PDA

View Full Version : i need the stock map for a evo VIII

javicracer
04-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Hi guys im getting back to stock so i was wondering where can i download or get the stock map for a VIII, and i will like 2 know if the map of a IX is the same of a VIII. TNX

Mike W
04-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I can load one for you if you stop by the shop when I am in. Takes all of 5 minutes.

It concerns me that you dont know there might be a difference between a 8 and a 9 map but you want to load a map your self. I would think anyone with the ability to load a map would have a stock map handy... you really know how to do all that stuff?

(Reminds me of people always axing if a clutch kit comes with an alignment tool, do you really want someone installing your EVO clutch that does not have 30 clutch alignment tools cluttering the shop from 60 clutch installs?)

[email protected] to get a hold of me directly.

Mike W

EVOMANIAC
04-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Definitely go to a pro since there is a difference between the VIII's even.

GokuSSJ4
04-16-2008, 11:59 PM
disaster waiting to happen...
next thing we shall hear... i blew my s@#$! what do you think it went wrong ? :roll:

javicracer
04-17-2008, 12:02 AM
i know that is diff, i will mod that to how much is the diff between the map of a 8 and 9. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

GokuSSJ4
04-17-2008, 12:03 AM
i know that is diff, i will mod that to how much is the diff between the map of a 8 and 9. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
are you getting an entire Mivec set up for starters if you decided to "get" a IX map ???

javicracer
04-17-2008, 12:10 AM
im thinking on doing that, cause i have the head, just need the harness and ecu, or just get the evo VIII map

GokuSSJ4
04-17-2008, 12:13 AM
im thinking on doing that, cause i have the head, just need the harness and ecu, or just get the evo VIII map
you would need another additional things or perform everything once you have installed all the items required to be a IX set up..
If you havent decided... the first thing i would suggest to you is to take mike;s advice.. n perhaps speak to him about doing your IX mivec swap....