PDA

View Full Version : GT5 Prologue comes out tomorrow....anyone down for some online battle??

Lancer EVO IX
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
GT5 Prologue officially hits stores tomorrow.Â* Are any of u guys down to race online tomorrow night?Â* Up to 16 players can race online simultaneously.Â* Â*:smitten:

this guy is racing w/ an R34 online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXz2UyGB3-I

this is the same guy showing off the Logitech G25 (the one w/ a real clutch) and GT5.....this guy is outrageous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g2YS5jA4m8

hellgunner
04-15-2008, 09:23 PM
how is it?

llvllattP
04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
i heard u cant invite friends

ebevo
04-16-2008, 10:39 AM
going to get the game hopefully today :smitten:

that would suck if you can't set up an online session with friends only :uglystupid2:

1st link with R34 driver pretty clean laps but definitely has some room for improvement too bad he doesn't show his lap times

evobeaner
04-16-2008, 10:21 PM
add me as " bossosaurus "

vial8or
04-17-2008, 02:18 AM
hmm...shit looks legit.

i want that steering wheel, the g25 logitech that he has.

how is his all setup like that? anything extra you need to buy? anybody here using that steering wheel?

llvllattP
04-17-2008, 07:09 AM
hey josh i can sell u the steering wheel and pedals...doesnt come with clutch...but has stick...also it was made for the gran turismo series

EVOL EDO
04-17-2008, 09:41 AM
g25

hmm...shit looks legit.

i want that steering wheel, the g25 logitech that he has.

how is his all setup like that? anything extra you need to buy? anybody here using that steering wheel?

the g25 comes with the 3 pedals, shifter, and wheel. retail on it is 300, you can get it for around 250 if you look. i picked one up this weekend for 190 off of overstock after 10% off code and 8% cash back on my credit card. the seat looks like the playseats classic with the g25 shifter bracket. i cant tell for sure because its dark. after i test out my wheel to see if i like it im going to look more seriously into getting a seat. anyone know any good setups that dont cost thousands of dollars and will support the shifter?

i_Love
04-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Dang you guys have been missing out for the past month or so! I've been playing the chinese version! Graphics are awesome... The evoX in the game is super fast for stock...

diegoalunan
04-17-2008, 10:03 AM
man i need to get this game so we can have some online action.. im saving up for that steering wheel :twisted: :twisted: :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :angel: :D :D

philthyevo
04-17-2008, 10:11 AM
I got this game yesterday and wow, it's really amazing.Â* It's full 1080p (for those who have the setup) and it looks like one of the best video games I've ever seen.Â* Really feels good too--great physics and AI engines.Â* These are the cars I've driven so far:

G35 Sedan (Skyline GT)
Evo XÂ* Â* :mitsu:
06 STI :buck2:
05 GTI
RSX
Mustang GT
Z4 Roadster
Oh and the GT-RÂ* O0

I must say the EVO X has the best controlÂ* O0 and the GT-R is the fastest.Â* Then again I haven't won enough races to get the super expensive cars like the Audi R8 and many others.Â*

Anyone considering this game, GO AND GET IT TODAY!Â* It's for PS3 only but it's 39.99 !!Â* (I guess they're gonna add stuff later that you can purchase online, but for 40 bucks, its aÂ* pretty full game.)

vial8or
04-17-2008, 10:26 AM
damn, thx everybody for the input on the steering wheel. ill see whats up matt

and evol edo, let me know how it turns out, cuz i'm picking it all up today. i just worry because without the seat im sure it would be akward trying to put it on a table or something ghetto

philthyevo
04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
This is the Steering Wheel/Shifter/Real Clutch that Lancer Evo IX posted at the top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB_kWmbmX6I

WOW

vial8or
04-17-2008, 10:40 AM
^^yup, that's the logitech G25.
Ok, last question, I did some quick googling, has anybody actually used this G25 on the PS3??
It says it's for PS2, and you need some kind of adapter to make it work with the PS3.

Anyone?

EVOL EDO
04-17-2008, 10:49 AM
there are tons of videos using the g25 on gt5 so yes it works for the ps3. on the logitech sight it is also under the ps3 section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_G25 lists games it works with supposedly. it doesnt say anything about an adaptor, and i have never read anything about an adaptor being needed for the ps3 but i guess ill find out. its on truck for delivery as of 6 this mornin so i probably wont get it til 5 because fed ex is slow.

vial8or
04-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Awesome. I only looked at the best buy site, and a couple forums. It said you need an adaptor, so thats why I asked.

$190 is a killer price you paid. I'll try shopping around to find something around there

EVOL EDO
04-17-2008, 11:05 AM
229 - 10% off with code so it was 206. and my chase rewards card happened to be offering offering 8% cash back on overstock purchases. so thats another 16 bucks off when the cash rewards show up. i was going to post up the 229-10% deal but by the time i ordered there was only 3 left in stock. cheapest i found it before that was 245 at amazon.

i wish i knew how to weld so i could make my own driver seat using an evo seat.

jeric
04-17-2008, 11:21 AM
wow this game's getting so realistic...only thing i can think of missing is the e-brake....lol but i guess that's not too much of a concern for our cars...

GreaseFRT
04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Man! Â*I played last night with my driving force pro - now I want that G25!! Â*there goes a mod!!

GreaseFRT
04-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Oh yea - for those of you wondering - in the game controller set up screen - it has options for Driving force, DF Pro, DF, DF GT and the G25.

AaronI1
04-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Aaron701

add me guys. im playing right now.

vial8or
04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Hmm...I know people who weld, ill try to custom fab something.
worse case scenario is I'm sitting in a chair with the wheel on my lap, and the gear selector on a desk next to me haha

Lets battle tonight!!

AaronI1
04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
yo josh, you picked up a ps3?

GreaseFRT
04-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Hmm...I know people who weld, ill try to custom fab something.
worse case scenario is I'm sitting in a chair with the wheel on my lap, and the gear selector on a desk next to me haha

Lets battle tonight!!

Hmmm - maybe a use for my stock driver's seat!?!?!

llvllattP
04-17-2008, 11:52 AM
im downloading it right now on the playstation store...it will take maybe 2 more hours...

its like a 3 hour download

vial8or
04-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Aaron I've had one since like november

llvllattP
04-17-2008, 12:00 PM
so the people who have it....is it true cant cant play with ur friends only...it automatically just joins whoever?

AaronI1
04-17-2008, 12:12 PM
josh, what was all that shit talking about the ps3? haha. i thought you were a die hard 360 fan and ps3 has shitty games

vial8or
04-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Wtf u swear. I'm not a fanboi.
I still think the 360 is better by 100x.

Its just I wanted a blu ray player and its the best one.
That, and there are a few ps3 games coming out I wanna play.

Btw what limits are in prologue? Can u modify the cars?

AaronI1
04-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Wtf u swear. I'm not a fanboi.
I still think the 360 is better by 100x.

Its just I wanted a blu ray player and its the best one.
That, and there are a few ps3 games coming out I wanna play.

Btw what limits are in prologue? Can u modify the cars?

no, doesnt seem like you can modify the cars. i think they're saving that for the actual gt5.

vial8or
04-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Thought so...
Well it still looks tight.

1080p hdmi ftw!!!

ebevo
04-17-2008, 02:01 PM
I got this game yesterday and wow, it's really amazing. It's full 1080p (for those who have the setup) and it looks like one of the best video games I've ever seen. Really feels good too--great physics and AI engines. These are the cars I've driven so far:

G35 Sedan (Skyline GT)
Evo X :mitsu:
06 STI :buck2:
05 GTI
RSX
Mustang GT
Z4 Roadster
Oh and the GT-R O0

I must say the EVO X has the best control O0 and the GT-R is the fastest. Then again I haven't won enough races to get the super expensive cars like the Audi R8 and many others.

Anyone considering this game, GO AND GET IT TODAY! It's for PS3 only but it's 39.99 !! (I guess they're gonna add stuff later that you can purchase online, but for 40 bucks, its a pretty full game.)

how did you earn $$$ so quickly and buy those cars?

I got the game last night. Didn't play it until late last night since I was in a serious smack down zone in ninja gaiden sigma. True dragon sword UT is crazy :knuppel2:

I was disappointed in the initial CR 35K you get to spend on a car. evo IX was like 700 hundred over budget(35.7). What a cock block >:(

I spent so much time thumbing through the different car manufactures and into the individual car model overview only to see I can't afford it. I wish they would just highlight/outline which car company/vehicle you can purchase based on how much CR you have available.

I won gold cups on some events in the C class. I got bored and tried the online feature. I had to DL and then wait while it install some updates. That pretty much ended my night/attention span.

Is there a way to skip all this different class /CR earning rubbish? I just want to have the cars unlocked and pick my car I want to race in just like in the Prologue demo version.

Advice on the G25 wheel you will need something sturdy to mount this sucker on. The motor's inside this unit are strong as hell and can easily come loose in a heated battle. Annoying feature of the G25 is it does this 900 degree wheel to wheel lock test every time you load a game/something. When it reaches wheel lock makes a big THUMP noise and I have ppl in another room hear that sound and ask WTF is that. Kinda like how a boost gauge does the sweeping check on start up.

The shifter gate needs some work. It really feels like a chinsy plastic play toy when you bang through the gears in gate shifter mode. 6th gear is the worst to slide into goes into 4th 80% of the time in GT5 prologue. I just leave it in 5th gear.

There is just a usb cable you plug into your ps3 to connect the unit. The G25 has power adapter you will need to plug into an electrical outlet as well. No need for a special adapter to work with the ps3.

The pedal themselves are brilliant with each pedal offering a different resistance feel.

I still haven't gotten the clutch pedal to work in this game. I tried pushing triangle button at the start of the race like some posted in the youtube link comment to enable it...no bueno. I just leave it under the sequential shifter setting and use the paddle shifters and do STNL.

I have the same playseat chair someone posted in one gaming thread. Only complaint is that the pole that holds up/supports the the steering wheel unit is like right in between your legs where your knees are so you hit the pole when you go from throttle to brake pedal. Reason for this is because in the older models the steering wheel support base pole extended from the foot rest all the way to where you would hold the steering wheel. Basically one long ass pole that would sag/bend over time due to the steering wheel weight.

Another thing is the additional separate cost of the shifter gate mount for the chairseat. $80 bux more for a piece of metal to stick out on the side of your chair to hold mount that shifter console. Fk that rip off I made my own shifter mount with a $5 walmart plastic step tool, a telephone book, and some cargo/truck bed racket strap.

I would say the chair is comfortable/very sturdy but after a couple of hours you do want to stand up and stretch. It just takes up space and I don't even consider setting up/tearing down for each game session just let it take up space. Have like a table cloth to cover it up so dust doesn't get into the crevices.

Oh ya post up dates on the online feature like can you create online games where you invite friends only?

Or do you just get dumped into a session with random ppl?

Oh ya the I brought the instruction manual with me to work and basically half of the manual is pure credits of brown on the nose to the companies that allowed their logo/trademark to grace the game. I was looking for simple things like what the heck does event, race, and all those other menus mean what purpose they serve. The book says refer to the game for more details LMAO

I think I should've DL the game at least the load times would've been quicker. :crazy2:

vial8or
04-17-2008, 03:40 PM
^^damn.
I was hoping the G25 would be a bit more better if I'm going to drop almost 3 bills.
I just bought the game from best buy, about to load it up.

Kinda sad to hear I can't buy my IX just yet! haha

GreaseFRT
04-17-2008, 03:46 PM
The GT Tuned version of the IX looks pretty cool - and for 60K - not too bad of a grind.

vial8or
04-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Damn it's taking forever so far.
It's installing GT Prologue right now.
Why is it installing the game if I bought it???

GreaseFRT
04-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Yea - just like Devil May Cry - took like 20 minutes to load files - supposed to save time in game....

vial8or
04-17-2008, 04:01 PM
^^gay.

it didn't do that for rockband.

Well it finished, hopefully the loading goes smooth and fast. so far soo good!!

GreaseFRT
04-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Mine took too long - that combines with the frimware 2.30 update and then GT5 ALREADY had an update to download - took me 40 minutes before I could play......

EVOL EDO
04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
took me over an hour before i could play i was like wtf ok crap i need to update my ps3 20 mins, crap i need to install gt3 20 mins, ok there is an update, 20 mins. what a waste of time. what is the point of having such a big media storage if it has to install it to the hd anyways.

ebevo
04-17-2008, 04:13 PM
^^damn.
I was hoping the G25 would be a bit more better if I'm going to drop almost 3 bills.
I just bought the game from best buy, about to load it up.

Kinda sad to hear I can't buy my IX just yet! haha

don't me wrong the wheel is the best I've tested in terms of actually feel/feedback during game play

I'd just pointed out some things that annoy me and what kinda of set up you would need in order to enjoy the wheel. I think the whole lap thing wouldn't work too well on this wheel. I use do that on my ps2 with the older wheels.

tell me about it the cock blocker of being short 700 hundred dollars of buying/starting off in an evo IX

BTW I chose the mini thinking it would grip like a gokart aka Italian job. It sucked so bad only way I could pick up acceleration speed if the wheel was pointing straight. Going back and restart choose the RSX typeR

That's why I gave up last night attempting to play online...too laggy on the DL and install wait time. I know how frustrating the install time can be.

Also if it spent all this time installing onto the HDD why do I need the disc to play. :idiot2:

vial8or
04-17-2008, 04:14 PM
^^lmao!!!

K i thought mine was wrong or something.
The update, than to install the game. ughh whatever it's done now.
Damn an X is 42k?? Sam smash that price! haha

I chose an rx8 and won my 1st match. finished in 3:14 :)

soo close to my ix

ebevo
04-17-2008, 04:19 PM
I thought about the rx8...RWD with decent HP...but lack of TQ kept me away

Might chose that car when I restart today.

EVOL EDO
04-17-2008, 04:21 PM
i bought a gti as my first car. smashed on all the races so far but its only c class so doesnt mean anything. i have enough to buy a X now though

vial8or
04-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Damn the rx8 needs major torque haha. but its decent.

Almost have enough for my ix :)

Than i'll try the 135i

EVOL EDO
04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
its retarded i should have just bought an itr from the start i didnt know you needed it for only 1 race. and you also need a cappuchino for a couple races.Â* i so i ended up buying 3 cars just to get through c class.Â* getting used to the g25 is hard.Â* i cant get the clutch to work and i dont know how to get the paddles to work

I just leave it under the sequential shifter setting and use the paddle shifters and do STNL.

where is this setting? also i dont have a g25 setup under the steering wheels under options. am i missing something?

AaronI1
04-17-2008, 09:41 PM
my first car was the focus st. now i have a few cars including a IX and X. i already put mad hours on this game.

philthyevo
04-17-2008, 11:16 PM
EBEVO: The first car I got was a RSX -- I too was a bit bummed I couldn't jump into the EVO..but actually I get 5K for every race I win and after a few races I got the EVO X. Every other car I got after that just didn't feel right. But the thing is on some tracks you HAVE to use a lessor/lighter car and win. The most challenging one and I've been playing it a lot is this one track on the C class, it's either the very last one or a couple up from the bottom. It's 1 lap, you can only use an RSX --so you gotta buy that.

Because it's one lap you can't make a mistake and its tough, I still haven't got 1st place on it yet (7500 bucks) but I got 2nd place like 20 times and started collecting cars. Cool part is the sounds of their engines are pretty accurate. It's a bit repetative but I'm digging it. I haven't gone on to B yet cause I gotta finsih every race and for a lot of them, I can't even use the EVO X so it's tougher playing with shittier cars.

Patience young Skywalker, and you shall be powerful enough to buy cars.

I hope you can mod the cars with the online updates..that would make this game complete.

As far as the G25, I almost got it earlier...I guess Amazon was the cheapest, most reliable website to buy from and it was 267 with tax and all. But I decided to just wait til I see it for around 200 bucks. Maybe CHristmas time...but hey, if there is a game to make you get that G25 thing, GT5 is the one. I read on the last page that it doesn't feel right somehow and there are issues switching into 6th? Hmm..

ebevo
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
its retarded i should have just bought an itr from the start i didnt know you needed it for only 1 race. and you also need a cappuchino for a couple races.Â* i so i ended up buying 3 cars just to get through c class.Â* getting used to the g25 is hard.Â* i cant get the clutch to work and i dont know how to get the paddles to work

I just leave it under the sequential shifter setting and use the paddle shifters and do STNL.

where is this setting? also i dont have a g25 setup under the steering wheels under options. am i missing something?

I'm going to try use the g25 today and see if it works for this USA ver. To get the shifter console into sequential shifter mode. You have to put the gear in netural and push down on the knob. Then turn/crank the dial to the left. I had a tough time figuring out why the crank dial won't snap into place when I first got the wheel. This should get you to use the paddle shifters.

Don't worry my times did suffer when I switched to the g25 wheel but you'll get the timing down soon. The benefits you reap by pulling off more consistent lines and fine touches like sawing the wheel make it worth the learning curve.

okay I started off last night on the wrong foot...drowsy from my meds...I accidentally deleted the installed game folder for GT5 thinking it was the saved game folder because I wanted to redo my initial car pick. :buck2:

There went 1 hour of waiting for DL and reinstall of the game and online patches. I didn't feel like moving the playseat chair and the g25 at that moment so I played with the standard controller, surprised on how well I did. I picked the VDUB and won enough cash to buy the sexiness known as mica blue *WTF* evo IX. It's EB a$$ how dare they defile the sexiest color.

I then spent the rest of the night racing online with the evoIX. You rack up more $$ racing online compared to the prize money you earn doing C class events.

Impressions of online play. Depending on your license level and car type you can only select certain online tracks/sessions to play. I had no license so I had to stick in the beginners track. Once I selected the track I wanted I went into this pool where it was matching me with other players and randomly determined my race start position so begins the race.

I don't know if it was my wireless but damn it became "expected" to see other online players to do the DBZ instant teleportation technique or turning transparent and I go right through them. Some games just got plain stupid when players were just swerving all over the place trying to cause a chain reaction crash. I saw a few evo IX drivers that I kept seeing in my sessions (maduke,RR color),(sharp-xx,LY color). I am tempted to try the OG RJ45 cable to see if that helps any.

I hated the players that were chosen/picked to be the host of the game and saw them wipe out and they quit the session = disconnected all the remaining players. Finish the race with pride/honor.

I saw a ton of RX8 drivers. They were asshats for the most part. RX7s, 350 Fairladys, 335is were clean drivers majority of them. Didn't see alot of subarus compared to mitsu drivers.

Suggestions I recommend reading the game manual section when you are running the game. It blows the paper/hard copy version that came with the disc ver. 30 pages of actually info explaining the game like how it decides the penalty deductions, how it pairs online players, etc.

llvllattP
04-18-2008, 12:05 PM
i just finished my B class...

i have evo ix, evo ix tuned, suzki capp, skyline gtr 07',honda integ type R

llvllattP
04-18-2008, 12:07 PM
and crash damage for the prologue (which is a free update) is coming out this autum

ebevo
04-18-2008, 12:15 PM
about time that crash damage patch was considered...maybe now those drivers that like to smash will be quick to realize they won't go far in the race

*prays* they get it right

good job on the B class update for the most part I don't really enjoy the license earning part of the game.

I'm going to be chilling online racing for the most part and along with time attacks.

I'm waiting for the person that's going to post their saved file with all 71 cars. S,A,B and C Class events complete. Buahhha :twisted:

Don't forget the F12007 :-P

EVOL EDO
04-18-2008, 01:14 PM
yeah i figured out how to use the paddle shifters last night. i either had it in gear which didnt work or i had it clicked in all the way to the left, which clicks the shifter down for some reason, which also didnt work. now i just turn the dial until right before it clicks and teh paddles work. i still havnt gotten the clutch to work yet. the 6 speed shifter works fine but the clutch doesnt do anything. it reminds me of daytona usa where there was a shifter with no clutch. im getting better but its still hard. you have to slow down a lot with the wheel and take turns cleaner.

philthyevo
04-18-2008, 02:24 PM
i just finished my B class...

i have evo ix, evo ix tuned, suzki capp, skyline gtr 07',honda integ type R

Hey I only saw EVO IX and EVO X--2 options under Mitsubishi...how did you get the EVO IX tuned???

vial8or
04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
^^it's all the way on the right hand side, under something called special cars or prototypes or something like that, you'll see it

HaVoK23
04-18-2008, 03:17 PM
The game opens up after you finish the A B C classes... into a S class and you "tune" your cars for the race your racing. People are asshats online racing....it's more like destruction derby then anything

EVOL EDO
04-18-2008, 04:29 PM
^^ thats because in gran turismo crashing = faster laptimes. its getting away from it more and more in the newer ones, but depending on the course using other stuff to slow down can be faster than using your brakes. and with no car damage sometimes ill hit the computer cars to get them out of my way other cars in the way are annoying. i remember in gt3 during one of the endurance races i just picked the hill climb car and just let it ride the rail and left the game running while letting the car turn into the rail by itself so i didnt have to sit there and drive a circle for hours.

Boosted
04-20-2008, 01:32 AM
I just picked it up today, I have only played about 45 minutes but it looks promising so far.

vial8or
04-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Damn...barely went online racing today.

I was wondering why the F is my evo soo slow and coming in around 8th place.
than i forgot it was auto, put it on manual, messed with some driver settings, and BAM! top 3 all the time :)

if anyone knows how to add friends or invite people, look for me

vial8or

duh, hahaha

EVOL EDO
04-20-2008, 10:35 AM
finally got the clutch working. took a while but i figured out what was wrong from reading another forum. the clutch doesnt work for all cars. the evo X wont work, and the gt-r wont work. but i got it working with the ITR GTI and the evo IX. just have to hit the triangle to enable and disable the clutch as soon as you are able to control the car. supposedly you cant use the clutch in the GT-R because they dont offer manual in real life. i think the evo x is just a mistake for it not working. but other than those 2 cars it works on all the other cars i have tried so far. the clutch makes it so much harder

vial8or
04-20-2008, 01:28 PM
^^really??

i would figure it would be really easy, and fun!!
man i need to pick it up all ready!!

so has anyone else posted their gamertags???

EVOL EDO
04-20-2008, 04:37 PM
the way the clutch works is when the clutch is enabled it wont shift into a gear unless you push the clutch before you go into that gear. you can shift into neutral without the clutch but it wont recognize shifting into a new gear unless you push the clutch in. so say you want to shift from 4th to 3rd but you hit the wrong pedal, like i did because i was trying to left foot brake, or just forget to push the clutch so now you are shifted into 3rd but the car will show you are in neutral and to get to 3rd you have to push the clutch shift to neutral and back into 3rd and let off the clutch, so sometimes you can end up having to shift extra. dont get me wrong i never said it wasn't fun it just takes getting used to because its a video game the feel is different than that of a real car and most racing games dont have a clutch. just like driving with the paddle shifters took getting used to, and driving with the wheel took getting used to. i think i need that seat so i can position the shifter and pedals in a normal place too. it feels awkward up near the steering wheel on my desk. also as was stated before you have to be conscious of where you are shifting because the gates on the shifter could be better.

so those of you that raced online. can you choose who you race against? or do you just get stuck in random games.

TARMAC_GSR
04-20-2008, 05:59 PM
evol genius = gamer tag

also on cod4 and r6v2

llvllattP
04-21-2008, 01:19 AM
my user name is eatNtae

but why does it matter...we cant invite our friends in the game anyways

also any interested in a Logitech GT4 force feedback wheel includes wires pedals and shift nob...no clutch...MINT CONDITION 10/10 just feed me some offers no lowballers brand new

vial8or
04-21-2008, 01:59 AM
ya you can't battle friends online.
you just select a category you want to race in, and it selects it for you.
:(

ebevo
04-21-2008, 08:05 AM
^^^ I hope they fix this since it really blows not being able to organize an online session with just friends

Burnout Paradise is a good example on how controls and online play are done properly.

Anyone else experience the jittery online play?

I agree using the clutch pedal gets too crazy and slows me down because it doesn't feel natural in video game world. I need up using the paddle shifters since it's quicker and when I'm serious.

I do switch to clutch pedal if I'm just goofing off or want that extra drive of your life experience :D

Suggestion: Perhaps everyone should add like a suffix to their user name like "_SCE" so that we can tell oh ya that's a SCE member I'm playing against online?

Not sure how hard that would be to change the username/screw up your initial buddy list :-\

Boosted
04-21-2008, 09:09 AM
I played with someone named "spoolin by u" in COD the other day I could have sworn it was a sce member.

vial8or
04-21-2008, 01:28 PM
^^hahaha i wouldn't doubt it.

and that jittery crap is annoying. im driving about to finish first, than some douche bag fuckin drives THROUGH me like im a ghost??

im like wow....it happens all the time.

also my biggest complaint by far, is when i'm in my ix punching it, i don't hear my beloved turbo spool :(

Lancer EVO IX
04-21-2008, 06:25 PM
so far i have the IX, IX tuned, r34, r35, ferarri f430, ferrari f40, fd3s, and itr.

by the way best way to start off is to get the itr, play a couple of online races and then buy the IX.Â*

i've been pwning fools w/ the IX online by the way.Â* Â*O0Â*
the best competition for the IX in it's class is the bmw concept tii.Â* also, they made the fkn pos rx8 waaaay too fast.Â* there is no way that car should be even able to hang w/ IX's, z33's, r34's, nsx's, fd3s, etc, etc.Â* Â*

my name on gt5 prologue is CT9A420.Â* c yall bishes online.Â* Â*:twisted:

llvllattP
04-22-2008, 09:14 AM
ya you can't battle friends online.
you just select a category you want to race in, and it selects it for you.
:(

what i think you got to do is tell your friend to meet you up in the same room u joined and ur set to race eachother

kimletrim
04-22-2008, 09:30 AM
I caved in and ordered from Walmart the prologue game and the Logitech Pro steering wheel for about $100.

llvllattP
04-22-2008, 09:35 AM
OMG! good price!

MR Dan
05-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Heres my ghetto-custom GT setup with the Logitech G25 steering wheel/controllerÂ* ;)

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/2186/cimg1803lp4.jpg
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/237/cimg1805pg0.jpg
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/322/cimg1801ef6.jpg

diegoalunan
05-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I caved in and ordered from Walmart the prologue game and the Logitech Pro steering wheel for about $100.

damn good price bro..wis i could get the same .. :(

Lancer EVO IX
05-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Heres my ghetto-custom GT setup with the Logitech G25 steering wheel/controller ;)

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/2186/cimg1803lp4.jpg

sick dan. i'm glad u caved in and but a steering wheel. time for some real online battles tomorrow.
if any of u guys wanna join we will most likely be in the advanced sukuza 750pp room at around 10pm-?am.

philthyevo
05-04-2008, 05:28 PM
MR Dan, awesome setup. I love that you used an Evo IX Recaro too. Nice touch. Howd you get that mangled piece of metal? Did you make it? Looks great!

EVOL EDO
05-04-2008, 06:52 PM
is that just made out of plumbing pipes? and couplers? how does it hold up and under use? does the seat or frame move much? i want to make one lol

Lancer EVO IX
05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
i'll be playing tonight at 9pm online in the expert 750pp suzuka room. join in if u want. my gamer tag is CT9A420. i'll be driving an eb tuned IX.
i was playing online a couple of nights ago, and i might've run into socalevo member, his name was "chickenadoboboy." he was driving a tuned eb X in the 750pp suzuka room.

vial8or
05-12-2008, 06:24 PM
damn i haven't played gt5 once since GTA4 came out haha

I'll try sometime soon

Matt@M1AutoSport
03-17-2009, 12:45 AM
haha did any1 get the f1 car?

Evolutionized
03-17-2009, 01:08 AM
shit i have had the f1 car for a longg timeee

Matt@M1AutoSport
03-17-2009, 01:09 AM