PDA

View Full Version : Evo X Stroke Kit, Valve Spring/retainers, and Camshafts by JUN

nijikon5
06-20-2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.junauto.co.jp/index-e.html, just released today.

Gear Grinder
06-20-2008, 06:15 PM
damn that was fast. :-o

EvoPwr
06-20-2008, 06:17 PM
no price

CRX2EVO
06-20-2008, 06:34 PM
hot

hellgunner
06-20-2008, 06:58 PM
saaaaweeet'

DC_TypeR
06-20-2008, 08:40 PM
I'll shoot out price guessing.... AT LEAST 3k.

IF not more.

javicracer
06-20-2008, 09:34 PM
I bet that is going to be over 8K

CASH$ MONEY
06-20-2008, 09:43 PM
shit coming out for the x alot faster then mods that came out for the IX...

leaveit2bevo
06-21-2008, 10:09 AM
uhh all the mods for the IX already came out for the VIII except for the cams. Is macky buying this since it was "touched by a god?"

DC_TypeR
06-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Price for the stoker kit is : $4200.00

Price for the Cams/springs retainers at most is going to be around $1400.00

Those are confirmed prices from distributors.

-Chris

seph09
06-24-2008, 04:39 PM
damn... can someone post up some end results of these goodies...?

^yo chris, you gonna get these? have you gotten your fuel system upgrade yet?

Miss Evo8
06-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Damn gots to start saving my pennies for the Hubby's Xmas present!!!!

MR.JUN EVO X
06-24-2008, 04:59 PM
I just heard the great news on the release of these parts available for our X's. How long will it be before Cosworth comes out with something similar? Had JUN hardware in my previous Evo and can attest for the quality and performance of them. I will post once I get a hold of these.

DC_TypeR
06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
damn... can someone post up some end results of these goodies...?

^yo chris, you gonna get these? have you gotten your fuel system upgrade yet?

Fuel pump is in... was a BEEE_I___ITCH!! Â*RC still is looking for an injector to match the style of the X, then the 1000CC's are going in..

I am really unsure if I am going to get these, are just hold off until the cossies come out...

:sigh:

-Chris

Sean penn
06-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I am sure cosworth is gonna come out with something better and u won't even have to change valve train to accommodate the cams. I'd say the evo x will make 350whp 91oct on a md with the cams and valve train.

MJCT9A
06-24-2008, 05:47 PM
IIRC Cosworth's cam approach is targeting the low to mid power range while JUN's more aggresive cam achieves mid to high end power...of course depending on your application...either way the power that can be extracted from the 4b11 is rediculous with little to no mods...now u can truely say it's all in the "tune"...

Cam whores can chime in..

DC_TypeR
06-24-2008, 06:16 PM
I am sure cosworth is gonna come out with something better and u won't even have to change valve train to accommodate the cams. I'd say the evo x will make 350whp 91oct on a md with the cams and valve train.

Look at my Sig.

355whp on pump gas.
That is with a mild tune, on 91 with no cams, or fuel pump.

I'd say the X will break 400whp on 91 octane with cams, a fuel pump and injectors.

I'm willing to bet money on it as well.

:)

-Chris

HB Evo Owner
06-24-2008, 11:13 PM
quality partss

nijikon5
06-25-2008, 01:59 AM
So far the light bolt-on and tune numbers for the 4B11 are impressive ( just look @ EvoPowa's car). The 4G63 was legendary and I hope the 4B11 can do the best to carry on it's legacy. Can any Honda heads chime in on the move from the B series to K series? Just among some Honda friends back in HS they seemed to really be against the K-series when they first came out. However, most of them warmed up to the K-series after a while saying it was a really good motor and praising the i-vtec.

Sean penn
06-25-2008, 03:07 AM

Look at my Sig.

355whp on pump gas.

I'd say the X will break 400whp on 91 octaneÂ* with cams, a fuel pump and injectors.

-Chris

Yeah, On rre's high ass reading dyno. Put that bitch on a "mainland dyno" over there in a shop in(I forgot the name of it) buena park and ur 355whp will drop to like 295ish. How about this... get the cams and valve train, injectors and fp, have scott tune ur car on rre's dyno. Then we will take ur car to that spot in buena park and compare. If u make 400whp or more on the stock turbo, on pump gas, on the mainland dyno i will pay for ur dyno pulls+$100. If u lose the bet or try to cheat by putting in any octane higher than 91oct u will pay me $100 and pay for my car to be on the dyno.

Lemme know! I am serious!

DC_TypeR
06-25-2008, 07:44 AM

Look at my Sig.

355whp on pump gas.

I'd say the X will break 400whp on 91 octane with cams, a fuel pump and injectors.

-Chris

Yeah, On rre's high ass reading dyno. Put that bitch on a "mainland dyno" over there in a shop in(I forgot the name of it) buena park and ur 355whp will drop to like 295ish. How about this... get the cams and valve train, injectors and fp, have scott tune ur car on rre's dyno. Then we will take ur car to that spot in buena park and compare. If u make 400whp or more on the stock turbo, on pump gas, on the mainland dyno i will pay for ur dyno pulls+$100. If u lose the bet or try to cheat by putting in any octane higher than 91oct u will pay me $100 and pay for my car to be on the dyno.

LOL

I wasn't aware that there was an AWD Dyno in Buena Park.

When did you Dyno at RRE? How do you know it's a "high ass reading dyno"?

How about this... YOU dyno your car at RRE, then dyno at the "mainland dyno" in Buena Park back to back, just so you can see the difference in dyno numbers loss/gain. Same boost, same octane

I'm not here to dyno race, just here to say it's been done already, on 91 octane @ 22.5 psi.

Check EVOM, there are a couple guys, with similar mods, making about the same whp back east. on 93 octane
All of them on different dynos.

Just imagine this.. There is so much more potential that is left:

Cam's, Ported Head,Throttle body and Intake Manifold, Down Pipe, Turbo Outlet Pipe, Thicker IC Core, Injectors, Fuel Pump
All of those things will help INCREASE power, and have NOT been done yet... keeping the stock turbo

And you can mark my words on this... RRE Doesn't have a "high ass reading dyno". There are a couple members on the board that have dyno'd at back to back places, and RRE reads lower then some dyno jets ;)

Thank you, come again!

-Chris

tabio42
06-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Everytime you don't buy a Jun part, God kills a kitten.

Doesn't the X have oil squirters from the factory? Or are the Jun ones bigger?

ARC_EVO
06-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Dear MOTHER OF GOD.....i want...lol

vortech_g35
06-25-2008, 11:37 AM

Look at my Sig.

355whp on pump gas.

-Chris

The X on stock turbo/stock internals with 438whp has already broke into the 10 sec 1/4 times. I don't think your Ferrari killing car can even do this.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=351591

Miss Evo8
06-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Look at my Sig.

355whp on pump gas.

-Chris

Since when did RRE have a "High Reading" dyno? Last time I checked my car read 40hp & 45tq lower there then the TT dyno...
The "mainland" dyno in BP you are talking about... is it near the Don Jose restaurant?

leaveit2bevo
06-25-2008, 01:12 PM
If were going to get into the E-cock contest ill add some fuel, on GST's mustang dyno I put down 317whp and 292wtp and on RRE's Dyno I put down 338whp and 318wtq. Only difference is I dont know what the ambient temps were when I dynoed at GST they were 86 at RRE. Deff not astronomically high like you guys think.

Wests
06-27-2008, 03:21 AM
I can't wait until someone puts that stroker on their car. It's gonna be sick!