PDA

View Full Version : I know this is a site for evos....

mosth8d
05-06-2008, 12:53 AM
but can you tune an r34 vspec? i just picked one up all stock and was wondering what you can do, if you can do anything with it in stock form. its a 2000 r34 vspec. you did my JAM 2.3 longblock install just recently on the black evo 9.

Alfred@TTech
05-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey whats up RF? I have tuned some of these before, I will give you a call and we can chat about it.

Alfred

mosth8d
05-06-2008, 07:45 PM
yeah that's me. it got it stored in a warehouse in costa mesa. its a v spec, jdm. not looking for anything but a tune on stock internals and boost levels. 1.1 bar i believe is the stock. its got ceramic turbines on the exhaust side and they are prone to cracking/breaking. maybe a once over for any hidden or pending problems too. ill holler at you when i get back from iraq.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/TheMostH8D/DSC07901.jpg

Alfred@TTech
05-07-2008, 03:36 PM
sure thing, stay safe over there! See you soon R.

Alfred

jdmcwestevo
05-07-2008, 03:56 PM
sweet ride man stay safe over there

909EVO8
05-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Be careful and that is a BADASS boat in the background!

x[corwyn]
05-07-2008, 05:37 PM
XS Engineering are the guys to go to for Skylines.

Ivan
05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
]

Do you own a Skyline??? What makes you say a comment like that?? Have U had first hand experience with them with your Skyline? Just wondering...

x[corwyn]
05-07-2008, 07:31 PM
]

Do you own a Skyline??? What makes you say a comment like that?? Have U had first hand experience with them with your Skyline? Just wondering...
I have had experience with and know the owner Eric Hsu who owns, tunes and races skylines. Not to mention if you knew much about skylines you would know about them.

Theres this new search tool called google. You should try it sometime.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=xs+engineering+skyline&btnG=Google+Search

me like jello
05-07-2008, 07:54 PM
damn so clean!! very sexy >].

say when
05-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Very clean looking car. O0 Congrats. Glad to hear that TT is the shop of choice for your needs. Customer service second to none. Guess you have some serious toys to come home to. Hurry back and enjoy em.

Ivan
05-21-2008, 05:30 PM
]

]

I have had experience with and know the owner Eric Hsu who owns, tunes and races skylines. Not to mention if you knew much about skylines you would know about them.

Again...Do you own a Skyline??? What is YOUR FIRST HAND experience with them with YOUR Skyline? Not some thing you READ about in google (Plus the OP does not know about XS so how is he supposed to add that in the search bar :grin:). I never said I knew ANYTHING ABOUT SKYLINES!!! Plus even if you PAID ME IN CASH AND GAVE ME FREE STUFF!! Would I go to XS engineering. The regular employees are a bunch of a-holes. Do you have to be buddies with Eric Hsu in order to get good service?
In all of the track days have I NEVER seen a Skyline tuned by XS. Plus google is pretty old Around 10 years to be exact, not new...

Terenus
05-21-2008, 05:49 PM
]

]

Again...Do you own a Skyline??? What is YOUR FIRST HAND experience with them with YOUR Skyline? Not some thing you READ about in google. I never said I knew ANYTHING ABOUT SKYLINES!!!

Why do people need to own Skylines to know something about a car?

Eric Hsu used to work with Tarzan when he was racing them back in the 90s. I don't see why you are blatantly bashing someone about how they don't have first hand experience when YOU have no clue.

x[corwyn]
05-21-2008, 05:52 PM
]

]

Again...Do you own a Skyline??? What is YOUR FIRST HAND experience with them with YOUR Skyline? Not some thing you READ about in google (Plus the OP does not know about XS so how is he supposed to add that in the search bar :grin:). I never said I knew ANYTHING ABOUT SKYLINES!!! Plus even if you PAID ME IN CASH AND GAVE ME FREE STUFF!! Would I go to XS engineering. The regular employees are a bunch of a-holes. Do you have to be buddies with Eric Hsu in order to get good service?
In all of the track days have I NEVER seen a Skyline tuned by XS. Plus google is pretty old Around 10 years to be exact, not new...

Must have been some sucktastic trackdays. Just cause you havent seen them dont mean squat. Pipe down pipsqueak. If you have a suggestion make it, otherwise STFU cause obviously you dont know much.

Ivan
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I NEVER SAID I KNEW ANY THING ABOUT SKYLINES!!!!!!!!!! Some one comes and gives a 2 sentence reason why to go to a certain shop . He made it seem like he was a expert on the subject. I wanted to know his FULL REASON OR EXPERINCE.I am not bashing any one!! Man most people on the boards get their panty in a bunch when U post ANYTHING.
All of the SKYLINES I have seen at the track have been tuned by SP Engineering running full HKS F-Cons .Not any from XS.

Hey x[corwyn] Do you talk to people like that in REAL LIFE?? Or just behind a keyboard...

x[corwyn]
05-22-2008, 07:40 PM
I NEVER SAID I KNEW ANY THING ABOUT SKYLINES!!!!!!!!!! Some one comes and gives a 2 sentence reason why to go to a certain shop . He made it seem like he was a expert on the subject. I wanted to know his FULL REASON OR EXPERINCE.I am not bashing any one!! Man most people on the boards get their panty in a bunch when U post ANYTHING.
All of the SKYLINES I have seen at the track have been tuned by SP Engineering running full HKS F-Cons .Not any from XS.

Hey x[corwyn] Do you talk to people like that in REAL LIFE?? Or just behind a keyboard...

If you know me in person, you will know that anyone comes over and starts cock blocking about shit he doesnt know about it I WILL call you on it. Especially when you do the forum equivalent of getting up in my face asking what I know about skylines.

Maybe your experienced at XS Engineering sucked. I have no idea. You didnt say what crawled up your butt about them. I do know if you are talking about them like you do here to their face, and saying they dont know what they are doing, they are going to laugh their asses off at you and justifiably so. They ARE expensive. They are also booked SOLID the next several months. Their work is QUALITY.

At any point you go to XS Engineering's shop (Have you even SEEN the shop?) there is at least one Skyline there at all times having stuff done.

Quite frankly I have no idea what you are doing on this thread since you have nothing positive to speak out about. I stand by my comment that XS Engineering is one of the best tuners for Skylines out there and that is something they are known for. Obviously others know that, even if you dont which MAY come as a shock, but I guess you just dont know everything out there.

So now maybe we can quit polluting this guy's thread and maybe someone else will have some POSITIVE remarks about other tuners, or good solid information for the OP to use.

GilbertFlores
05-23-2008, 01:33 AM
+ 1 on XS Chad..^^ they do a lot of skylines, been by the shop to check out a used evo intercooler and seen a white r33 getting head work done....sick ass car :smitten:. and there work is quality, people are cool, maybe if you act like an ass they act like one back, friendly guys. ;)

On another note....the dude with the r34, tuning tech will take care of you, since you had work done there then you already know. props to Alfred, Jenn and Nick all cool people. O0
And the best of luck to you out there brother...got 2 brothers in the service, and 1 soon to go back to iraq for the 3rd time....BE SAFE!!! O0

LiquidLife
05-23-2008, 12:39 PM
x[corwyn], XS Engineering is great, but I don't think you would sit outside their shop and tell everyone to go to Tuning Technologies would you?

Alfred has tuned the skylines before and customers have been very happy, I'm sure if Alfred didn't know what he was doing he would point you in the direction of someone who did.

Don't you just love the forums? :)

EvolvedMCC
05-23-2008, 12:42 PM
sweet car man! be safe so you can come back to play with that new toy hehe.

x[corwyn]
05-23-2008, 03:52 PM
x[corwyn], XS Engineering is great, but I don't think you would sit outside their shop and tell everyone to go to Tuning Technologies would you?

Alfred has tuned the skylines before and customers have been very happy, I'm sure if Alfred didn't know what he was doing he would point you in the direction of someone who did.

Don't you just love the forums? :)

This may be in Tuning Tech's area, but the guy asked for companies that tune Skylines. I guess I could blow sunshine up everyone's ass and say "Aw YEA Tuning Tech is the r0x0r2!" But the reality is he asked, I gave an honest real opinion. XS IS known for tuning Skylines. Im sure Tuning Tech is great and I would consider them to tune my Evo since they have a good rep with Evos and they apparently can tune a FC Commander. I honestly have never seen or heard a skyline tuned there, and it doesnt matter.... Someone that knows can and has said, "Tuning Tech can do it too!"

Maybe this should have been put in a different forum since it was a general question. If people are offended by my answering that question honestly with an answer that can be backed up...Sorry, it IS forums after all. I go to several companies/individuals for work that I deem quality. Im not a fanboy, but Im fair.

BTW dude that Megan Fox sig is distracting as f'n hell. I had to retype this like about 5 times cause I kept misspelling looking at that damned sig....

LiquidLife
05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I appreciate the fact that you're responses are intelligent and not condisending.

GilbertFlores
05-23-2008, 05:21 PM
+1 for chad being intelligent lol

x[corwyn]
05-24-2008, 03:52 AM
+1 for chad being intelligent lol

I appreciate the fact that you're responses are intelligent and not condisending.

Did you mean condescending or were you implying I'm sending our National Security Advisor to people.....

And yes Im sarcastic. Not sure if its by any means intelligent. More along the lines I have a twisted sense of humor. If I was really intelligent I would have figured out how to make gobs of cash by now instead of being a broke ass bastard.