PDA

View Full Version : anyone want to help me with my brakes?

touchmyjagee
06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
hey guys,

i posted this previously in the DIY/Install Help thread, but it seems as though not a lot of ppl read that section, so i'm posting this in here as well.

im going to buy some brakepads with ss brakelines, and fluids (rotors if necessary), and would like to know if anyone who had prior experience in installing them willing to lend out a helping hand. i plan to install everything this sat, june 7 before a tracking event i signed up for.

as of now, im having jeff from 500whp install the stuff on my car, but i would like to save the money to sign up for another tracking event.

im located in cerritos, and will be willing to drive out if its more convenient for you. hopefully, you guys are in the fullerton area or somewhere not too far.

thanks.

urmotha
06-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Pads and rotors are both super easy, but i am the world's worst brake bleeder (I learned that the hard way when I installed Brembos on my WRX). Installing the lines is not too bad either, just be very careful not to over torque the banjo bolts to the caliper. If you're confident in doing the bleeding afterward, I wouldn't mind lending a hand with the rest of the job.

Terenus
06-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Bleed isn't too bad if you get speed bleeders, if not just have someone with monster calves to pump your brakes. haha

kimletrim
06-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Gian has some monster calves!

Terenus
06-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Gian has some monster calves!

ROFL! Bigger than Dima?

touchmyjagee
06-05-2008, 01:14 PM
I think I can do everything myself, its just that I would like someone to help me bleed the brakes since it a 2 man job. I guess I also want guidance as I never installed brakes before. If anyone would like to help, please let me know. I will buy you lunch/dinner.

Terenus
06-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Are you installing lines and everything? Are you on stock fluids?

If you're doing lines on stock fluids, might as well flush it all. You'll need 3 bottles of Motul, or the equivalent amount in ATE brake fluids. I heard ATE is good for daily driving and not as corrosive but it has a slightly lower boiling point.

PM me if you want my help.

touchmyjagee
06-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Are you installing lines and everything? Are you on stock fluids?

If you're doing lines on stock fluids, might as well flush it all. You'll need 3 bottles of Motul, or the equivalent amount in ATE brake fluids. I heard ATE is good for daily driving and not as corrosive but it has a slightly lower boiling point.

PM me if you want my help.

hey terenus,

im picking up my technafit ss brakelines, project mu b-force front and rear pads, and 3 bottles of motul rbf 600 on friday.

i plan to change everything at once. will you be free on sat? i *think* i have all the tools needed. i just need to find some empty bottles to store the drained fluids.

if saturday doesnt work, i can do sunday as well.

touchmyjagee
06-06-2008, 09:51 PM
woot, got everything installed. 8)

dabie
06-08-2008, 09:51 PM
glad to hear that you got them in... you will feel the difference at the track.. see ya there man

danielskshin
06-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Did you do it yourself or have someone help you out?

GL at your next track event!!

touchmyjagee
06-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Did you do it yourself or have someone help you out?

GL at your next track event!!

i had jeff from 500whp do it. since i saw him install it, i think i will know what to do next time i need to replace my pads.

i like my brakes so far, so squeeking at all, but i only put like 20 miles them.