PDA

View Full Version : new reflash at south coast

JASON IN EVOX
06-05-2008, 09:29 AM

Mightygnu
06-05-2008, 05:55 PM
45 minutes. ha. it will be like 20 if that.

AaronI1
06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
i got my second reflash yesterday. Chris and Robert in service hooked it up with a car wash also. I gotta say after this reflash, my X is finally feeling similar to how my IX was.

+1 for scm and their service department

1GGEvo
06-05-2008, 10:41 PM
got this done last week....oh and +1 for Robert and the service department - they are awesome!

leaveit2bevo
06-06-2008, 12:34 AM
i got my second reflash yesterday. Chris and Robert in service hooked it up with a car wash also. I gotta say after this reflash, my X is finally feeling similar to how my IX was.

+1 for scm and their service department

someone already dynoed the 2nd reflash and it lost power, not sure how close the conditions were on the dyno days though.

danielskshin
06-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I need to go get this.

JASON IN EVOX
06-09-2008, 07:15 PM

danielskshin
06-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm guessing you got the reflash done at South Coast?

Wests
06-27-2008, 02:42 AM
I still need to go in and get mine...

blkside
06-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I picked my car up Friday... Does it already have the most recent flash or should I go have them look. Basically DOES SC FLASH THE FLEET?

evoRS05
06-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Tim, you can see if the second flash was done by looking underneath the hood. There should be a sticker saying the date it was flashed.

blkside
06-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Theres alot of underhood.. anywhere particular

blkside
06-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Can anyone tell me where this sticker is cause I havent found one...Im going to HB tomorrow anyway.. can they do it or does it have to be SC cause i work real close to them...

evoRS05
06-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I txt you where it is

blkside
06-29-2008, 11:16 PM
did you send a pic...

evoRS05
06-29-2008, 11:17 PM
yes

blkside
06-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I dont have it so I guess I have to go get it... Can HB do it or just SC...

evoRS05
06-29-2008, 11:26 PM
both should be able to do it...you should call them and get an appointment tomorrow.

element2zz
08-08-2008, 08:41 PM
after i got the new flash the car pulled way harder/smoother.

def need it if you dont have it...

still goin with ecutek though, car still doesnt feel as powerful as it should....

TLee
08-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Newbie question, what's that flash for?

05CBR
08-16-2008, 06:27 PM
To fix some problems that the X comes with from the factory, like a bad idle and stalling........

TLee
08-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I am not sure if I have the same problem. When my car is warming up. The rev needle is like going up and down under 1000 rpm. Is that the idle problem you guys are talking about ?

cjX28
08-16-2008, 11:55 PM
nice to have reflash but still consume alot of gas would yo think tuning makes it better use the gas more efficiently burned w/ the good combination of air and fuel...........

dongchad
02-25-2009, 01:12 AM
i bought my car last oct. of 2008, do you think the dealership did a reflash on all of the evo's on their lot before they sell it?
i mean if the problem has been noticed early last year, mitsu should sent out recall letters to evox owners to this reflash done. i wasnt aware of this untill i read this post.

skipsevox
02-25-2009, 10:00 AM
If there is a sticker in the left side of the underhood, it has been flashed

STIH8TER
02-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Do i need to reflash even though I got my car from South Coast Beand New?

STIH8TER
02-25-2009, 10:20 AM
I dont have it so I guess I have to go get it... Can HB do it or just SC...

Love your rims. what brand and the name of your rims? and did you lower your car?

mangoes
02-25-2009, 10:24 AM
True it should also say the date of when it was flashed. If you got it from south coast chances are it already has the flash done on it. Just check under the hood, top left side for that sticker.

STIH8TER
02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks Mangoes

strat10
02-25-2009, 11:49 AM
You should really take it to a good tuner and screw that Mitsu re-flash. It will be the best money you ever spent.

dongchad
02-25-2009, 04:57 PM
what does the sticker say, i found 4 stickers under the hood and none of them says reflash or date.

DDD09
04-01-2009, 06:14 PM
evo newbie here can someone post a picture of where the stickers should be or tell me where it should be(under the hoodwhere)....when i bought my car sam said it had the reflash done already but im not sure if its the most recent one. thanks

aaevol9
04-01-2009, 06:16 PM
yea the guys over at south coast are really on top of things +1 for them

Jooyoung99
04-06-2009, 02:04 PM
What color is your EVO X? I think I might have seen your car the dealership.

Looney Tuning
04-12-2009, 02:55 PM
It is a black and white sticker. It is hand written. It is at the front left from the under side of the hood when you face the car. You cannot miss it. It is different than all the other stickers, since it is hand written. I just tuned an Evo X that has had the flash. It behaved slightly better than the X that I tuned yesterday that did not have the flash. The car still runs pig rich even with the factory re-flash.

The engineer who tuned this car should be hung in the public square to make an example of him.

EvO9marine
04-19-2009, 07:58 PM
well today i was racing a freakn Jeep SRT8. all of a sudden my car jerks and slows down. its still running both with less power. i get off on the street and my idle is stuck at 2500rpm's??? can anyone help me out?

evogeo
04-20-2009, 07:28 AM
limp mode

peruevox
04-20-2009, 05:47 PM
hey guys. my idle is kinda weird. i just got my evo like 4 days ago. do u guys think i need the reflash?? does it cost any money??

dongchad
04-21-2009, 03:48 PM
factory reflash is free
bring it to southcoast or longbeach mitsu
avoid glendale mitsu , they are all a$$wads and swindlers, you'll end up getting ripped off.

Wimploki
04-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Had mine re-flashed at SCM yesterday and it feels slower and now has a few issues (Purchased two days ago). I have a newer build Evo X and was informed that only one update was required.

Issues Noted after the re-flash to date.

1. Took some time for the engine to start. I had to crank it several times for it to start. Perfectly fine before re-flash.

2. Car started w/ rough idle then shuts down. WTF!?

3. Sometimes I would feel a slight jerk when accelerating. Normal driving and not flooring it.

3. SAWC digital info gauge screen is not working anymore. Nothing shows on screen even when making sharp turns. BLANK! ASC is not off.

I'm definitely going back tomorrow to SCM to get this checked out. Updates will be posted tomorrow. :tickedoff:

Wimploki
05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Update:

Went to go stop by SouthCoast Mitsubishi earlier today and they are booked! I would need to show up early in the morning tomorrow and see what can be done. This flash might of killed the ECU. Hope it was done properly and nothing was disconnected while undergoing through the flash routine.

New issues now having on my way back from SCM.

1. Warning lights are now going whack!

2. Pressing the info button does nothing!

3. When i say nothing, i mean nothing. It does not cycle at all!

evogeo
05-01-2009, 04:23 PM
dang that sucks for you.. let us know what happends... i experienced none of this after my car got the new reflash

Wimploki
05-01-2009, 10:29 PM
dang that sucks for you.. let us know what happends... i experienced none of this after my car got the new reflash

Update

Yea, it sucks big time. Since SCM was busy, I ended up stopping by Glendale Mitsu dealership and was in luck. Hardly any customers and they were able to scan it.

I informed them about the issues I've been having and all they did was reset the ECU. This remedy was useless. I think that it's something bigger.

I'll be headed down to SCM first thing tomorrow morning and try again. Getting a hold of Rigo personally is a must as well. I wouldn't want to waste several hours there just to get a reset again.

Anyhow, it's still showing the same symptoms. If this car ends up being a lemon, I will surely take it to the next level. Chances are the ECU is possibly screwed after the reflash.

Worst case scenario, SAWC on the mechanical side is defective.

Damn exclamation point keeps popping up from time to time. Heck, pressing the info button does nothing at times. Something is seriously wrong.

This car needs special attention. Sam, I hope your reading this! If possible, maybe you can pass on the word to Rigo for me.

ohhgyeahfasho
05-04-2009, 08:04 PM

Update

Yea, it sucks big time. Since SCM was busy, I ended up stopping Glendale Mitsu dealership and was in luck. Hardly any customers and they were able to scan it.

I informed them about the issues I've been having and all they did was reset the ECU. This remedy was useless. I think that it's something bigger.

I'll be headed down to SCM first thing tomorrow morning and try again. Getting a hold of Rigo personally is a must as well. I wouldn't want to waste several hours there just to get a reset again.

Anyhow, it's still showing the same symptoms. If this car ends up being a lemon, I will surely take it to the next level. Chances are the ECU is possibly screwed after the reflash.

Worst case scenario, SAWC on the mechanical side is defective.

Damn exclamation point keeps popping up from time to time. Heck, pressing the info button does nothing at times. Something is seriously wrong.

This car needs special attention. Sam, I hope your reading this! If possible, maybe you can pass on the word to Rigo for me.

any updates on whats goin on with your car?

808_EVO
05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm taking my car in on Saturday to SCM to get my hood latch cable changed out and also asked that they check and see if I need the most recent flash... Hmm I almost want to tell them not to do the flash!

evogeo
05-05-2009, 02:52 PM
so the other day i jumped on the onramp of the frwy floored it a bit and on my screen i got a image after checking the owners manuel i found out it was the "service required on the asc" wtf?! the weird thing is that the image didnt go away neither could i toggle thru menus. the screen was frozen i couldnt even turn my asc on or off my screen literaly froz. so when i got home i turned the car on and off... nothing ever came back on =/

has anyone else experienced this?

ninjaman
05-06-2009, 07:17 AM
dang, isnt a reflash suppose to do good things for your car?? especially the factory reflash..

Wimploki
05-06-2009, 09:37 AM
so the other day i jumped on the onramp of the frwy floored it a bit and on my screen i got a image after checking the owners manuel i found out it was the "service required on the asc" wtf?! the weird thing is that the image didnt go away neither could i toggle thru menus. the screen was frozen i couldnt even turn my asc on or off my screen literaly froz. so when i got home i turned the car on and off... nothing ever came back on =/

has anyone else experienced this?

That's the exact same thing that happened to me . No flooring of such, just regular driving (Still under break in process).

As for my update...

As stated before, I did get up early in the morning last Saturday so that I could head down to SCM. After about a mile of driving, I noticed that it's working again. WTF?! I can cycle through the info when pushing the button. It's no longer frozen and no more weird triangle warning signs with a exclamation point in it.

Is it working properly? That I have yet to determine.

I will give it a little more time and see if it stays this way. One hour drive to SCM is no fun especially when you get turned down for service due to the amount of cars being worked on.

This firmware flash updates by Mitsubishi is starting to remind me of Microsoft's Xbox 360 RROD updates! Hold on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Wimploki
05-06-2009, 09:44 AM

LOL! Make sure to knock on wood before saying something. hehehe j/k

I think that this new reflash has a bug in it.

808_EVO
05-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I just got my hood latch recall and reflash done today O0 Killed two birds with one stone! And I must say the car feels waaaay better after the reflash!

getting_evo_soon
05-16-2009, 10:03 AM
SORRY, just got a X yesterday what are these 1st and 2nd flashes? Do I need to get those? Do they charge for that?

Wimploki
05-16-2009, 01:26 PM
SORRY, just got a X yesterday what are these 1st and 2nd flashes? Do I need to get those? Do they charge for that?

If your car is running fine, don't bother. Just save up and get it flash tuned professionally.

getting_evo_soon
05-16-2009, 01:29 PM
i am picking it up today in 1 hour hehe ... I have a IX and im tuned, but i was just wondering if i need to get this reflash from the dealer .. hehe

JASON IN EVOX
05-28-2009, 02:56 PM
hmmm do I need another reflash?

I waited for the updated reflash last year got it done.

and lately for the passed couple months its doing the same thing where rpm jumps up and down when starting car or idling.

and several times my car has completely shut off when I am exiting the freeway, probably once a month.

although since the flash all I added was the cobb sf intake nothing else

SCAL3S
06-05-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm a super n00b to EVOs.....

I've noticed that about once a day, at idle, my revs spike (1100 RPM +), then dip (bellow 400).
Its even turned off about 5 times.

Is the flash just for the early batches, or all EVO Xs?

Is it worth it, or should i just get a custom tune?

Just bought my EVO one month ago.

808_EVO
06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm a super n00b to EVOs.....

I've noticed that about once a day, at idle, my revs spike (1100 RPM +), then dip (bellow 400).
Its even turned off about 5 times.

Is the flash just for the early batches, or all EVO Xs?

Is it worth it, or should i just get a custom tune?

Just bought my EVO one month ago.

I had the idle problem, got the reflash when I did my cable recall and it's all good now!

SCAL3S
06-05-2009, 11:31 PM
ah! cable recall? never heard of it.

Is it for all EVO Xs? clutch cable?

Im going to SCM on monday, i'll ask them if my EVO falls under that recall.

808_EVO
06-06-2009, 08:44 AM

It was a hood latch cable recall and while I was there had the latest reflash done.

Daskid
06-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Noob question: can you get the reflash done at SCM even if you didn't get your X from them?

Wimploki
06-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Noob question: can you get the reflash done at SCM even if you didn't get your X from them?

Yes

Wimploki
06-19-2009, 09:33 PM

It's for the hood latch cable.

llvllattP
06-19-2009, 10:13 PM
these reflashes are free for the people asking....

only from dealer...i prefer SCM because we went there just last week with my buddies X and everything was perfect...

no more idol problems from him

getting_evo_soon
06-20-2009, 01:02 AM

only from dealer...i prefer SCM because we went there just last week with my buddies X and everything was perfect...

my brother has this iddle problem ... it iddles @ 500 rpm .. so his car shakes haha ... so will this reflash fix it ?
i told him just to wait and get a tune, tuner >>> factory reflash

Daskid
06-20-2009, 04:12 PM

Yes

Oh great! Thanks!

Talked to Anaheim Mitsu and they said that it might take 3 hrs to do the reflash because sometimes the computer takes some time to flash it. He also wanted me to leave the car to him for me not to wait due to the long duration. But I read that the reflash only takes about less than an hour. So maybe I'll just go to SCM.

Thanks guys!

llvllattP
06-21-2009, 02:21 PM

my brother has this iddle problem ... it iddles @ 500 rpm .. so his car shakes haha ... so will this reflash fix it ?
i told him just to wait and get a tune, tuner >>> factory reflash

yes it will fix the problem....ya me and my friend i think we spend a good 3 hours at southcoast

babosheki
06-23-2009, 11:48 AM
o wow. i havent gotten a single reflash.... guess i gotta pay scm a visit.

jisam
07-18-2009, 11:30 PM
is this available to MR also ?

llvllattP
07-19-2009, 01:35 PM
i believe its for all Evo X's

imprezivevo
07-20-2009, 11:04 PM
yup tok a good three hours...

Looney Tuning
07-22-2009, 05:22 PM
yup tok a good three hours...

I can tune a car in 3 hours...Why does it take them so long to perform a simple reflash!!!

STIH8TER
08-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Are they still reflashing? is this free? I got my X about 6 months ago. Do I really need a reflash?

funks
08-24-2009, 09:42 PM
2008-08-24 (South Coast Mitsu, Costa Mesa) - I went there today to get the hood latch replaced and the ECU reflashed.Â* They said my wife's car (08 X GSR) already had the latest flash (has 52680017) so no reflash was done.Â* Â*Pretty weird considering some 08 EVOX's come with 52680020.Â* Dunno what the difference is..

In other words, if you already have 52680017, I doubt you will get a newer version flashed in.

Nevertheless, bump up for great service.

ospeeddemino
08-26-2009, 10:32 AM
i just dropped my car off about an hour ago to have the reflash done....hopefully it gets done.

335eater
08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
scm is a joke, they take forever to get shiz done

ospeeddemino
08-26-2009, 05:20 PM
just picked my car up. got the reflash done. fixed the low idle. i dropped my car off at 10 and they had finished the reflash by noon.

funks
08-26-2009, 10:44 PM
just picked my car up. got the reflash done. fixed the low idle. i dropped my car off at 10 and they had finished the reflash by noon.

What version did you end up getting?

ospeeddemino
08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
i dunno...how do i check