PDA

View Full Version : Problem locking door w/ turbo timer

tecrp7
05-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone... I know a lot of you say you dont need a turbo timer with an evo x, but i had one from my 8 and its an easy install....

but the problem i ran into is i cannot lock the doors with the ignition turned to off with the turbo timer running...

i know this has somthing to do with the FAST key, and hoping theres a way i can change the settings...

anyone have any ideas or am i just sh*t out of luck
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/16861/thumb_evoX6.jpg

silvrEVOIXn818
05-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I have the same prob on my IX. I can NOT lock or unlock the car doors while the turbo timer is counting down. I believe there is a simple fix for this... But too lazy to even worry bout it. I just cruise to my destination for the last, lets say 2 mins. and just manually shut it down so I can beep and bounce...
I think there was a thread on this a while back...

tecrp7
05-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I had it in my 8 and i had no problems locking the door...

And I've been trying to find a fix on the forums and coming up empty...

I was hoping to avoid dealing with the dealership, but it looks like I have too.

airforce1
05-07-2008, 05:20 PM
my problems is my headights won't turn off when I leave the turbo timer one.

silvrEVOIXn818
05-07-2008, 11:02 PM
try searching evom... I read more in that forum...

Mightygnu
05-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Just sit in the car and let it cool down! Easier and safer!

silvrEVOIXn818
05-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I had it in my 8 and i had no problems locking the door...

And I've been trying to find a fix on the forums and coming up empty...

I was hoping to avoid dealing with the dealership, but it looks like I have too.

I cant find that thread either...
Im sure my stereo installer could fix the prob, but dont feel like leaving my car w/ him, for such a small thing. So Im sure other stereo installers should be able to fix it!

tecrp7
05-08-2008, 01:24 PM
yea ive been searching all over and coming up empty... i have to go to scm today to make sure my car has recieved the reflash so i will just ask them when i get there...

hopefully this can get resolved so everyone who has or plans to put a turbo timer in wont have to worry about this lil problem...

airforce1
05-08-2008, 01:37 PM
let us know...

tecrp7
05-08-2008, 01:44 PM

hey when i had my 05 gsr,
i never had a problem with my turbo timer in my 05 VIII, the lights go off automatically when u open the door if the turbo timer is off when u shut ur car down... so when the turbo timer is done counting down the lights stay on for about 3-4 min

i dont know if you already know that or tried that but you shouldnt have any problems

silvrEVOIXn818
05-08-2008, 01:49 PM

hey when i had my 05 gsr,
i never had a problem with my turbo timer in my 05 VIII, the lights go off automatically when u open the door if the turbo timer is off when u shut ur car down... so when the turbo timer is done counting down the lights stay on for about 3-4 min

i dont know if you already know that or tried that but you shouldnt have any problems

now that I think about it, I think I have this feature on my IX as well... I remember coming into my car 1 morning and the light were on when I turned the car on... My battery would have died if I didnt...

tecrp7
05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
yea i know for a fact that the 05+ is like that... i dont know if the 03-04 models are, maybe just the hid models

and i never had a problem locking the doors with the timer on and the key out of the ignition.

silvrEVOIXn818
05-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I know there is a thread reguarding this somewhere :angel: I believe it to be as simple as connecting 1 wire to the correct connection... Where its connected now, works, but not till the countdown is over...
maybe if I didnt smoke soo damn much when I was younger, I might be able to remember shit... :angel:

toku-one
05-08-2008, 02:35 PM
yeah, the fix is just a wire swap...
i know there is some info on it, it was switching the blue and green wire on the greddy harness... but i couldnt find anything on the internet... i had to do it in my VIII, so i know its out there somewhere.

tecrp7
05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
is that like that for all harnesses?

i have an hks type 1 and it was just plug and play for my VIII and was supposed to be the same for the X, i think it has something to do with the FAST key entry system

airforce1
05-08-2008, 03:37 PM
yea i know for a fact that the 05+ is like that... i dont know if the 03-04 models are, maybe just the hid models

and i never had a problem locking the doors with the timer on and the key out of the ignition.

So you're saying that the xenons should stay on 3-4 minutes after the TT is shut down and that this is normal operation? Hmmmm, I don't think so because I distinctly remember not doing this when I first had it. I had it rewired again and now its happening to me. Anyone else who can confirm?

tecrp7
05-08-2008, 03:43 PM
its like say u shut ur car off with out timer and u stay inside ur car with ur lights originally on, they will stay on for about 3-4 min, once u open ur door u hear an audible sound and the lights shut off.

i dont know if u have time to go test this theory but it works, and i believe every car thats equipped with HID has an auto feature off, its like one of those thing for saftly when u get home late at night and ur lights stay on to give u light for a few min.

airforce1
05-08-2008, 10:06 PM
^^^
yes I know the HIDs have this feature but I remember the TT was able to shut the lights off as instantly.

tecrp7
05-08-2008, 11:16 PM
hmm...

maybe like some are saying u have to switch wires or something, mine would go off after 3 min and i didnt have a problem with it so i never tried to change it.

i didnt go to scm today so i didnt find out about the locking problem, i have to call them tomorrow and maybe i can get someone knowledgeable and can answer my question.

silvrEVOIXn818
05-09-2008, 09:33 PM
well, I did again today :angel: went to work w/ the lights on, just so everyone out there could see my ass (there were other cars out there, w/ out their lights on) but when I got to work... forgot to turn the lights off :idiot2: but luckily they shut off shortly there after... (06) O0

tecrp7
05-10-2008, 09:39 AM
so i went to scm yesterday, and i talked to Riqo and he said they know about the problem withnot being able to lock the doors and he said hes gonna look into it..

so i guess for now we just got to wait to see if theres a fix......

demetry14
05-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Removed.

Sr20kidD
05-16-2008, 08:14 PM
I know there is a thread reguarding this somewhere :angel: I believe it to be as simple as connecting 1 wire to the correct connection... Where its connected now, works, but not till the countdown is over...
maybe if I didnt smoke soo damn much when I was younger, I might be able to remember shit... :angel:

on my evo, I installed the hks TT, lights turn off after 1 to 2 min and I can lock the doors with my remote while its counting down, no issues. I still remember shit too.. ahah.

I did a write up on evom on how to install the HKS for the IX.. let me know and I can help you out.

Wests
06-27-2008, 03:49 AM
I don't think a turbo timer is really necessary on a stock X.

rtek
07-27-2008, 07:41 PM
^^^

What he said.

kungfudevil
04-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Gonna resurrect an old thread........anyone know if there is a fix for this (turbo timer locking doors with FASTkey system)?

itsoem
04-22-2009, 12:17 AM
I connected my TT on my IX and had no problems with locking it or un locking it... you just have the correct harness and make sure you connect the e-brake wire.. not hard at all... took me longer to run and hide the wire more then anything... Call me up is you need help brother..

tecrp7
04-22-2009, 12:25 AM
The XIII and XI are differ from the X. I didn't have a problem on my VIII.

But with the X, The fast key system prevents us from locking the doors while the ignition is on wether you have a TT or not.

The only think right now as far as I have read is, Shut the car off as normal and let TT count down, HAve you drivers window down and lock the car from the outside by reaching in and locking it manually, Then hit the window button to raise your window and since it auto up it will give secure your car. You have plenty of time to pull your arm out.

I know it sounds ghetto, But that is the best thing we can do right now for those of us that have the fast key on the X.

itsoem
04-22-2009, 12:27 AM
You know... the only other source I would try since they know thery're shyt is Road Race... if there is a solution they'll have it.... Try them

tecrp7
04-22-2009, 12:31 AM
I think we just need to have something shut off in the ECU. Is there a way for us to actually look at all the parameters of the ECU without going to a dealer?

The doors will not lock only if you start your car with the FOB, If you use the metal key and turn the ignition then shut off, You can lock the doors as intended.

kungfudevil
04-22-2009, 12:35 AM
I think we just need to have something shut off in the ECU. Is there a way for us to actually look at all the parameters of the ECU without going to a dealer?

The doors will not lock only if you start your car with the FOB, If you use the metal key and turn the ignition then shut off, You can lock the doors as intended.

This would defeat the whole purpose of the FASTkey system.........funny how something that is supposed to make getting in our cars easier and quicker is making it harder for us to leave the car after we're done if we want to use a turbo timer.......

tecrp7
04-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Yea i know what you mean. It is irritating. I been in Iraq for the last 6 months and I have researching this like a mofo and only thing I have come across that might be remotly possible is this bypass system. But I have only been able to read about and not call them to find out for sure. Here is a link to it if you want to check it out:

http://www.bypasskit.com/categories.aspx?catid=22

That is just a link to a product I was looking at. They have other systems that look possible. If you do go there and find something, Could you let us know?

jsyang15
05-14-2009, 09:51 PM
yeah until there is a simple solution, I am creeping into my neighborhood for like 1-2 minutes before shut off

SILVER_EVOX
06-11-2009, 08:12 PM
i have a evo x and install a hks turbo timer type 1 and i find one simple way to lock al the door with the tt counting down. first make sure all door are lock while sitting in the car and then turn the car off and whille the tt is counting down unlock the driver door manually (not with the automatic doorunlock) so once your outside now use the extra key on your FAST remote to lock the door manually by turn left and there you go all the door is lock. hopefully someone find this usefull, for the mean time until someone figure out the bypass and can some one help me with installing the rpm and speed sensor i been searching around and can only come up with evo 8 and evo 9 need help A.S.A.P want to use hks tt to its full potional can anyone HELP me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

tecrp7
06-11-2009, 08:43 PM
i have a evo x and install a hks turbo timer type 1 and i find one simple way to lock al the door with the tt counting down. first make sure all door are lock while sitting in the car and then turn the car off and whille the tt is counting down unlock the driver door manually (not with the automatic doorunlock) so once your outside now use the extra key on your FAST remote to lock the door manually by turn left and there you go all the door is lock. hopefully someone find this usefull, for the mean time until someone figure out the bypass and can some one help me with installing the rpm and speed sensor i been searching around and can only come up with evo 8 and evo 9 need help A.S.A.P want to use hks tt to its full potional can anyone HELP me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

thats another way to do it, i just do the window thing and thats seems to be working fine for now.

i have the hks type 1 as well. and i believe on the X there is only the speed wire you can use and, i don't know/have the article handy but i belive its one of the connectors to the mmcs unit. and if you have rockford deck the wire is taped up in the back of the radio.

but like i have said before the TT works perfect if you start the car with the metal key. just irritating we can't use the it as intended with the FOB.

gsrIXevo
06-11-2009, 09:26 PM
wait.. maybe you guys didnt get the correct harness for the car. i got my buddy the new hks (red blacklite) and harness ... and he has no issues locking his doors or anything ... with or without the keyless entry. maybe something went wrong in the install.....

tecrp7
06-11-2009, 11:14 PM
wait.. maybe you guys didnt get the correct harness for the car. i got my buddy the new hks (red blacklite) and harness ... and he has no issues locking his doors or anything ... with or without the keyless entry. maybe something went wrong in the install.....

I'm gonna guess since its the red backlight that he has the HKS type-0. I installed one in my friends X and his car does the same thing as mine. I also went to HKS's website to verify the harness, And the evo VII-X all use the same harness.

I was hoping from your comment that there was a new harness but there isn't.

And you can't install it wrong since its all plug and play. Looks like the hunt continues.

Thanks though.

SILVER_EVOX
06-12-2009, 09:58 AM
what is the "window thing"? and did you get the speed on the tt to work if you did can you explain to me step by step to hook it up thanks.. and for the rpm i connect it to pin number 8 (crankshaft sensor) on the ecu it gave me a signal on the tt but it only go from idle rpm to 3000rpm after it show me like 1100rpm and 1200rpm and from there on maybe i got a weak signal bcause i look at the splice thing that i use to hook it up and from the ecu wire it didnt look like i got a good connection. im going to try it again and ill give you an update.

tecrp7
06-12-2009, 10:49 AM
The window thing is just leaving your drivers window down and the rest up and get out of the car then reach in and lock the doors with the switch and then hit the drivers window swich and since it is an auto up/down switch you can roll it up by just hitting it and you have more than enough time to pull your arm out.

and i haven't hooked up the speed sensor wire because i dont really need it or care to use it anymore and i dont want to take apart my dash right now.

SILVER_EVOX
06-12-2009, 10:54 AM
oh ok thank. if anyone has hks tt type 1 and hook up the speed and rpm sensor PLEASE let me know..

antox18
11-29-2009, 12:41 AM
damn u stay around for 2 minutes thats :idiot2: the most u need is 30 sec unless u run your car super hard all the time.