PDA

View Full Version : IX Front Lip Help

gen4k20a2
06-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I hope this is in the right area....just noticed everything was rearranged!!

Anyways

The 2 plastic brackets on my lip, nearest the left and right fenders have broken. I came into a driveway, slowly at that, and it took a LITTLE scrape and now the corners of the lip are hanging. It seems the plastic pieces that hold the lip the the bumper have come off the lip.

I need to know what i need to get to fix this. Double sided 3m tape doesnt make it look right. Any vendors have a solution. I hope i dont need a new bumper too!

tanK
06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Join the club. Since my car has been track whore'd out I just left it as is. I attempted to repair using double sided tape but the verdict is: get a new lip.

gen4k20a2
06-16-2008, 03:37 PM
So those plastic brackets are on the lip only? The bumper is ok? How much do new lips run...painted of course! :)

PSG Evo
06-16-2008, 03:48 PM
The design of these front lips are done badly. AFAICT these plastic brakets are held on to the lip via thermal fusion during the manufacturing process, and its adhesion power is very week.

If you are good with your hands, you can:
1) remove the lip by removing the screws from the back of the lip
2) You will see that the broken plastic brackets will remain with the front bumper as you remove the lip
NOTE: Remember the orientation of the plastic bracket on the bumper.
3) Sand off the surface of the bracket and the location where it attaches to the lip.
4) Goto your local hardware store and pick up some heavy duty epoxy glue.
5) Be really careful when you glue the brackets back in its place because if you're off by a few tenths of an inch the lip will not fit right.
6) Screw the lip back in after the epoxy has dried.

If that's too much to do, just buy a new lip ;)

`Dom

MoReRyCe
06-16-2008, 03:49 PM
se lip at south coast mits $200 painted ww

SOUTHCOASTPARTS
06-16-2008, 04:38 PM
I have new Lips in Stock waiting to be put on!

gen4k20a2
06-17-2008, 11:54 AM
PM me price and install price!!! id be down for a WW SE lip!!!

tanK
06-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Keep in mind that if you were scraping and broke your clips on the stock 9 lip that the SE lip sits lower...

darkevo
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
this happend on my Evo 8.Â* My bodyshop just glued it back for me cheap.Â* Didn't want to spend that much for a new lip and SE lips were not invented yet...lol

I hope this is in the right area....just noticed everything was rearranged!!

Anyways

TheÂ* 2 plastic brackets on my lip, nearest the left and right fenders have broken. I came into a driveway, slowly at that, and it took a LITTLE scrape and now the corners of the lip are hanging. It seems the plastic pieces that hold the lip the the bumper have come off the lip.

I need to know what i need to get to fix this. Double sided 3m tape doesnt make it look right. Any vendors have a solution. I hope i dont need a new bumper too!

gen4k20a2
06-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Keep in mind that if you were scraping and broke your clips on the stock 9 lip that the SE lip sits lower...

Thats fine...i think the second damage was aided by the first damage...i just gotta be careful. Im sick of this broken lip. SC PARTS. If you could PM me that info...i would be down in a heart beat.