PDA

View Full Version : EVO X TPMS for aftermarket wheels

Nebolic
04-21-2008, 12:38 PM
for those who put on aftermarket wheels for the EVO X, did you transfer the TPMS over (if so, do you need to unmount the tire?) what are the other solutions and or are you just running with the tire sensor on?

thanks
nebo

tanK
04-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Transfer the sensors over (unmount the tires and transfer the sensors) or run without the sensors... antics22 has done this a few times already (3 wheel setups, stock X, RE30, NT03M)

Nebolic
04-21-2008, 01:28 PM
any issue if i run them without the tpms sensors?

also, i'm assuming i have to unmount my new wheels too? I bought the new wheels and they came with tires.

nebo

Terenus
04-21-2008, 01:30 PM
No problems, Antics22 has been running RE30s with the TPMS for a few thousand miles already.

Mister
04-22-2008, 10:43 AM
any issue if i run them without the tpms sensors?

also, i'm assuming i have to unmount my new wheels too? I bought the new wheels and they came with tires.

nebo

I believe that you will have some type of light on the gauge cluster telling you all (4) wheels have no air. Thats the worst case scenario. I don't think the TPMS is connected to the ECU. I don't have a X, but this is what happens on all Bentley's, Porsche's, etc.

donatevo
05-11-2008, 02:02 PM
you can run aftermarket rims without TPMS sensor, as long as you don't mind the light in the dash.

demetry14
05-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Removed.

Driving_Miss_Daisy
06-08-2008, 05:03 PM
You can buy new sensors for $260 for all 4 and have those mounted into the new rim. I just have to get them programmed to the car.

If you don't have the light will come every time you start your car or open the door and you have to push the info button to clear it. Other then that no other problems.

danielskshin
06-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I decided to just live with the service light.

fastkevin
06-17-2008, 12:43 AM
no need to unmount the tire to remove the sensor, but it makes it easier if the tire is unmounted. It's more convenient "angle wise" if you remove the tire.

I just did this on the wife's BMW, and only had to unseat one of the beads.

speedracer2169
08-05-2008, 02:51 PM
trying to unseat the bead and remove then sensor is a little more difficult 4specially on low pro tires. basically its just risking breaking the sensor. some people will buy an extra set of sensors and run them on their wheels. We are currently getting in a new learning tool that will allow us to program the id numbers into the ecu so that you dont have to back and forth to the dealer. Per the new law its not illegal to drive without sensors as long as the light is on and the customer is aware but modifying the system in which you make the light turn off and run without sensors is a big no no.

speedracer2169
08-05-2008, 02:56 PM
The sensors that mitsu uses are the same ones with daimler chrysler and i believe they are still manufactured by siemens. Sensors are available through the dealer, Tire Rack and America's Tire/ Discount Tire. Also try to get some extra grommets in case they go bad. many slow leaks that we find in tires is the rubber grommet being pinched and rebuilding the sensors.

For more info go here

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=54774.0

Nebolic
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
cool thanks guys. i was going to leave the service light on but i'm afraid that eventually that bulb will burn out.

i'm gonna slap on the sensor again this weekend, hopefully no issues.

nebo

speedracer2169
08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
cool thanks guys. i was going to leave the service light on but i'm afraid that eventually that bulb will burn out.

i'm gonna slap on the sensor again this weekend, hopefully no issues.

nebo

thats why we're here O0

Wests
09-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Is the light that comes on part of the multi-information display? or is it some sort of secondary light? If its part of the multi-information screen I wouldn't worry about anything burning out or failing.

Nebolic
09-16-2008, 01:16 PM
theres a secondary light that comes on, on the main LCD you can make that thing go away by holding down the info button.

nebo