PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Technologies rocks the EcuTeK for the Evo X

Smogrunner
06-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Hello all,
I've been dickin' around at TTech a bit this past week and I was happy to find Alfred tuning his ass off on an Evo X with absolutely no mods at all. Seeing a X on the Dyno made me feel pretty happy, so I jumped in the back seat and yappedÂ* at Alfred as he did his magic. I realized that many customers and potential customers might not even know that TTech has purchased the EcuTek tuning platform. I think it was money very well spent!

Alfred loves the EcuTeK. It is quite advanced, uses the stock TWO boost selonoids, and has great map tracing features. I saw Alfred typing up a writeup to this and don't want to steal his thunder, but the car made huge power gains across board. I'm dying to post up the gains, but I'll be patient for Alfred. It made me want a 10 though.

Alfred is also tuning my car this week. Nothing is wrong with the Smogmobile, I've just put it under wraps cuz of how busy my schedule is and am trying to save some money in this shit box of an economy we are all struggling through. When we tune it, we are only going to do so on VP Street Blaze 100 for now. So no monster numbers should be expected.

Anyway, I'm really excited at what I saw with the Evo 10 and the EcuTeK. Alfred's numbers are in line with what we've been seeing with the best tuners across the country and he did it in 100+ degree weather. Let's bump this until Alfred posts a dyno sheet and his impressions.

Evo X owners, if you have any questions or want to schedule an appointment, don't hesitate to call or write. 909 783-1200.

MYFIRSTEVO
06-19-2008, 04:44 PM
I concur. Money well spent!!! I'm amazed at how well the X performs with only a tune. Even @ 104 Colton degrees, the car performed quiet well. I'm not going to spoil Alfred's post, so I'll chime in more as soon as Alfred post. Let go Alfred... post up your result and lets see that graph. =)

Smogrunner
06-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I should have copied the graph while I was there. I had my Flash drive with me and just forgot :idiot2:

MYFIRSTEVO
06-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I should have copied the graph while I was there. I had my Flash drive with me and just forgot :idiot2:

I have the graph, but i'll let Alfred do the official posting. Since he worked on it night and days! (Literally)

Smogrunner
06-19-2008, 05:02 PM

I have the graph, but i'll let Alfred do the official posting. Since he worked on it night and days! (Literally)

Yes, you were the patient one, young Padawan. lol

Remember this Evo 10 owners: If you wait until EcuFlash comes out, you will:
1. be slow til then
2. Alfred will save you money either way. If you buy the EcuTeK flash now, you will pay for the initial license. BUT, you will pay WAY LESS on subsequent re-tunes when you get your exhaust, intercooler, etc..... You will pay less whether you get an EcuTeK re-tune or you switch to ECUFlash.

Also, all those tuners waiting for ECUflash will be behind the curve in getting the most power out of the Evo X.

MYFIRSTEVO
06-19-2008, 05:03 PM
lol

1WkdEvo
06-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Patiently waiting. I was there earlier this week and he was acting like an excited school boy as he tuned this X :-)

BoostingAWD
06-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Im waiting for #.......

Comon ALFRED, hurry up and post !!!! LOL

CASH$ MONEY
06-19-2008, 06:25 PM
lets see the potential of the X

mrcotija
06-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Tom, good to hear from you, I too have been waiting for Alfred's post on this X. I was there when he tuned the car, and it's amazing, I can't wait for the writeup!!!!

Smogrunner
06-19-2008, 07:58 PM
I do have one complaint of the Evo 10. The back seat has no cup holders. Did I miss a fold down arm rest with holders in there?

Raymond, good to hear from you too. I hope to start my own power thread soon enough.

Alfred@TTech
06-19-2008, 09:57 PM
linky

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=61945.new#new