PDA

View Full Version : Machine/Service Shops in San Diego

bboy_RES
05-03-2008, 03:37 AM
i've decided to replace my clutch by myself (actually with the help of a friend) and i was wondering if anyone knew any reputable machine or service shops to get my flywheel resurfaced. please let me know. thanks.

fsae_alum
05-16-2008, 11:11 AM
i've decided to replace my clutch by myself (actually with the help of a friend) and i was wondering if anyone knew any reputable machine or service shops to get my flywheel resurfaced. please let me know. thanks.
Try Southland Clutches in National City. I had them redo the surface on my FD RX-7 and they did a great gob. HIGHLY recommended. They are one of a select few shops locally that can do an FD flywheel correctly (has a step in it) so they know their shite.

bboy_RES
05-17-2008, 02:44 AM
yeah i got my flywheel resurfaced on two days ago by them. i called Ball Mitsubishi and they recommended Southland Clutch. they did a great job!

pog0
05-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Just wondering why you didnt get a lightweight flywheel? It would have made the car rev a lot easier.

bboy_RES
05-19-2008, 01:18 AM
just couldn't afford it at the moment. i wasn't expecting to change the clutch so soon. the lightweight flywheel i wanted was $300 vs getting the stock flywheel resurfaced for $28.

pog0
05-19-2008, 09:15 AM
How many miles do you have on your car? Mine is still goin good but I'm sure you have a decent amount of more tq than I do since you got cams.

bboy_RES
05-19-2008, 12:48 PM
my clutch started slipping at around 16k miles.

pog0
05-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Damn... Must drive it harder than I do. How much TQ you puttin down to the wheels?

bboy_RES
05-19-2008, 10:28 PM
I haven't had a chance to dyno it yet. I haven't even finished getting tuned by Mellon (I'm on my 16th map) so I haven't gotten a dynograph from him either. I've launched my car a few times and i've done a lot of freeway pulls.

JoeyM3
05-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Damn... Must drive it harder than I do. How much TQ you puttin down to the wheels?

i think only alan drives his car harder than you kevin. . . . lol

pog0
05-22-2008, 07:53 PM
LOL. I bet he does. Soon I will be there. Soon. I want to redyno and see how much tq I gained from fixing my fuel and ignition tables.

CharlieGsanD
06-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Try Southland Clutches in National City. I had them redo the surface on my FD RX-7 and they did a great gob. HIGHLY recommended. They are one of a select few shops locally that can do an FD flywheel correctly (has a step in it) so they know their shite.

+1 for southland clutch. i used to use them quite a bit when i worked at a classic car resto shop. despite tossing some pretty challenging projects their way they never let us down.