PDA

View Full Version : Evo X Camshafts

nijikon5
06-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Anyone heard how the GSCs are?

http://jnztuning.net/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1090&osCsid=8cc44617dd573077e495e714650be226

I stumbled upon that, needs upgraded valve springs.. Seems a bit pricey heh.. Wonder when Cossie, HKS, and BC will release cams :x.

GokuSSJ4
06-18-2008, 01:32 AM
OT: didn't know you purchase a freaking "X" frank.... wth!!?? loll i was wondering why you would bother to post any info about the X, but now i see the reason under your sn... congrats!!!
n it's just a matter of time before any of the big companies decide to explore the wonderful world of creating some new cams for the X. Just like they did for the Evo IX ...

CASH$ MONEY
06-18-2008, 01:35 AM
wow... cams out for the X already... they have a small lift though.. why?

GokuSSJ4
06-18-2008, 01:39 AM

do you have the oem specs on the mivec cams for the X??
they might have come with a smaller lift n duration.. which means more room for some serious n aggressive cams with a lot more duration.. time will tell though...
perhaps we will see a lift in the 12.0mm range without the need to change to solid lifters..

Sean penn
06-18-2008, 01:42 AM

I wonder if they are pricey because the cam gears are chain driven? Could it be? :-\ I bet u the the purte freakin evo's will be runing mid 10's with cams. I would wait til' cosworth comes out with a set first.

500whp
06-18-2008, 03:15 AM
I would wait ont he cams, most companies just came out w/ exhausts, and intakes =) Think about all the research GSC put in for those cams... you want that in ur car?

nijikon5
06-18-2008, 11:11 AM
OT: didn't know you purchase a freaking "X" frank.... wth!!?? loll i was wondering why you would bother to post any info about the X, but now i see the reason under your sn... congrats!!!
n it's just a matter of time before any of the big companies decide to explore the wonderful world of creating some new cams for the X. Just like they did for the Evo IX ...

Haha thanks Tom. Yeah i've had the X for about a month now. Come to the WLA meets or IM me on AIM if you want my impressions or have questions for me on it :].

Terenus
06-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Stock specs would be a nice number to compare with considering it requires springs with only 10.5mm lift compared to the 11mm on the 9s which is only recommended.

directorse7en
06-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Either way, I wouldn't do Cams until I seen someone else safely do it.

kimletrim
06-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Hey, someone wants to be the guinea pig, go right ahead. Its just like prescription drugs.

I on the ohter hand remember how it was with the Evo IX which had a variable intake cam but not the exhuast cam. Remember when a few owners were only switching out the exhuast cam on the IX? NOw with the X, there is variable timing on both the exhuast and intake cam. There is just more to sort out here before anything gets proven.

nijikon5
06-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey, someone wants to be the guinea pig, go right ahead. Its just like prescription drugs.

I on the ohter hand remember how it was with the Evo IX which had a variable intake cam but not the exhuast cam. Remember when a few owners were only switching out the exhuast cam on the IX? NOw with the X, there is variable timing on both the exhuast and intake cam. There is just more to sort out here before anything gets proven.

QFT. Waiting on HKS, Cossie, JUN, Tomei etc etc to release cams and daring folks on EvoM to make sure they can be dependable :].

Charlie@MFQ
06-18-2008, 04:55 PM
one expensive ass cams. Cams + valsprings and retainers + labor = WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

MJCT9A
06-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Waiting for JUN EVO X cams... ;)

GokuSSJ4
06-18-2008, 06:18 PM
one expensive ass cams. Cams + valsprings and retainers + labor = WOWWWWWWWWWWWW
welcome to the honda days... LOL
the first time i purchase a set of hks cams for the evo viii, i was shocked on how cheap they were n no valvetrain required* (near 475.00 that time around)
with Mivec all around and the new design of the motor and cylinder head along with all the components; its a matter of time when people start to find out the limits on the oem items.
waiting and seeing what results are accomplished is the best thing to do, specially when its something that hasn't been done before.

DC_TypeR
06-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Waiting on the Cossie Cams.

-Chris

srjohns
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I would wait ont he cams, most companies just came out w/ exhausts, and intakes =) Think about all the research GSC put in for those cams... you want that in ur car?

Hey hey hey, come on now... can you really say that about GSC? Their cams are proven bad ass... and from the conversation I had with Greg the other day, the X cams are not ready yet, I am not sure why this website is showing them as available, but they aren't.

EVOla_VIRUS
08-20-2008, 04:55 AM
http://www.camshaftshop.com/camshafts/view/30/mitsubishi-camshaft/

Kelford released their cams for the X...should be interesting

CASH$ MONEY
08-20-2008, 06:37 PM

-Chris

my buddy is with a X is getting the Kelford cams.....

DC_TypeR
08-21-2008, 07:59 PM

-Chris

my buddy is with a X is getting the Kelford cams.....

I don't think anytime soon, I've been back and forth with Kelford on Emails today, and they still haven't released anything yet.

I'm hoping to get a set for my time attack evo x.

-Chris