PDA

View Full Version : ignition problem?? sometimes??

JASON IN EVOX
07-01-2008, 02:04 PM
hey guys so I encountered this only 3 times so far in the 6 months I have had the evox.

gsr "" keyless entry"" sss package.

i get into the car no problem without unlocking the car by using the remote you know just pulling the door handle twice so no problem,

I get in and try to turn the ignition and its stuck, at first I thought it might not be getting my key signal so i sit there for like 5 minutes trying to figure it out and finally get frustrated and pull out the plastic knob and take out the key from the remote to turn the ignition,

-_- stuck again it just wont turn after getting frustrated i left the car came back in 5 minutes the car recognizes the key and I am good to go, this happened 3 times so far.

any input?? or am I turning the key wrong or something? haha

antics22
07-01-2008, 11:47 PM
sounds silly, but check your pocket... for some reason, my keyless remote doesnt like my treo smartphone... when they are together in the same pocket, it doesnt work... also, ive noticed sometimes that if i have my key in my left pocket and wearing loose pants, the key will droop over the seat between the door panel and the seat... and it will say "key missing".... If i have the key in my right pocket (closer to the shifter), then its no problems....

kimletrim
07-02-2008, 10:31 AM
^^ditto.

Hard8LJ
09-30-2008, 08:07 PM
This never happened to me until I read this post, now it happens all the time. Damnit!

NRG
10-02-2008, 01:38 PM
makes me wonder if the car engine is on and you walk away from the car with the FAST key, will the engine self shutoff?

HardRideCafe
11-30-2008, 03:49 AM
It has happened to me a couple of times also. I just wait a couple of seconds and then it will start. Pretty annoying.

strat10
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Crap, I should not have read this one, now watch, its going to happen to me. :tickedoff:

silverride
12-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Happened to me too ... Until I turned the steering wheel a little to disengage the steering wheel lock.