV FTMFW

HaVoK23
04-10-2008, 08:25 PM
im a pc gamer and i agree with you about the whole pc gamers getting ps3 because for multiplayer i love pc way better than a cansole.. i freakin suck at shooter games with out a keyboard and mouse.. lol..

I feel you on this.......I purchased the PS3 mainly for my sports and racing games. Though, now I'm kinda kicking myself in the ass for it cause a majority of my friends have 360 and they all play FIFA against each other....I could careless for FPS on a console system just because I couldnt get the stupid shooting down. I tried for a solid month when Rainbro Six: Vegas came out and just couldn't do it.

I also hate how you have pay to play online for 360.....thats just evil

EVOL EDO
04-10-2008, 08:32 PM

jesus its less than a dollar a week its like 12 cents a day. and considering how much bandwidth and how many servers they need to handle and run all the multiplayer game options its not so bad. and the way its setup is so much cleaner than the ps3's online joke of a system. pcs have their own servers and they are usually limited to a single game so that company can set up a central server easily like steam because its limited to a single game. unlike consoles which has so many games and so many different people playing and doing different things. wow charges 15 dollars a month or whatever and thats for online for a single game. everquest was like 10 bucks a month. so 3-4 bucks a mont xbox live charges you is not bad.

Sr20kidD
04-10-2008, 08:49 PM
pc, 360, ps3, wii, dreamcast and so on... i got all, and there all here for different reasons.. i do like fps with KB mice better, however anything else such as sports, fighters need a controller and a quicker boot up ;)

skylinefolife
04-10-2008, 09:00 PM
I have always said that for games, especially multiplayer games (online games) the pc is the best. I also think the keyboard + mouse is the best controller :) The only bad thing about the computer is you must constantly upgrade your ram, gcard, etc, to play and keep up with current games. Give me COD4, CS, DOD:S, BF2 and Im set.

I bought my ps3 for 2 reasons: Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo :)

I also bought a 360 just for Halo 3; im a big halo nerd :) I also cannot wait until the new GTA IV and Resident Evil 5 :)

Maybe just because of those console games, I bought a 360 and PS3.

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 09:01 AM
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1017935

DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PLAYSTATION 3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

ADVANCED CODEC RAISES BAR FOR HIGH DEFINITION ENTERTAINMENT

MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED BLU-RAY MOVIES / CONCERT VIDEOS FEATURING PREMIUM DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO™ SOUNDTRACKS AVAILABLE

PR for: DTS Corporate
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) a digital audio technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience, has announced that its DTS-HD Master Audio™ technology is now available for the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system. DTS-HD Master Audio is capable of delivering audio that is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master at super high variable bit rates (up to 24.5 Mbps on Blu-ray™ Discs). This bit stream is so fast and the transfer rate so high that it can deliver 7.1 audio channel, 96k/24-bit sound identical to the original studio master. DTS’ single-bit-stream codec design enables supremely efficient content programming and consumer playback. The new PS3 with DTS-HD Master Audio will be available by simply downloading the upcoming firmware upgrade on April 15th, 2008.

“We are extremely pleased that Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) is adding the full spectrum premium DTS-HD Master Audio codec into the PS3 so that more than 10 million owners of one of the best selling computer entertainment systems can have the best sounding, most efficient and flexible audio technology available as well,” said Brian Towne, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Division at DTS. “DTS-HD Master Audio is fast becoming the must-have feature for high definition entertainment enthusiasts.”

"PS3 was designed to enable delivery of new and improved technologies like DTS-HD Master Audio," said Teiji Yutaka, Senior Vice President, Software Platform Development, SCE. "So we are delighted to be able to offer this capability to PS3 users."

Yeah sorry, this is hardly a reason to buy a PS3

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 09:12 AM
The only way to sway all the PC gamers to Xbox is to get FULL WASD support.

Comming from PC gaming myself, I went through the painful transition from WASD to controller, but I'm good at it now.* Between WASD and a controller (Xbox 360) they both have their ups and downs, but I think they are pretty much even.* WASD has quicker response but the xbox 360 controller is much more smoother, and has infinitly more variable movement than WASD, and lets face it, you don't run out of mouse pad, or space on your desk with a controller.

The best players on Xbox 360 could definetly match up to the best players on WASD in my opinion

(BTW, I was one of the first to pioneer in the keyboard and mouse play, people used to get FFFFFUUUUUUCKED up cuz no one ever used the mouse it wasn't widely supported like it is now)

anxiouz
04-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I lost faith in my 360 hardware and sold it and picked up a 60GB PS3 instead.* I have the unrealistic expectation that when I sit down to play a game, I can actually play a game.* *:2funny:* I'm exaggerating of course but the 360 hardware failure rate is absurdly high and I don't want to have to deal with warrantying the thing if that ever came up.

I think the 360 library is unbeatable really.* The PS3 doesn't even come close to having as many AAA titles even with Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo 5 coming out real soon.* But regardless, I still dig my PS3.* There's plenty of great stuff and Blu-Ray is wicked sweet.

The one thing I especially love about the PS3 is Remote Play.* It's amazing to me that I can take my PSP over to a neighbors house and watch my PS3 content and play PSOne games remotely on my PSP.* That's crazy.

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 10:41 AM
That's cool, I agree PS3 has some cool options, I'll get one down the road eventually.* But what you are saying about the Xbox 360 craping out all the time is just like dumb Evo owners that say the STI cost way more to upgrade, and that the STI is a shitty car.* It's blown way out of proportion so that PS3 can attempt to shit on 360's shit resistant quality.

It is true though that the first 360 models had some problems.

Alucard
04-11-2008, 10:44 AM
huh?

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 10:46 AM
huh?

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Does anyone have some Hi-res screenshots of a particular game for the PS3 that you think has graphics superior than the 360? It would be interesting to see.

Alucard
04-11-2008, 10:56 AM
GT5

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for your postwhorish 3 letter response Alucard :roll:

Sr20kidD
04-11-2008, 11:26 AM
drakes fortune is only using about 10% of the ps3 graphical capability and you know how good that game looks and play's already..

I wonder why EA only did 30 FPS for madden 08 on ps3 when it can clearly do 60. probably an MS payoff...

silvery_eagle
04-11-2008, 11:37 AM
my friend returned his suxcox360 to microsoft 3 times for repair / exchange, and ended up pissed off and sell it off on craigslist. you'd think they fixed the craping out issue already...

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 11:58 AM
drakes fortune is only using about 10% of the ps3 graphical capability and you know how good that game looks and play's already..

I wonder why EA only did 30 FPS for madden 08 on ps3 when it can clearly do 60. probably an MS payoff...

That's because the other "90%" (this percentage is not correct) developers have no idea how to unlock because it's a new technology, prepare to wait for a long while.

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 12:01 PM
my friend returned his suxcox360 to microsoft 3 times for repair / exchange, and ended up pissed off and sell it off on craigslist. you'd think they fixed the craping out issue already...

Most people don't have this problem, but yeah, enough do... I had it when I first got the xbox 360 when it came out, but later I never had the problem.

silvery_eagle
04-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Microsoft Surprisingly Admits That ALL Xbox 360s Are Defective

by Max Brenn 11:11, July 13th 2007

Last week’s announcement of an extended, three years warranty for Xbox 360 was just the beginning of Microsoft’s mea culpa saga: recently, Robbie Bach, president of the Entertainment and Devices Division at Redmond allegedly admitted that every console sold out there is suffering from design flaws that could eventually lead to the red ring of death.

Australian site CRN reports that Microsoft’s official informed financial analysts during a conference call of the design flaws that affect the Xbox 360, which have determined the high return rate. Apparently, all of the 11.6 million consoles reportedly sold by the end of June have this undisclosed issue, but Microsoft has taken the necessary steps to fix it.

"In the past couple of months we started to see significant increases in repair requests and call requests and significant attention from people," he said.

Despite keeping quiet about the design flaw that determined a return rate of up to 33%, Microsoft confirmed that consoles that are still in stock will be upgraded soon and that all customers with red-ring-of-death problems are entitles to free repairs and shipping, for the entire three-year warranty period. Microsoft estimated that the costs for this program will reach $1.15 billion.

A man who has had 8 consoles fail so far explains what he believes the issue with the hardware is.

"... the problem isn’t just with launch units. Of the 8 I’ve had so far, only 2 were manufactured in the first three months of launch. The last one I had red-ring on me was manufactured in November of ‘06 - a full year after launch.

The problem is that the cooling design of the 360 doesn’t hold up. The cooling of the CPU was well done, with a heat pipe to draw the heat away from the chip (and accordingly, away from the mainboard). The problem is that the GPU and its low-profile heatsink sit under the DVD drive, and are given a very narrow channel for air to be pulled across the heatsink by the fans. When the GPU heats up enough, not only does it reflow the solder in the ball grid array slightly, it can cause the entire mainboard to flex - a phenomenon largely caused by the X-shaped brackets that hold the heatsinks on under the mainboard. They hold the heatsinks down to the chips with a tension fit that presses up directly underneath those chips.

So when the system gets too hot, the combination of loosened solder with a mainboard that flexes from heat causes the GPU or CPU to actually break its connection from the board - resulting in the 3 red lights and secondary error code 0102 (the “unknown hardware error” code).

This is true of ALL systems manufactured thus far, not just the launch systems. Hopefully, Microsoft’s new measure of adding a heatpipe to the GPU heatsink will reduce the heat on the mainboard itself enough to keep this from happening. We shall see."

http://www.crn.com.au/News/55747,microsoft-facing-us115bn-xbox-360-repair-bill.aspx
http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60
http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Microsoft_Surprisingly_Admits_That_ALL_Xbox_3 60s_Are_Defective_07002.html

quote source :
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?s=69b742fd3c920227c1594f1130a2159f&t=506342&page=1&pp=25

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 12:15 PM

July 11th 2007 article:

U.S. In fact, in the last year we've added a new Xbox LIVE member every 8 seconds.*

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/11/xbox-360-facts-n-stats-are-statilicious/

That's every 8 seconds someone PAYS to have quality online service* O0

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Microsoft Surprisingly Admits That ALL Xbox 360s Are Defective

by Max Brenn 11:11, July 13th 2007

Last week’s announcement of an extended, three years warranty for Xbox 360 was just the beginning of Microsoft’s mea culpa saga: recently, Robbie Bach, president of the Entertainment and Devices Division at Redmond allegedly admitted that every console sold out there is suffering from design flaws that could eventually lead to the red ring of death.

Australian site CRN reports that Microsoft’s official informed financial analysts during a conference call of the design flaws that affect the Xbox 360, which have determined the high return rate. Apparently, all of the 11.6 million consoles reportedly sold by the end of June have this undisclosed issue, but Microsoft has taken the necessary steps to fix it.

"In the past couple of months we started to see significant increases in repair requests and call requests and significant attention from people," he said.

Despite keeping quiet about the design flaw that determined a return rate of up to 33%, Microsoft confirmed that consoles that are still in stock will be upgraded soon and that all customers with red-ring-of-death problems are entitles to free repairs and shipping, for the entire three-year warranty period. Microsoft estimated that the costs for this program will reach $1.15 billion.

A man who has had 8 consoles fail so far explains what he believes the issue with the hardware is.

"... the problem isn’t just with launch units. Of the 8 I’ve had so far, only 2 were manufactured in the first three months of launch. The last one I had red-ring on me was manufactured in November of ‘06 - a full year after launch.

The problem is that the cooling design of the 360 doesn’t hold up. The cooling of the CPU was well done, with a heat pipe to draw the heat away from the chip (and accordingly, away from the mainboard). The problem is that the GPU and its low-profile heatsink sit under the DVD drive, and are given a very narrow channel for air to be pulled across the heatsink by the fans. When the GPU heats up enough, not only does it reflow the solder in the ball grid array slightly, it can cause the entire mainboard to flex - a phenomenon largely caused by the X-shaped brackets that hold the heatsinks on under the mainboard. They hold the heatsinks down to the chips with a tension fit that presses up directly underneath those chips.

So when the system gets too hot, the combination of loosened solder with a mainboard that flexes from heat causes the GPU or CPU to actually break its connection from the board - resulting in the 3 red lights and secondary error code 0102 (the “unknown hardware error” code).

This is true of ALL systems manufactured thus far, not just the launch systems. Hopefully, Microsoft’s new measure of adding a heatpipe to the GPU heatsink will reduce the heat on the mainboard itself enough to keep this from happening. We shall see."

http://www.crn.com.au/News/55747,microsoft-facing-us115bn-xbox-360-repair-bill.aspx
http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60
http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Microsoft_Surprisingly_Admits_That_ALL_Xbox_3 60s_Are_Defective_07002.html

quote source :
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?s=69b742fd3c920227c1594f1130a2159f&t=506342&page=1&pp=25

I don't think all the people that love their xbox 360 care, Microsoft admits to it and is more than happy to help fix the problem

As far as my Xbox 360, and the majority of people out there, their xbox 360's are fine, and they love them.* But thanks for redundant info, we all know that already.

anxiouz
04-11-2008, 01:15 PM
There's no doubt people love their 360's...it's an awesome system.* But the actual hardware was poorly manufactured and a $1B cost to address the issue is astonishing.*

But back to comparing the 360 to the PS3.* It's not just about graphics.* The PS3 simply has more processing horsepower (so to speak) which can allow significant improvements to non-graphic but processor-intenstive things like AI.* It's always up to the developers to make the most of it though and so far they're still wrestling with things.* But the potential is definitely there.

And comparing graphics also brings up that the 360 developers have an extra year of development under their belts to learn the hardware.* So seeing a 360 game look identical to the PS3 version says to me that they got the PS3 version to look the same with a year less knowledge about the hardware.* Or with less effort. ;)

Alucard
04-11-2008, 01:57 PM

I R Serious Dog, Dis is Serious Thread

white9
04-11-2008, 02:08 PM
PC ftw, Been playing the same game for 10 years. I will never transition to a console ^^

Evo8urv8
04-11-2008, 02:13 PM
COD4 and the upcoming GEARS OF WAR 2 for 360 is all I care about. O0
(Also got COD4 for PC) :grin:

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 02:39 PM
There's no doubt people love their 360's...it's an awesome system.* But the actual hardware was poorly manufactured and a $1B cost to address the issue is astonishing.*

But back to comparing the 360 to the PS3.* It's not just about graphics.* The PS3 simply has more processing horsepower (so to speak) which can allow significant improvements to non-graphic but processor-intenstive things like AI.* It's always up to the developers to make the most of it though and so far they're still wrestling with things.* But the potential is definitely there.

And comparing graphics also brings up that the 360 developers have an extra year of development under their belts to learn the hardware.* So seeing a 360 game look identical to the PS3 version says to me that they got the PS3 version to look the same with a year less knowledge about the hardware.* Or with less effort. ;)

Well I agree with you, but from what i've read it's not as far beyond the 360 as many say.* Besides, I'm just talking about what I originally posted, mostly the online experience, and the mechanical workmanship of the 360 in general (besides the manufactuer fault of the soldering expanding and retracting causing damange, because obviously that is a mistake)

PS3 will never beat Xbox live.* If they ever do though, and they change there controller, I'll be on board.* I have faith in microsofts ability though, it really doesn't seem like that will ever happen.* Future Xbox consoles will most likely not fall behind Sony's processing power ever again, and of course will have blue ray now that HD DVD has been pretty much destroyed on the market.

COD4 and the upcoming GEARS OF WAR 2 for 360 is all I care about. O0
(Also got COD4 for PC) :grin:

Yeah, that too, hahaha ^ though I hope Gears 2 will incorporate CSHD or at least have dedicated servers. The host advantage is ridiculous.

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM

I R Serious Dog, Dis is Serious Thread

Okay, aside from the fact that I was just joking, is that how you really speak to people?* *:D

skylinefolife
04-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Ive been playing Starcraft for over 7 years and I've never gotten tired of that game. The consoles will never produce such a fun game that can last so many years. What a beautiful trilogy. Look at Counter-Strike... Wow, when it went to Xbox... Jesus Christ... Ill stick to my PC.

I havent encountered any problems with my 360, but I would pick a 360 over a PS3 anyday (i have a ps3 too) just because they have so many great games. PS needs to catch up quick.

I think XBOX Live is reasonably cheap and its great. You can download movies, games, software, a great community and they are always on top of things. I dont mind paying less than 4/month for xbox live.

Alucard
04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
U ma boi blue Want to buy my old PS2?

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the comedy relief ^ :)

mizzEVOthang
04-11-2008, 03:18 PM
We have all of the systems, but I can't pick a favorite between the PS3 and the 360. The Wii is just collecting dust right now.

We watch movies strictly on the PS3. The PS3's video quality seems much prettier than the 360. Also, our Rockband game is on PS3 (bf's brother had it for PS3, or else woulda bought it for the 360). I like the 360 live online gameplay a lot more than the PS3's. It's a lot easier to find ppl you've played with and the mic is more convenient when you wanna just say GG. I do think Rockband would be a lot more fun if we had it on 360 when playing online. *I love all the downloadable games that the 360 has to offer like Bomberman and my recent favorite... MR. DRILLER ONLINE!!! However, the Xbox controller hurts my thumbs after I've been playing awhile, yet no problems when playing PS for a long time.

One thing I will NEVER get use to is playing FPS games on the controller (xbox or ps). We have many FPS games for both systems, but I can't get use to looking around quickly with controller. I get dizzy and get killed when I barely get control of my crosshair. That's where the PC comes in with my all-time favorite... Counter-strike. That's the only game I play on the PC, other than the occasional online reversi or scrabble (scrabulous.com) =X.

If we had to get rid of one... I would probably choose to get rid of the PS3, since we can always buy a Blu-ray player later on. Then again, Gran Turismo is not out yet. I hope PS3 steps up their onlineplay features. I remember at E3 they were talking about some new community that was in the works. Hope it's comparable to Xbox Live.

PS. Babe,* your dub ^

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 03:22 PM
PS. Babe,* your dub ^

Huh?

mizzEVOthang
04-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I also bought a 360 just for Halo 3; im a big halo nerd :) I also cannot wait until the new GTA IV and Resident Evil 5 :)

I don't play Resident Evil, but I like watching my bf play it. I'll never forget that night he played in the dark. I was like "what's that tapping sound babe?" and then BAM! a zombie bursted through the window and we both SCREAMED out loud! Good times... I'll never play that game alone in the dark lol

white9
04-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Ultima Online for 10 years ^^

LiquidLife
04-11-2008, 03:29 PM
:-o :-o :-o ^^

anxiouz
04-11-2008, 05:26 PM
FWIW I think the 360 controller is flawless and the best console controller I've ever used.

And every time a PS3 game makes me use the Sixaxis crap I feel like an idiot...I hate the game for shoe-horning in a lame gimmick.

mystik_khmer
04-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Ive been playing Starcraft for over 7 years and I've never gotten tired of that game. The consoles will never produce such a fun game that can last so many years. What a beautiful trilogy. Look at Counter-Strike... Wow, when it went to Xbox... Jesus Christ... Ill stick to my PC.

STARCRAFT FTW!!.. yes PC games is to way to do.... no good games interest me on both PS3...XB360.. and sold my Wii recently got bored of it also...

skylinefolife
04-11-2008, 07:36 PM
resident evil always terrified me when i was younger, i still get scared though :)

SC FTW :)

i love use map settings lol.

vial8or
04-11-2008, 11:10 PM
FWIW I think the 360 controller is flawless and the best console controller I've ever used.

And every time a PS3 game makes me use the Sixaxis crap I feel like an idiot...I hate the game for shoe-horning in a lame gimmick.

ehh...not true. i can still play any N64 game to this day for hours.
mainly goldeneye, the super smash series, mario 64, and the GTA series as well. those have been out for years too.

besides, i always thought of games as starcraft and WOW and all those RPG things to be games for fags and ppl with no lives :D

mystik_khmer
04-11-2008, 11:29 PM

mainly goldeneye, the super smash series, mario 64, and the GTA series as well. those have been out for years too.

besides, i always thought of games as starcraft and WOW and all those RPG things to be games for fags and ppl with no lives :D

dude juss admit it.. you never got good at it.. hahaha FTL!!

vial8or
04-11-2008, 11:31 PM
i never got into pc games at all

skylinefolife
04-12-2008, 12:36 AM

starcraft is nothing like wow lol...
:|

a lot of weird people are infested by wow and diablo, sims, everquest and other type of rpgs... on yeah, and final fantasy.

skylinefolife
04-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Ultima Online for 10 years ^^

Really? Is that game similar to StarCraft? Hmm... I can't believe I have never heard of it.

vial8or
04-12-2008, 02:31 PM
what's starcraft than?
im assuming RPG that A TON of geeks dedicate their lives too, which is why i grouped it with WOW.

skylinefolife
04-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Starcraft is just like the upcoming Halo Wars. Its a simple game... A, B, and C. There is no "magic, spells, potions, powers" or anything of that nature. It is an RPG, but not like any other. You should try playing it once. What games do you play for your Xbox, PS, or whatever console you have?

K back to watching Star Wars ep. IV :)

vial8or
04-12-2008, 05:36 PM
^^lol
eh...im still not into rpg's though. they're boring for me.
i don't play 1/100th as much as i use to in HS, but generally i like all games.
racing, action, shooting, puzzle.
things like god of war, the GTA series, halo etc

skylinefolife
04-12-2008, 05:38 PM
^Oh... So im assuming you pre-ordered GTA IV? I know I would if I loved that game. IDK, but I never got into Diablo and WOW...

I cannot wait until StarCraft 2 comes out!

"Its about damn time!"

vial8or
04-12-2008, 05:44 PM
ill check out starcraft 2 when it comes out.
and lol...i don't pre-order games. that is about the geekiest thing you can do

i never pre-ordered san andreas, halo3, super smash brawl, or any other heave-hitter, and still got them same day.

it's all BS, stores have plenty in stock

mizzEVOthang
04-12-2008, 05:52 PM
OH now I remember what Starcraft is. My ex-bf used to play that all the time. All this time you guys were saying Starcraft, I was thinking Starfox... the one with the fox flying the plane. Duh

EVOL EDO
04-12-2008, 06:01 PM
starcraft is nothing like wow lol...
:|

a lot of weird people are infested by wow and diablo, sims, everquest and other type of rpgs... on yeah, and final fantasy.

infested? :buck2: either you are comparing wow and diablo to bugs taking over the world or you meant infatuated.

starcraft is nothing like wow but it is like warcraft. its a real time strategy where you have to build armies and kill other armies.

skylinefolife
04-12-2008, 07:10 PM
^ OR infatuated. thanks

so if i say, the streets that were infested with drugs.
then their would be lil bugs everywhere lol... yeah, i dont really care, but this isn't school and thank god because i'd be failing right now.

anyways, who else cant wait for Gran Turismo 5! I waited in line when the ps3 first came out for 1 night because I wanted to be the first one to get gt5 in the following summer and it never came out :*(

EVOL EDO
04-12-2008, 08:32 PM
no infested would work in the case of streets and drugs. its just has more to do with something taking overrunning something else. bugs came to mind before drugs.

yeah im waiting for gt5 too. prologue comes out soon, like wednesday i think, but the full game isnt due out for a while which sucks. sucks to pay 40 bucks for an incomplete game but im going to buy prologue anyways. i just ordered a g25 wheel today. now ill see if i like it. my ps3 may finally get some use

skylinefolife
04-12-2008, 08:55 PM
the only reason why i wouldn't buy prologue is because i dont want to spend 40 bucks on a trial version, you know?

ive waited about 1 year and i can wait almost another one for the full release... lol its sad :(

i just cant wait for mgs.

EVOL EDO
04-12-2008, 09:18 PM
yeah thats why i was torn. im still going to see what is actually available as part of the prologue before buying it. i will still probably end up buying it though. 2009 is a long ways away and 40 bucks for hours of fun is still cheaper than going to see 2 crappy movies in the theater.

skylinefolife
04-12-2008, 10:32 PM
^ lol good way to put it. i just hate playing a game and it ends right when it gets good :(
like any good trilogy... :(
this has no story, but everything will be limited. its true, we wont know what limits are their until the game releases. i will rent it for sure though XD

Unstroked
04-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Most "OG" computer game ever is Wolfenstein 3D!!!!

mystik_khmer
04-12-2008, 11:32 PM

how bout doom?.. LOL

skylinefolife
04-13-2008, 12:03 AM

omg i forgot about that one! lol hella og

ilovejdmchicks
04-13-2008, 01:53 AM
dig dug and jordan vs bird

LiquidLife
04-14-2008, 09:36 AM
ill check out starcraft 2 when it comes out.
and lol...i don't pre-order games. that is about the geekiest thing you can do

i never pre-ordered san andreas, halo3, super smash brawl, or any other heave-hitter, and still got them same day.

it's all BS, stores have plenty in stock

It's not the stores decision, it's the maker's decision on how to distribute games and when.

As far as pre-ordering, I pre-order all the time, I guess I'm a geek, cool. hahaha :)

LiquidLife
04-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Wolfenstein 3D made my stomach flu worse when I first played it.* It may have been the first, but it was the worst.* The next wolfenstein to come out wasn't any better, even though it looked better, hahaha.

Anyway, studies done on the PS3 and XBox 360 that came out a little while back found that the PS3's processor is actually 22 times faster than the 360's processor.*

You would think that it would show, but it doesn't really due to the architecture the PS3 processor is different (harder to use), and to utilize more of the processing power to make it stand out over the Xbox 360 like everyone has been waiting for, would cost more money basically pumping up game prices... the more of the processor is used to create better games on the PS3, the more it's going to cost.

This doesn't change the fact that Xbox 360 is superior in all the areas that count; for me anyway.

I think the game industry underestimates gamers.* If you build it...Nerds will come.

Time will tell...

mitsuEVO8kid
04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Personally, Im only buyng a PS3 for the Blu ray...Final Fantasy 13...and GT5 lol. Im not really buying it for much else since im not huge into multiplayer and with the PS3 its free online play. My .02

Sr20kidD
04-14-2008, 12:18 PM
OH now I remember what Starcraft is. My ex-bf used to play that all the time. All this time you guys were saying Starcraft, I was thinking Starfox... the one with the fox flying the plane. Duh

how dar eyo utalk about your ex while im sitting next to you..!!

no i paly it everyonce in a long while.. although i fogot all the build orders.. i just use operation black sheep wall and modify the phase variance.. hehee