PDA

View Full Version : Gen. Clark's criticism of McCain's military service.

kimletrim
07-01-2008, 09:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080702/ap_on_el_pr/mccain_clark;_ylt=Aj6WKuVKMsERaEAd_fHWKNBh24cA

I agree wholeheartedly with General Clark's comments about McCain's military service. How can anyone fault Clark's comments? He's simply stating that just because you served in the military and made a POW does not automatically qualify you as a President of the United States. Its just as bad as black people voting for Obama just because he's black. There have been plenty of presidents in the past who had no military experience whatsoever and still made excellent leaders. Inversely, there have been plenty of presidents with military experience who have not made very good Presidents.

What do others think?

1WkdEvo
07-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Your argument makes too much sense for SCE...hence I think you should be banned until after the election

yobless
07-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Your argument makes too much sense for SCE...hence I think you should be banned until after the election

+juan

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/yobless/funny%20pics/ban_him.jpg

kimletrim
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM

+juan

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/yobless/funny%20pics/ban_him.jpg

How very democratic! LOL

It should read "BAN KIM"

Skiracer
07-01-2008, 11:44 PM
I can't recall any US Presidents that held a prior executive level military position...

Skiracer
07-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I can't recall any US Presidents that held a prior executive level military position...

Ok, i can recall 1 president, George Washington

1WkdEvo
07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah and we all know how THAT worked out!

EVOMANIAC
07-02-2008, 08:10 AM

Teddy Roosevelt was a Colonel. Eisenhower was a General.

kimletrim
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM

Teddy Roosevelt was a Colonel. Eisenhower was a General.

Exactly the two that came to mind. There are others...William H. Harrison?, Andrew Jackson?

yobless
07-02-2008, 03:54 PM
How about recent presidents...post Vietnam

Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush "uno"
Clinton
Bush "deux"

I agree w/ the Generals comments...

dubledee
07-02-2008, 08:28 PM

Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush "uno"
Clinton
Bush "deux"

not sure what you're trying to get at... saying that all the presidents suck after VN war? but yeah, i do agree with Clark's comments.

yobless
07-02-2008, 09:02 PM

Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush "uno"
Clinton
Bush "deux"

not sure what you're trying to get at... saying that all the presidents suck after VN war? but yeah, i do agree with Clark's comments.

I wasn't trying to "get" at anything but thanks for "ass"uming.

I just posted the names, in chronological order, of current era presidents who may or may have not served in the military, i'll let the forum members do the research on their own.

EVOMANIAC
07-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Bush Jr kept the skies over Texas free of VC planes.

fastkevin
07-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Clark is a nit-wit. Back when Kerry was running, he made some comment about him serving, and therefore being qualified.
Now he's using military service AGAINST McCain? What a tool..
Nobody knows what it takes to survive what McCain went through in all those years in a North Vietnamese POW camp, except those who were there. I would suspect it takes a lot more courage, honor, mental and physical strength, and intelligence than Clark and Obama have put together. McCain not only had to deal with the daily torturing, starvation etc.. himself. As a senior officer, he had to help others get through it as well.
You are allowed to not agree with his political beliefs. You're a complete and total Moron if you make any disparaging comments about McCain's service to his country. Very few have have been tested as he was in defense of their country.