PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on getting a O2 bung TIG welded into downpipe?

funks
06-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Was wondering if you offered welding as a service? I'd like to get an O2 bung TIG welded onto a downpipe (will bring the downpipe in).

Basically

1) Make hole in downpipe (3 o clock position near the cat flange)
2) TIG weld o2 bung (I don't have the o2 bung, so I'm wondering if you guys sold that too?)

What's the price for something like this?

CASH$ MONEY
06-09-2008, 11:51 PM
your better of calling them directly and asking Alfred.

good luck O0

silvrEVOIXn818
06-09-2008, 11:55 PM
any muffler shop should be able to handle that! I believe I payed like $30 from a shop out in Long Beach

GilbertFlores
06-10-2008, 12:37 AM
any muffler shop would do it. but ask if they tig...and ask if there good because its very simple to burn through stainless and create little holes that will leak and make the weld unstable. just call TT and ask them direct. best way to get through to them.

Sr20kidD
06-10-2008, 12:37 AM
funk, my guys here in gg can do it for 20, it wont be tig, it would be mig, but you wont see it anyways.. but tru to that, any muffler shop should be able to handle that..

GilbertFlores
06-10-2008, 12:41 AM
mig is good and all. strong welds if done right....but will look pretty crappy. lot of build up on the bung itself. like he said no one will see it but in my opinion i would tig the thing. looks alot cleaner and easier to see for bas welds or leaks.

^^^no offense to you bro. just giving my .02 O0

funks
06-10-2008, 12:50 AM
any muffler shop would do it. but ask if they tig...and ask if there good because its very simple to burn through stainless and create little holes that will leak and make the weld unstable. just call TT and ask them direct. best way to get through to them.

Hence me asking for TIG specifically :) - lol. Had a muffler shop do it before for me using MIG and made little holes (and it started rusting too). He said - oops, and put some more MIG blobs in it.

I posted instead of calling because other people are probably interested in this service and it make searching for such info easier in the future.

mrcotija
06-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I know alfred can do it because we've done it before. I'm not sure if he has the bung in stock though. And I'm not sure what the going rate is, but I do know he can do it.