PDA

View Full Version : Tranny problems after rebuild looking for some help

VinceR
05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
So I got my tranny rebuilt by JNZ tuning.

I am having big problems with my tranny or its at least tranny related.
I put the tranny on the car and put a stock pressure plate with a competition clutch 6 puck.

First problem is I dont have a 5th or reverse gear, I try to shift to 5th or reverse but the shifter doesnt go into any of the two gears.

Second problem is 1st thru 4th gear are really notchy and I have to force them in, also there is a lot of side to side play when in gear.

I tried to see if it was a shift linkage problem but I didnt seem to find any obstructions. Maybe I put it in wrong?
Also I adjusted the clutch pedal to different lengths but still no 5th gear or reverse.

I also noticed my car wont roll back, I have a steep driveway and It usually rolls back but the car stayed in my driveway in nuetral and without the parking brake on.

I drove the car down my street and the car makes a loud noise, the car shakes and feels like its going to turn off when the car is decellarating.

I would apreciate some help I have called JNZ tuning but their tranny guy isnt there right now, so Im looking for other opinions on this

VinceR
05-30-2008, 01:32 PM
bump for answers...

javicracer
05-30-2008, 05:22 PM
it sound like the gears r not assembly in the right place!!

VinceR
05-31-2008, 07:53 PM
YEah that or the shift fork for 5th gear and reverse I think I am going to take my car to reese tuning, Im just waiting for them to call me back sometime during the week

dastallion951
06-01-2008, 04:40 PM
couldnt be the shift for n 5th gear and reverse both different gears.....take it back n have them fix it....who did the install....

VinceR
06-01-2008, 04:49 PM
JNZ tuning ....but they arent local so I would be out $200 just to ship it to them and to have them fix it... I need my car running soon, so I thought I would take it to reese tuning who is a lot closer than the other shop

funks
06-01-2008, 08:50 PM
You should have gotten it rebuilt at shep transmissions.

VinceR
06-01-2008, 09:10 PM
^^^ Thanks for the Help^^^ >:(

It would have cost a lot more through them I changed everything inside the tranny and I ask for some custom gears...

Reese Tuning
07-11-2008, 09:04 AM
JNZ tuning ....but they arent local so I would be out $200 just to ship it to them and to have them fix it... I need my car running soon, so I thought I would take it to reese tuning who is a lot closer than the other shop

So what was the outcome? Still need help?

James

VinceR
07-11-2008, 11:01 AM
I took it to tuning technologies.

I got updated, The tranny is still being checked out...

caLi4G63
07-11-2008, 11:10 AM
keep us updated. I'm interested in knowing the results of your problem.

What kind of transmission services do they offer at Reese Tuning?

VinceR
07-11-2008, 11:52 AM
well I spoke with someone at reese tuning and they aid that they know mitsubishi mechanics that can fix the tranny, the guy also said that the owner knew how to rebuild trannys.

I will update this as soon as I get some info from tuning technologies.

BUDLoNG
07-11-2008, 12:09 PM
its been there for 4 weeks already, and you are ok with not getting any response after a month?

wow

VinceR
07-11-2008, 12:15 PM
eh.... its been down for 6 months already. im not mad, I just want it done right.

I think tuning technologies isnt doing the work themselves. I believe they have someone do their tranny work, im not sure though.

BUDLoNG
07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
you got some patience man. O0

Reese Tuning
07-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Yes I am capable of rebuilding trans here myself. I do rebuild them when time permits. Lately we have been very busy and have been having majority of the OEM rebuilds sent out to the local Mitsu dealer where I was previously employed.

Â* Â*We can repair ANY evo issue here excluding frame damage and body work.

Â* James Reese

javicracer
07-11-2008, 03:02 PM
eh.... its been down for 6 months already. im not mad, I just want it done right.

I think tuning technologies isnt doing the work themselves. I believe they have someone do their tranny work, im not sure though.

They dont do tranny work, they send it outside!!!!

VinceR
07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah thats what I was told. Its ok just want to get the car ready for the end of summer and fall.

fastkevin
07-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Why didn't you just send it back to the place you paid the $$ to do it right the first time? I would assume if they fucked it up, they'd reimburse you for the shipping. At the least the re-rebuild wouldn't cost you... I doubt the first people you had work on it are gonna pay for someone else to work on it.. I guess you really don't trust the first guys?

Saosin
07-20-2008, 06:32 PM
fuck that i wouldve gone crazy on them already