PDA

View Full Version : RRE ECUTek's my X

AaronI1
07-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Mods:

Works Drop In
RRE Dual Exhaust
RRE Resonated Test Pipe

Baseline was around 269ish, after was 317whp.Â* I switched out the TP with a HFC afterwards due to the smell.Â* Mike said I will lose around 4-6whp, but i dont really care.Â* Very soon, im going to be upgrading my FMIC and piping.Â* Now my car finally feels like a Evo.Â* Props to Mike and RRE. O0

antics22
07-14-2008, 10:59 AM
looks good Aaron! Why didn't you just wait for your IC pipes and Intercooler before the tune? Now you're gonna have to get a re-tune...

tanK
07-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Is it REALLY necessary to tune for intercooler pipes?

AaronI1
07-14-2008, 11:30 AM
looks good Aaron! Why didn't you just wait for your IC pipes and Intercooler before the tune? Now you're gonna have to get a re-tune...

yeah, i really wasnt gonna mod it more than what it is right now but, you know how that goes.Â* I really want the Nisei 1pc black UICP since im going the complete stealth look.Â* I even had RRE stealth out my exhaust by painting it with the high temp black paint and throwing on the stealth black tips.Â* Ant, do you know where i can get those Nisei UICP?Â* And what intercooler would you suggest i should go with?Â* Im possibly gonna buy Chris' parts, which is the R&D car, or go with AMS or ETS.Â* What do you think?

AaronI1
07-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Is it REALLY necessary to tune for intercooler pipes?

i dont really think so. Scot told me on irc that its not even necessary for a retune if i throw on a dp.

evogeo
07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey man the tune looks good! I have pretty much what u have + a uicp and I'm up to date on my dealer reflashes... but my car seems to still stutter a bit when idling... did ur car car do that before the tune? And if it did.. How does it idle now after the tune..?

Thanks Aaron

AaronI1
07-14-2008, 11:47 AM
to tell you the truth, car felt like complete shit before the tune.Â* Idle was crap, above 5k rpm was shit.Â* this was with both factory reflashes.Â* My car would bog and stall at idle sometimes also.Â* After the tune, my car runs very very smooth and nice.Â* really strong also.Â* I highly suggest you get a aftermarket tune.

Aaron

1SiCkeVo
07-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Congrats on the tune those are some nice numbers for very minimal mods. We basically have the same exhaust except that i got polished magnaflow tips but with the exhaust gases and everything they're black lol. I was waiting for ECU flash but seeing more ppl geting tuned i cant wait haha. Congrats on the tune again

evogeo
07-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the reply Aaron!
Hopefully I get a tune soon... I really hate that crappy idling.. And the lack of power..

antics22
07-14-2008, 03:38 PM
for the X, I do think a tune is necessary since the pipes and the FMIC have shown power increases. Only logical sense would be to get tuned for those parts...

Aaron, you can get the nisei parts through nisei directly. Just email them, or PM me and I can give you the info. They also have a lower pipe in the works in case you didnt know. I posted about it on EVOM.

DC_TypeR
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Nice gains.

Let me know about the parts.

Your car is a beast. It baselined higher then mine. You should easily hit over 350whp with my FMIC/Intercooler piping and intake.

-Chris

blkside
07-14-2008, 04:04 PM
I am working on the mods to make power but it def has a shitty idle after the flashes too.... Need an aftermarket tune and parts... wanna let me drive your car Aaron... or at least take me for a spin...lol

AaronI1
07-14-2008, 04:18 PM
for the X, I do think a tune is necessary since the pipes and the FMIC have shown power increases. Only logical sense would be to get tuned for those parts...

Aaron, you can get the nisei parts through nisei directly. Just email them, or PM me and I can give you the info. They also have a lower pipe in the works in case you didnt know. I posted about it on EVOM.

thanks Ant

Nice gains.

Let me know about the parts.

Your car is a beast. It baselined higher then mine. You should easily hit over 350whp with my FMIC/Intercooler piping and intake.

-Chris

Chris, i'll definately keep in touch with you about these parts.Â* I really want them.

I am working on the mods to make power but it def has a shitty idle after the flashes too.... Need an aftermarket tune and parts... wanna let me drive your car Aaron... or at least take me for a spin...lol

blkside, definately man.Â* If you want, you can show up to possibly the Chino hills meet this thursday and i'll let you take it for a spin.

blkside
07-14-2008, 04:26 PM
You going to be at MOD... My wife is in the Hospital so afternoons I spend there... So meets arent gonna happen although I may stop by on the way home... Im in Elsinore and hosp is in Irvine so its on the way home..

AaronI1
07-14-2008, 06:02 PM
You going to be at MOD... My wife is in the Hospital so afternoons I spend there... So meets arent gonna happen although I may stop by on the way home... Im in Elsinore and hosp is in Irvine so its on the way home..

Sorry about your wifey bro, hope she feels better.Â* About MOD, i have no idea yet.Â* I might be stuck with the wifey and all, but if i can sneak away, i'll be there.Â* let me know.

Aaron

BTW, your car looks fucking sweet

element2zz
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
man I gotta go back to RRE, I had them do my exhaust too.... no black tips though! i sent you a pm on that topic...

how much did u pay for the tune..?

and how long did they have your evo??

I live far from there in the AV and its tough for me to get sown there... I was thinking about getting a mail in flash from ams, but after those numbers i gotta take it in to RRE. Im gonna get my front mount and intercoller pipes first then to RRE for my tune!

agent45
08-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Great numbers Aaron!! O0

AaronI1
08-01-2008, 07:04 PM
It was there for 2 days. Â*installed a hfc, the exhaust, and tune. Â*Tune costs around 750ish. Â*MPG still sucks balls, but power band is sweet, no more shitty idle, and the car finally feels like an evo.

AaronI1
08-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Great numbers Aaron!! O0

thanks bro. I want a intercooler and licp.

agent45
08-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Hells yeah!!! I got an ETS dual catback, custom fabricated merge collector, Tuning Tech test pipe with CEL fix, cone filter, Royal Purple, MBC, and all the dealer flashes, and I dont have a shitty idle anymore. The MBC, really got rid of the up top, hesistation too, it pulls hard all the way to redline now, btw. I am waiting to get the UICP and intercooler, then I'm gonna tune. The car pulls so hard now, and yes i agree, it finally feels like an evo now. This is all without a tune, I cant wait to get a tune, yr numbers give me hope, once again good job O0

AaronI1
08-01-2008, 07:13 PM
yeah, i was honestly originally gonna just tune it without any mods.Â* but you know how that goes.Â* I just installed my uicp last week.Â* It did help out in the spool up.Â* Like i said, now i want a intercooler and licp.Â*

Agent, you'll throw up some good #'s with those mods and a tune.Â* cant wait to see your results.Â* Post them up when you get them done. O0

agent45
08-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Definitely, will do man. Yeah I can only imagine how great it will feel with a proper tune. Do you have the Nisei polished pipes, or the stealth looking ones, they have some sexy pipes, i want the red ones, but i may just end up going stealth when the time comes to gt them.

AaronI1
08-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Definitely, will do man. Yeah I can only imagine how great it will feel with a proper tune. Do you have the Nisei polished pipes, or the stealth looking ones, they have some sexy pipes, i want the red ones, but i may just end up going stealth when the time comes to gt them.

Its the Matte black stealthy looking one. Im going the complete stealth look, instead of the shiny bling look. Nisei's 1pc uicp are really nice.

agent45
08-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Cool, thanks for the info, I might get those or the ETS ones, RRE has the stealth ETS ones he showed me, last time i was there.

D7
08-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Can RRE tune the X MR using ECUtek?

agent45
08-01-2008, 07:33 PM
I believe so, just call them up and ask for Mike. O0

blkside
08-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Im sure they can... Aaron we are going to have to talk.. I already called dibs on stealth.. I have painted all the shiny shit under the hood... You go bling and well call it even...

AaronI1
08-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Im sure they can... Aaron we are going to have to talk.. I already called dibs on stealth.. I have painted all the shiny shit under the hood... You go bling and well call it even...

haha, but you got some blingin shiny rims, and i have stock black rims. haha. Man, your car looks sick.

blkside
08-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Those were for the show but right now just eating the tires off cause they were a little scalloped. Then back to the stockers for daily and new tires on the Weds.... And some wide ass wheels for the track...

Skiracer
08-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Aaron, thanks for letting my car go into service before yours. You're such a gentleman O0 :2funny: :D

stealth_evo
08-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Nice numbers dude. Congrats!

AaronI1
08-06-2008, 09:35 PM
thanks fellas.

Simon, you're lucky im a nice guy. hah. my car was worked on right after yours. I was out of rre by 4, and got fucked my traffic.

viciouz
11-28-2008, 12:51 PM
sorry to revive this thread, but has anyone every looked into the RRE pipes vs. Nisei pipes? Which route did the OP go?

blkside
11-28-2008, 02:34 PM
The RRE pipes and ETS are excellent set... the numbers between the two arent worth the difference in price .

Mike W
11-28-2008, 03:10 PM
With the Nisei stuff you are locked into Nisei and you cant use other intakes like the AEM. They move the BOV to their own place and that knocks over a bunch of dominoes under the hood as to what you cant use. We went with ETS.

Mike W

AaronI1
11-28-2008, 05:01 PM
What Mike said

viciouz
11-28-2008, 09:28 PM
what about the RRE pipes vs. ETS pipes? Any dynos or pros/cons of each?

blkside
11-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Go for what you prefer.... they are comparable... I buy things with RRE on them cause I am an RRE Whore.

Mike W
11-28-2008, 11:24 PM
ETS make our pipes in our specific flat black color. We supply the our own black (with black liner) silicone hoses and what we think are better hose clamps that are less obvious to the po-po.

Mike W