PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide Gas Prices. . .

choicelaw
07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
So the LA Times reports that we are LUCKY to be paying under $5.00 a gallon. . . . :-o

Worldwide:

Oslo:Â* $9.85 a gallon :-o
Paris: $9.43

Tokyo: $6.30
Seoul: $7.33

Brazil: $6.38

BUT IF YOU DRIVE AN EVO IN SAUDI ARABIA....... $0.47 a gallon :tickedoff:

S2myEVO
07-10-2008, 08:02 AM
WTF!?!?!?!?

im moving to saudi to do god knows what.

SpySat
07-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Try Mexico! Diesel is 0.48/gal; premium petrol (91??) is $0.40.

choicelaw
07-10-2008, 08:10 AM
? Mexico is $2.62 ish. . .

HOW ABOUT VENEZUELA listed at [b]$0.12 a gallon

S2myEVO
07-10-2008, 08:24 AM
^^venezuela is dealing with the arabs!!

choicelaw
07-10-2008, 08:33 AM
It's actually a big oil producing country. Plus you can drink and smoke there and the weather is better than Saudi A. I guess that settles it. . . ROADTRIP to Caracas! Woot! :buck2:

EVOMANIAC
07-10-2008, 11:03 AM
The price of gas in this country is not the fault of Saudi Arabia or Kuwait or any other oil producing country. We get less than 20% of our oil from Saudi Arabia. The reason our gas is so expensive is because there are not enough refineries to keep up with demand. Oil companies have not built any new refineries since the mid 80's due to EPA regulations. If they build anew refinery it will cut into their profits. Katrina damaged some refineries on the Gulf Coast and they still havent been repaired. So in order to curb demand the price goes up so they can keep up with the demand. We also pay an outrageous amount of taxes on every gallon of gas we buy. The Gov taxes people that make their own bio-diesel too.

mystik_khmer
07-10-2008, 11:10 AM
road trip to SAUDI ARABIA guys... 8)

SpySat
07-10-2008, 12:26 PM
The price of gas in this country is not the fault of Saudi Arabia or Kuwait or any other oil producing country. We get less than 20% of our oil from Saudi Arabia. The reason our gas is so expensive is because there are not enough refineries to keep up with demand. Oil companies have not built any new refineries since the mid 80's due to EPA regulations. If they build anew refinery it will cut into their profits. Katrina damaged some refineries on the Gulf Coast and they still havent been repaired. So in order to curb demand the price goes up so they can keep up with the demand. We also pay an outrageous amount of taxes on every gallon of gas we buy. The Gov taxes people that make their own bio-diesel too.

Let me get this right. If we allow the oil companies to build more refineries, or better yet we just build new ones for them using our tax dollars cause we know they're busy spending all those profits, then magically the price of a barrel of crude will drop to $10? And a gallon of precious juice for our cars will suddenly drop to $1.19? You gonna share what you're smoking?

Referencing:
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/StockInvestingTrading/GasPriceBreakDown.aspx

Distribution and marketing: 6%
Refining: 10%
Taxes: 11%
Crude: 73%

So if we completely eliminated the costs of refining and taxes, a $5.00 gallon would only go down to $3.95. Just eliminating refining costs alone nets a gallon at $4.50.

I'll come by later with the pipe.

JT-KGY
07-10-2008, 12:27 PM
So the LA Times reports that we are LUCKY to be paying under $5.00 a gallon. . . . :-o

I really hate to read those reports that says we should feel "lucky" to be paying under $xxx...
The fact is that oil prices were half of today in the beginning of 2008...
So what happened? Did oil demand just double in 6 months? Did population double or something?
or did supply halved????

directorse7en
07-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I demand 1999 prices for gas in the USA!

$1.50 FTW!

EVOMANIAC
07-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Let me get this right. If we allow the oil companies to build more refineries, or better yet we just build new ones for them using our tax dollars cause we know they're busy spending all those profits, then magically the price of a barrel of crude will drop to $10? And a gallon of precious juice for our cars will suddenly drop to $1.19? You gonna share what you're smoking?

Referencing:
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/StockInvestingTrading/GasPriceBreakDown.aspx

Distribution and marketing: 6%
Refining: 10%
Taxes: 11%
Crude: 73%

So if we completely eliminated the costs of refining and taxes, a $5.00 gallon would only go down to $3.95. Just eliminating refining costs alone nets a gallon at $4.50.

I'll come by later with the pipe.

Its too late to build refineries to help lower the price of gas. I was explaining how the market is being driven by other factors. People also are driving the market up by trading in futures.
Here is link about trading practices: http://www.stopoilspeculationnow.com/

Evolutionized
07-10-2008, 01:12 PM
well thats all bullshit...

they are now comparing it to those numbers so we dont feel bad for getting RIPPED.

Saint
07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
The reason we're paying so much...and the reason it looks like other countries are paying so much is the weak dollar.

Alexmetalgod
07-10-2008, 02:16 PM
well idk if u guys r down but we car jack a gasoline trailor before it goes to the gas station and then we slang it??!!??
yes? no?
lol

RPD_FKTARD
07-10-2008, 02:57 PM
so what's gonna happen next year? $7?

Alexmetalgod
07-12-2008, 03:00 PM
have u guys seen the movie "i am legend"?
well when will smith is walking through the city in the background u can c a gas station and prices where over 6 bucks or more..i forgot and thats in year 2012...which i know the price will be that high...

g1ovan13
07-13-2008, 12:56 AM
we need a hybid evo

vial8or
07-13-2008, 01:33 AM
so what's gonna happen next year? $7?

:(
Imagine.

Limited boost ftl!