PDA

View Full Version : HKS exhaust on the Evo X

blazar_bis
05-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Hey guys, i created this topic to have some opinions about the HKS CARBON-TI CAT-BACK EXHAUST.

I really like this HKS exhaust system, and I'm actually thinking if it can be install in my OB Evo X GTS ?

I went to the HKS USA website, and it was stated that there is a HKS CARBON-TI CAT-BACK EXHAUST for the lancer Evolution 2003-2004

Thank you everyone...
Willy,

nijikon5
05-26-2008, 01:01 AM
The HKS Carbon-TI Catback from the evo8s will not fit the evo X, the length and direction of how exhaust piping is done on the evo8 and evo X is completely different. If you look at the SRT Motorsports vendor forums he carries the Greddy TIC and the HKS Axleback for the evo X. Here's 3 particular routes I recommend to you, the 3rd being my personal recommendation.

1. If you REALLY love the HKS Carbon-TI and want nothing else. Check and see if they sell just an axleback muffler/tip for the Carbon-TI. Goto an exhaust shop and have them build you a custom SS midpipe with the Carbon-TI as the axleback.

2. Get either the Greddy TIC or HKS Dual tip Axleback.

3. I recommend you just go to a shop that makes custom SS exhaust systems [ 2 recommendations are Road Race Engineering, and Eastside Mufflers in Palmdale. ]. Where ever else you go make sure they carry pre-mandrel bent U-pipes. A custom built catback might not have that JDM bling factor but it will function the same, sound great, and be a whole lot more cost effective than dishing out big bucks for the brand names.

blazar_bis
05-26-2008, 01:38 AM
Thank you man, i appreciate...

I'll try to check those shops out, and get some more informations...

Congradulation for your Evo X GSR by the way