PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Viper alarm install! From experience!

mitsuEVO8kid
04-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Does anyone have experience installing alarm systems? I have an alarm system and I would like to watch how it is installed...I want to save money on the labor charges and stuff :P But its more complicated than i thought it would be :'( I havent connected any wires or anything so my car is not jumbled with wires I have them nice and neat but would like to see if anyone was able to come to my house and help me with the install!!!

Please PM so i can let you know what kind of alarm i have and stuff

ev0lution
04-29-2008, 01:22 PM
uh sell it. the viper sux dude, i had mine installed an all it is is malfunctions.

mitsuEVO8kid
04-29-2008, 01:35 PM
^^Lol viper has had great reviews...maybe yours was jsut a bad unit? :-/ hoping mine isnt heh :P

ev0lution
04-29-2008, 02:22 PM
i know they do, thats why i originally bought mine. went to an alarm shop and they said they suck and have shitty customer service and wont return shit. u cant use the remote start because shops wont install it, and the TT dont work unless the remote start is in. the sensor for mine doesnt work so it doesnt go off because of noise, all it does is go off and page me if the door gets opened while the cars locked. waste of money if you ask me.

PUNISHER
04-30-2008, 03:07 AM
I got mine installed for $180 with remote start.... everything works fine on mine... TT is working.

Also, dont install it yourself, unless you are electrically inclined, because, when i saw the installation, you really have to know your shit when it comes to electrical, specially an alarm.

ev0lution
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
mine was installed for 100....TT only works if remote start is in, and the shop wouldn't put it in cuz its illegal.

Evo X
04-30-2008, 11:04 AM
mine was installed for 100....TT only works if remote start is in, and the shop wouldn't put it in cuz its illegal.
. Its not illegal, its just that its not good for the car in the long run. There's a reason why Ford stopped offering it on their cars. That's the reason why a lot of shops now shy away from installing remote start

Driving_Miss_Daisy
04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
I installed my own Clifford alarm, same as viper. It is simple and confusing at the same time. Just basic wiring. Just trying to make everything look nice is what takes so long. Took me 6 hours in my car but mine is not installed like the basic alarm.

mitsuEVO8kid
04-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Hmm well not sure what i want to do with the alarm now haha...i did like the 2 way feature just to be safe and the turbo timer and remote start would help a bit, but if its going to mess up the car, not sure if i want it now :P

Driving_Miss_Daisy
04-30-2008, 04:27 PM
I love the 2 way paging. I am one of those people that will walk into a store and run outside thinking I didn't set my alarm. I don't have to do that anymore, I just look at my remote. I don't use the remote start or the turbo timer.

MitsEvoIX
04-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Just take it to a well known shop and have they install the alarm for you.Â* Lets just say you find a member here to install it for you and something goes wrong after the install.Â* What you gonna do then?

ev0lution
04-30-2008, 11:07 PM
shops dont install it first of all kuz it causes problems. they dont wanna be held responsible, and its illegal kuz u can kill someone if u start it in gear and it jumps forward.

evo_burke
06-23-2008, 04:14 PM
i also have a clifford alarm, but it was the previous owner who put it in. I want to use the alarm, but it is disabled and i apparently need to reset it with the valet switch. Can anyone tell me where this is?

GenesisEvoIX
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I had my viper alarm installed and works well. I have the remote start and the tt mode working great. its been on the car for 6 months. no problems