PDA

View Full Version : launching aid by buschur racing

onesickevo
04-14-2008, 11:15 PM
have any of you purchased the launch aid from buschur racing??? if so how is it , does it really work.. how does it work!!

91_gsx
04-15-2008, 10:24 AM
there's video of it on youtube from bad bish. somewhere on evom

LBEVOGSR
04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Is it out on sale yet? Last I heard the Bad Bishh was still trying it out on his car. Looks promising though!

onesickevo
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Is it out on sale yet? Last I heard the Bad Bishh was still trying it out on his car. Looks promising though!

yeah i seen it forsale on their wesite!!! only like 300 i think! tight tho can you please link me to that video!!!! on evom

i_Love
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
$320 bux!

https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_26_135&products_id=1182

j_nizzle
04-15-2008, 11:13 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xhg1LJB20m4

link to the product "in action"

jaydm73
04-17-2008, 10:31 PM
nice idea

+1 more feedback would be nice though

1WkdEvo
04-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah, lets take the fun out of learning how to drive...woot woot

LBEVOGSR
04-18-2008, 09:16 AM
. Come on now buddy ol pal! Stop being so bitter! Lol jk. I think its a great idea.

vial8or
04-18-2008, 09:16 AM
nice idea

+1 more feedback would be nice though

^^lol +1!!!

Last night was my first time at the track (irwindale 1/8mile)

I'll admit the 1st time its kinda tricky trying to launch while holding down the ebrake.
This seems to make it a bit easier, but if you don't know how to launch you shouldn't be at the track

LBEVOGSR
04-18-2008, 09:21 AM
What were your times Josh? I've never used the e brake when I go there. Why did you use it? Were you rolling?

vial8or
04-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Well they said you have to (also i had to wear pants, i came with shorts! lol thats another story)

My 1st time was 8.93, and that was with a 2.2 reaction time and horrible 60' cuz i didn't know the light was green!!
my 2nd and last run was 8.5 flat. a bit better but at least i know i can hit under that now.

1WkdEvo
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
. Come on now buddy ol pal! Stop being so bitter! Lol jk. I think its a great idea.

:-)

If you can't learn to launch your car, buy an automatic pussies, LMAO!!!

Sean penn
04-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Well they said you have to (also i had to wear pants, i came with shorts! lol thats another story)

My 1st time was 8.93, and that was with a 2.2 reaction time and horrible 60' cuz i didn't know the light was green!!
my 2nd and last run was 8.5 flat. a bit better but at least i know i can hit under that now.

U need to use the e-brake @ irwendale. That track cause the car to roll if u have an mt

WW IX RS
04-18-2008, 11:49 AM

Whats up bro.!

When the light turns green it doesn't begin to affect your E.T., you can sit there for a year and it will not change what your car actually runs from the time it begins to move off the line to when it crosses the finish line. This does not account for someone beginning to roll off the line though.

You will find that cutting a 10th of a sec. off of the 60' time will just about cut 2 10th.'s at the finish line.

I don't know what your car has or weather its stock, but 8.50 is pretty good for a first time at the track. A stock IX with an experienced driver will run in the 8.20 to 8.30 range, but my car is an RS, don't know how much of a difference that makes? Your car will run faster when you get more practice!

WW IX RS
04-18-2008, 11:55 AM

You don't understand, if this system works its a grate idea!

When your car reaches a certain power point it is very hard to drive the car consistently when it is a manual trans. And to top that off a very high power AWD is that much more inconsistent and hard to 60' off the line when its making a ton of power. It isn't a matter of driver skill at that point anymore, or learning how to drive.

I hope this things works!

LBEVOGSR
04-18-2008, 12:06 PM
You don't need the ebrake at irwindale. I've been there more than 20 times and have never used it. The right lane is a bit flatter than the left one. With no launch at all, I cut an 8.3 at 84mph. That was with just a dp back and a drop in. I have yet to see a STOCK Evo hit an 8.2.

1WkdEvo
04-18-2008, 12:10 PM

When your car reaches a certain power point it is very hard to drive the car consistently when it is a manual trans. And to top that off a very high power AWD is that much more inconsistent and hard to 60' off the line when its making a ton of power. It isn't a matter of driver skill at that point anymore, or learning how to drive.

Actually I do understand and I just disagree. Having grown up with my dad driving BB funny cars and dragsters I have some inkling of what driving a high HP vehicle is all about. I certainly understand that this product can have astounding value for some people, but for me it removes an element of talent and expertise that takes away from the thrill.

vial8or
04-18-2008, 12:14 PM
You don't need the ebrake at irwindale. I've been there more than 20 times and have never used it. The right lane is a bit flatter than the left one. With no launch at all, I cut an 8.3 at 84mph. Â*That was with just a dp back and a drop in. I have yet to see a STOCK Evo hit an 8.2.

IDK I was in the right lane both times, it moved a bit forward when the e-brake wasn't on.

and I'm with 1wkdevo, that's like putting paddle shifters on a manual car. It takes the fun out of learning how to drive stick and mastering it

WW IX RS
04-18-2008, 12:27 PM

Actually I do understand and I just disagree. Having grown up with my dad driving BB funny cars and dragsters I have some inkling of what driving a high HP vehicle is all about. I certainly understand that this product can have astounding value for some people, but for me it removes an element of talent and expertise that takes away from the thrill.
LoL. BB funny cars aren't AWD the last time I checked. I never said you don't have an idea of what it is to drive a high horsepower car either, not sure where you got that from?

And as far as talent goes, no matter how talented, or how much of an expert you are humans make mistakes. Go on Evo M and talk to some of the people with very high horsepower AWD cars, allot of those guys have experience with very powerful RWD and or FWD's. See what they have to say about driving a drag AWD compared to the other platforms.

Sean penn
04-18-2008, 12:30 PM
this is good for street racing!

WW IX RS
04-18-2008, 12:31 PM
You don't need the ebrake at irwindale. I've been there more than 20 times and have never used it. The right lane is a bit flatter than the left one. With no launch at all, I cut an 8.3 at 84mph. Â*That was with just a dp back and a drop in. I have yet to see a STOCK Evo hit an 8.2.

IDK I was in the right lane both times, it moved a bit forward when the e-brake wasn't on.

and I'm with 1wkdevo, that's like putting paddle shifters on a manual car. It takes the fun out of learning how to drive stick and mastering it
Yeah, I always used the E-brake at Irwindale because my car would roll if I didn't. Didn't matter what lane I was on...

WW IX RS
04-18-2008, 12:36 PM
You don't need the ebrake at irwindale. I've been there more than 20 times and have never used it. The right lane is a bit flatter than the left one. With no launch at all, I cut an 8.3 at 84mph. That was with just a dp back and a drop in. I have yet to see a STOCK Evo hit an 8.2.
There you go!

There is a guy that goes there often with a TB IX. He is consistently in the 8.20 range, and I was in the 8.2x's also. One of my buddy's which is also a IX RS hit 8.3x with just a cat delete, and he bogged bad off the line at that.

vial8or
04-18-2008, 12:42 PM
i think i saw that TB IX last night. they told me he ran like 8.0

1WkdEvo
04-18-2008, 12:44 PM

LoL. BB funny cars aren't AWD the last time I checked. I never said you don't have an idea of what it is to drive a high horsepower car either, not sure where you got that from?

And as far as talent goes, no matter how talented, or how much of an expert you are humans make mistakes. Go on Evo M and talk to some of the people with very high horsepower AWD cars, allot of those guys have experience with very powerful RWD and or FWD's. See what they have to say about driving a drag AWD compared to the other platforms.

Again, you are so caught up in being defensive you miss my point. Â*AWD is not relevant to my point because we are talking about feel and what I like as a driver. Â*

I will give you an example that you might be able to understand:

I traded in my STi for the Evo because of "feel" Â*The Evo just makes you feel like you are more a part of the car, of the experience than a Subi does.

Well I fell the same about a manual tranny and using ait the right way. Â*I am not arguing that shifting with a standard tranny sans this shifting device "when your car reaches a certain power point" (Your words) is easy or that this device will not make you faster. Â*What I am saying is that to me it removes an element of talent, expetise, and thrill from driving. Â*Since I love to drive, I like the energy, the thrill, the need to be absoltuley in tune with my car, I prefer not to use these artificial aids. Â*

You say no matter how good you are people make mistakes...I say EXACTLY, that's the point of not having the aid. Â*The aid eliminates human error and equalizes the field too much. Â*Isn't the point to not only compare cars, but your ability to minimize mistakes. Â*I am on Evom a lot and I have seen this device for a while, so Ill forgive the condescending insinuation that I don't, but it changes nothing about how me and many others feel about such a device. Â*It takes the thrill away for me, end of story.

And if you think driving an AWD Evo is harder than a BB funny car, you are smoking some good stuff man and I would love to meet up to get some from you!

WW IX RS
04-18-2008, 01:05 PM

Again, you are so caught up in being defensive you miss my point. AWD is not relevant to my point because we are talking about feel and what I like as a driver.

I will give you an example that you might be able to understand:

I traded in my STi for the Evo because of "feel" The Evo just makes you feel like you are more a part of the car, of the experience than a Subi does.

Well I fell the same about a manual tranny and using ait the right way. I am not arguing that shifting with a standard tranny sans this shifting device "when your car reaches a certain power point" (Your words) is easy or that this device will not make you faster. What I am saying is that to me it removes an element of talent, expetise, and thrill from driving. Since I love to drive, I like the energy, the thrill, the need to be absoltuley in tune with my car, I prefer not to use these artificial aids.

You say no matter how good you are people make mistakes...I say EXACTLY, that's the point of not having the aid. The aid eliminates human error and equalizes the field too much. Isn't the point to not only compare cars, but your ability to minimize mistakes. I am on Evom a lot and I have seen this device for a while, so Ill forgive the condescending insinuation that I don't, but it changes nothing about how me and many others feel about such a device. It takes the thrill away for me, end of story.

And if you think driving an AWD Evo is harder than a BB funny car, you are smoking some good stuff man and I would love to meet up to get some from you!
Honestly I think we are both missing each others points, lol.. I will leave it at that.

I do feel you 100% on your point about the STI vs. EVO though.. I just sold my STI and decided to stay with just the Evo, I didn't like my STI much at all..

And again, I never said driving a High power Evo is harder than driving a bb funny car, I just said they aren't AWD.. I honestly would not know since I have never driven a BB funny car or a 700+ whp Evo... I'm just stating what people that have driven both of these kinds of cars have said, lol. You would think they know what they are saying since they have something to go by to compare you know?

And I don't do drugs or drink, but if your into that kind of thing I have some people, lol.....

xxxAce21xxx
04-18-2008, 01:19 PM

WTF 620 AWHP ON PUMP GAS Wow Just Wow does anyone know if this is true ?

1WkdEvo
04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
LOL, agreed and if I don't get enough on my trip to Amsterdam, Ill hit you up :-)

j_nizzle
04-19-2008, 11:25 AM

you sound like ronnie...LOL will never believe a dyno number unless it was his own car.

xxxAce21xxx
04-20-2008, 05:16 AM

i want to beleive whats ur opinion on this ?

you sound like ronnie...LOL will never believe a dyno number unless it was his own car.

j_nizzle
04-20-2008, 01:32 PM

i want to beleive whats ur opinion on this ?

i think the dyno is rigged up to read higher hp...kinda like a dynapack.

they also have 93 octane, but 30psi on 93 in my opinion is dangerously aggressive. tuners here have been able to run mid 20's on 91 so who knows?

he has an hta37r and a built 2.0L

speculating dyno numbers will always be a debate among enthusiasts while there isnt an "end-all" 1 correct dyno to use. im sure people who were there and saw the numbers would believe them. but with everything, unless there is one proven method with no loop holes and/or room for error, i take it with a grain of salt.

1WkdEvo
04-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Plus I didn't get to see him fill his tank so who knows if pure 93 is all that is in there :-) Agree with J though, unless you get to control every aspect of the test and unless every single person used the same dyno with the exact same weather conditions, then all it is is an approximate number for you to reach for with your setup

xxxAce21xxx
04-20-2008, 04:09 PM
hmmmmm good information guys thanks for ur opinions i was really curious about this and i dont know too much about dyno's and how they read and such

onesickevo
04-21-2008, 11:35 AM
But you guys dont get the point in using the launch aid! its so you dont brake none of your parts so it wont cost you money to learn to launch it! why learnto launch it and pay money for it! thats dumb! Id rather save money and launch perfect all the time!!!! for those of you who said you rather learn , good luck paying for the clutches on the way to perfecting the launch! and not too mention if you brake something in the drivetrain!!! hahahaha

j_nizzle
04-21-2008, 11:52 AM
But you guys dont get the point in using the launch aid! its so you dont brake none of your parts so it wont cost you money to learn to launch it! why learnto launch it and pay money for it! thats dumb! Id rather save money and launch perfect all the time!!!! for those of you who said you rather learn , good luck paying for the clutches on the way to perfecting the launch! and not too mention if you brake something in the drivetrain!!! hahahaha

you didnt have to type that. anyone with working ears that had access to youtube could hear pete (U2SLO on EvoM) or Al @ dynoflash say the same thing.

onesickevo
04-21-2008, 12:33 PM

you didnt have to type that. anyone with working ears that had access to youtube could hear pete (U2SLO on EvoM) or Al @ dynoflash say the same thing.

some people have slow internet so there not able to hear nor see the vid!

j_nizzle
04-21-2008, 12:34 PM

some people have slow internet so there able to hear nor see the vid!

lol...good point.

xxxAce21xxx
04-21-2008, 02:48 PM
so i really wanna get parts from buschure now becuz that video of that dude putting down 620AWHP on pump was impressive

j_nizzle
04-21-2008, 02:49 PM
so i really wanna get parts from buschure now becuz that video of that dude putting down 620AWHP on pump was impressive

you cant go wrong with that. buschur makes some top-notch products. it depends what you want though, some of his parts are just other's with his name stamped on it. so do some research before you fork out money for some of it.

xxxAce21xxx
04-21-2008, 03:37 PM

you cant go wrong with that. buschur makes some top-notch products. it depends what you want though, some of his parts are just other's with his name stamped on it. so do some research before you fork out money for some of it.

Thanks for the Advice =D

vial8or
04-21-2008, 04:52 PM
8)

1WkdEvo
04-21-2008, 05:22 PM

I am so tired of people saying I do not get the point...I see your point, I just disagree, can't you guys get that through your fkn heads? Using launch aid takes a certain human element out of the sport. Sport should be about the variances in ability, grit, determination, propensity to learn, and hard work. Technical advancements play a part in every sport, but the question is where to draw the line. At some point, the human element gets so diluted that the sport becomes soulless and for me, that takes away from the thrill.

Yes, this will make you faster, yes it might save you money, yes it will make you less nervous at the line, but it will not provide as pure a contest of human ability than running wihtout it.

Buy it, beat me, and love it, that's fine, but it has nothing to do with me getting it and everything to do with me appreciating the purity of the sport.

phazed
06-19-2008, 06:58 PM

I am so tired of people saying I do not get the point...I see your point, I just disagree, can't you guys get that through your fkn heads? Using launch aid takes a certain human element out of the sport. Sport should be about the variances in ability, grit, determination, propensity to learn, and hard work. Technical advancements play a part in every sport, but the question is where to draw the line. At some point, the human element gets so diluted that the sport becomes soulless and for me, that takes away from the thrill.

Yes, this will make you faster, yes it might save you money, yes it will make you less nervous at the line, but it will not provide as pure a contest of human ability than running wihtout it.

Buy it, beat me, and love it, that's fine, but it has nothing to do with me getting it and everything to do with me appreciating the purity of the sport.

+1

Especially if your tracking your car. Its like having a manual but having it shift for you if that makes sense. (Or converting your manual to an automatic) Its not a test of skill if you use a handicap like this.

dsmdeliveryboy
06-25-2008, 09:29 PM
This thing is cool, I dont think I could ever see myself with one though

littlejap33
04-30-2009, 04:15 PM
launch control sounds cool =P

Sam Smash
05-04-2009, 06:46 PM
these are the same guys that hate the evo x mr cause they cant play with a clutch hhahahahaa

honestly, i use a monkey to drive my evo. he is way faster changing gears and working the clutch than i am.

my monkey ftw

evolved13
03-20-2010, 05:12 PM
If I had my Evo set up with this, it would not take long before I would hook up a radio-controlled steering linkage and I could drag race while I filmed it from the grandstand!

HMatt
03-21-2010, 02:31 PM
The thing is... you still have to adjust this thing... so it really depends on how fast a learner you are... If you can get it down in 3 or 4 runs, then this thing is obviously worthless to you... If you are the kinda guy that can't get this down and have already burnt up a clutch doing this, then you might want to consider it.

I got it down pretty good within the first couple times of trying it. But... in the interest on making yourself more consistant, I can see where this could come in handy for the drag warriors out there...