PDA

View Full Version : Borla Exhaust looking for test R&D Evo X

Kriggans
05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Hello all,

I'm Chris Higgins with Borla Exhaust. We are looking for a stock 2008 Evo X with which to design an exhaust system from.

We would ask you drive your Evo up to our facilities in Oxnard and leave it with us for about a week. We would perform before and after dynos on your car. Upon completion, you would receive a free custom Borla exhaust for your Evo X!

We do need the car to be stock in order to get accurate dyno results. If you are interested, please direct your email to me [email protected].

Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

Alucard
05-19-2008, 04:24 PM
bump fo j0

Mightygnu
05-20-2008, 02:37 AM
You have an email!

demetry14
05-23-2008, 10:10 PM
would you also be replacing everything you burn up / crack / scratch or otherwise damage during this week of death grinding? Also would you be paying for any damage that this would have caused in the near future?

nijikon5
05-24-2008, 04:24 PM
would you also be replacing everything you burn up / crack / scratch or otherwise damage during this week of death grinding? Also would you be paying for any damage that this would have caused in the near future?

Wow, so hostile. Is it necessary to openly attack people before you their actual R&D process? Why not just e-mail or PM them and ask them about the process instead of going apeshit in an open forum. I seriously don't understand what this reply will achieve.

Boosted
05-24-2008, 06:16 PM

Wow, so hostile. Is it necessary to openly attack people before you their actual R&D process? Why not just e-mail or PM them and ask them about the process instead of going apeshit in an open forum. I seriously don't understand what this reply will achieve.

april 08

Mightygnu
05-24-2008, 09:37 PM

Borla is a huge company, and if anything went wrong, they would compensate without a doubt.

Next, I will be doing their R&D, and I will post pictures as soon as I get my car back.

demetry14
05-25-2008, 08:11 PM
People are so sensitive, I was simply asking if they would be fixing any issues that they may cause. Sorry for being questionative.

Anyway, I'd be interested in any modifications that ended with a "free" something or other.

Mightygnu
05-25-2008, 10:14 PM
People are so sensitive, I was simply asking if they would be fixing any issues that they may cause. Sorry for being questionative.

Anyway, I'd be interested in any modifications that ended with a "free" something or other.

Of course they would fix anything if they broke it.

nijikon5
05-26-2008, 12:42 AM

It's fine to be curious about the process and how they handle situations. Did you even bother reading what I said? The OP left his e-mail stating questions be directed to that address. I did not blast you for being curious and protective over your vehicle, I am sure we all have deep concern for the well being of our vehicles. I was just stating that it was really unnecessary to come on the forums and have such a hostile attitude towards the OP.

Terenus
05-26-2008, 01:51 AM
Locked.

Borla found a test car so thread is done.

This turned from a constructive thread to some flame war.

gt40
06-13-2008, 11:43 PM
I just want to add something:Â* In april 2003, I took David Borla up on a similar offer for my 2003 evo.Â* They returned the car in perfect shape and exhaust wasÂ* properly fitted to the car.Â* Â*They even accepted my feedback about the noise levels being a bit much with the first generation and modified it slightly for me on a one off basis after I modded the car later at no charge.(biggy turbo added)

You should appreciate that this is a generous offer from a quality company instead of wasting threads.Â* Â*1st person feedback on the other hand, is always appreciated, just as regurgitating 5th hand intartnet drivel is NOT.