PDA

View Full Version : Best Evo JDM parts

Evolutionized
07-15-2008, 01:20 AM
Hey guys i was just wondering, what do you think is the Best of the Best when it comes to JDM parts...

i got a friend taking a trip and just lookin for ideas! O0

evobros
07-15-2008, 01:23 AM
thats kinda hard =/

Evolutionized
07-15-2008, 01:25 AM
^^ haha i know a friend of mine was like yah i will do a little looking around. So now he tells me this nothing comes to mind LOL

GilbertFlores
07-15-2008, 01:40 AM
just go with the basics....

voltex - chargespeed - HKS japan - there are lots. just look around O0

Evolutionized
07-15-2008, 01:43 AM
haha i know but im not going my friend is.

haha i will search online for some stuff...

thanks

GilbertFlores
07-15-2008, 01:50 AM
tell him to bring you some stuff back

j_nizzle
07-15-2008, 02:01 AM
just go with the basics....

voltex - chargespeed - HKS japan - there are lots. just look around O0

hks KANSAI, trust (greddy), coltspeed, mine's, aragosta, dg-5, "the real" apexi', rays (wheels...volks, gramlights, etc.), SSR, ProDrive, go to the major shops here and ask what has a long waiting list. odds are, you might find it easily in japan.

Evolutionized
07-15-2008, 02:03 AM
haha for sure!

lookin to pick up a few small things nothing thats gunna kill my friend to shipp back..
im gunna see if he can source some headlights and tails.
then hopefully he can grabb some pretty cool shyett!
thanks J_nizzle

javicracer
07-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Monster FTW!!!!!

CASH$ MONEY
07-15-2008, 02:53 AM
auto zone stickers?

Evolutionized
07-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Cash i will pick you up a JDM weezy CD

cost you balla amounts tho
sucka

ev0ninerr
07-15-2008, 04:27 AM
Pick me up a JDM chick.

I like the Trust exhaust sound.

maikumaru
07-15-2008, 07:24 AM
other than the above brands
ralliart--> we get next to nothing over here
launsport (wrc custom) makes some interesting goods

jello810
07-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Monster FTW!!!!!

+1...not too many have them as well as colt speed.

BrokenDork
07-15-2008, 10:39 AM
JDM EYE DROPS!!!! and DJ mix cigerrettes ftw! hahah

MJCT9A
07-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Why would you want to be like the rest....everything that has been mentioned above is way too common...you want the small shop rare ish...

garage-hrs
JUN
LAILE

etc..

nck brkr
07-21-2008, 05:40 PM
auto zone stickers?

Lol

Mister
07-21-2008, 06:00 PM
APC and Mooneyes are huge in Japan.

Go pick up some of those parts. Mad jdm yo. O0

Sean penn
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Best jdm parts are the exterior and interior parts and rims. The power parts just look nice but are worth jack shit when it comes to making power. Save ur money and get good american quality parts for ur evo. "JDM" is too over rated and expensive.

javicracer
07-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Best jdm parts are the exterior and interior parts and rims. The power parts just look nice but are worth jack shit when it comes to making power. Save ur money and get good american quality parts for ur evo. "JDM" is too over rated and expensive.

Ur telling me that tomei, HKS, Jun, parts worth shit!!! and dont make power!!!!!! u need to do ur homework

Sean penn
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM

Ur telling me that tomei, HKS, Jun, parts worth shit!!! and dont make power!!!!!! u need to do ur homework

Jun,hks,tomei have nice stroker kits, but they are expensive as hell. I'd rather get a buschur racing 2.0l short block that cost $3,300 and is way cheaper then a jun,hks and tomei stroker. If jdm shit is so tight, why doesn't ams and buschur racing use these jdm strokers in their high end evo's? Go back to school homeboy

javicracer
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM

Jun,hks,tomei have nice stroker kits, but they are expensive as hell. I'd rather get a buschur racing 2.0l short block that cost $3,300 and is way cheaper then a jun,hks and tomei stroker. If jdm shit is so tight, why doesn't ams and buschur racing use these jdm strokers in their high end evo's? Go back to school homeboy

Go back to school homeboy?? look the fact is that u cant afford a jdm part, i pretty sure that u cant afford a buschur short block too!!! so instead of telling me get back to school u should better think in get a better job so u can afford think that i do, and dont tell me that jdm doesn't work!!!!!

EvoSwaggA
07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Georgia(hot) coffee in a can and Kissmint gum O0

Sean penn
07-24-2008, 11:58 PM

Go back to school homeboy?? look the fact is that u cant afford a jdm part, i pretty sure that u cant afford a buschur short block too!!! so instead of telling me get back to school u should better think in get a better job so u can afford think that i do, and dont tell me that jdm doesn't work!!!!!

Ooooooooooh... so now we are talking about money issues? I can buy any jdm part i want. But, i am not dumb enough to spend thousands more for something that I can get for way cheaper and is most likely better in durability and u can get more for ur money. I would much rather get cosworth internals over any jdm vender out there. But, if an rre,ams or a B.R. assembled long block can do the same thing as a cosie long block... why the hell would u spend multi-thousands for just a fuckin name?

So, go ahead and buy ur $6,600 GAYdm short-block and I will buy my $4,500 long-block. I will still have $2,100 to spend on my tranny, turbo kit, ems etc. Oh yeah, I will still be smokin ur ass on the track or the strip. Remember... America is the home of the fastest evo 8's/9's in the world. Do u see those shops using GAYdm parts? Hell Naw!!! The only Jdm shit that is cool, is the oem shit. Like the evo 9 bumper and the over all layout of the jdm evo that is not found in the u.s. evo's. Go ahead and spend $25k on ur evo and I will spend $15k on mine and when its all said and done, I would happily keep my built evo after waiting for about two months to get it completely built. As for u my friend, u would have to wait about... 6-8 months because all ur "JDM" Parts come from japan and have to be imported.

When it's all said and done, ur going to be pist off cuz u waited so long and then ur probably going to sell it because u realized that u spent way too much money for ur shit and u will not make any of the money back that u spent on modifying ur evo full of "jdm" parts. End of story and gl with throwing ur money away bro and I have nothing else to say.

MJCT9A
07-25-2008, 12:30 AM
damn i should've bought a cobalt SS, Solstice GXP, Redline SKYY, or a dodge caliber SRT...what was i thinking...american pwns all

Sean penn
07-25-2008, 12:38 AM
damn i should've bought a cobalt SS, Solstice GXP, Redline SKYY, or a dodge caliber SRT...what was i thinking...american pwns all

I hope ur joking and that u get where i am coming from. Japan has some of the most sophisticated sport cars on the market and I really don't see myself buying an american sport car any time soon. Remeber... we are disscusing "jdm" parts and not "jdm" cars here bro.

evobros
07-25-2008, 12:39 AM
JDM!!!!!!!!

evobros
07-25-2008, 12:40 AM
JDM!!!!!!!!

Jap_WHiP
07-25-2008, 12:41 AM
j_nizzle said this somewhere, I swear...

"...those with the all ARC Bays r gay..."

Wow nizz, I didn' know you felt that way?... *:2funny:

+1

j_nizzle
07-25-2008, 12:43 AM
"...those with the all ARC Bays r gay..."

Wow nizz, I didn' know you felt that way?... :2funny:

+1

meh, all show, no go!!! jdm!!!!!!!!!

ballers and shot callers get the jdm aem cold air intake! LOL

Sean penn
07-25-2008, 12:45 AM
ADM!!
http://www.fitnessvixens.com/gals/brandy-dahl-bikini-beach/bikini6.html

j_nizzle
07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
adm = red x?

...this isnt good.

Jap_WHiP
07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
lol... :2funny:

F that, APC, American Products Company is how I roll... *:buck2:

MJCT9A
07-25-2008, 12:47 AM

I hope ur joking and that u get where i am coming from. Japan has some of the most sophisticated sport cars on the market and I really don't see myself buying an american sport car any time soon. Remeber... we are disscusing "jdm" parts and not "jdm" cars here bro.

i forgot to add a *sarcasm* disclaimer....

I respect all the American shops and products...but honestly most R & D is done oversees before it is here...so i personally would dish out some cnotes on jdm ish if necessary for my setup....

so does anyone know the lifespan of american products versus japanese?

Sean penn
07-25-2008, 12:52 AM

I respect all the American shops and products...but honestly most R & D is done oversees before it is here...so i personally would dish out some cnotes on jdm ish if necessary for my setup....

So, would get a $5k gt3037s hks t kit over a $3.5k e.t.s. gt35r hta kit?

MJCT9A
07-25-2008, 01:00 AM

So, would get a $5k gt3037s hks t kit over a $3.5k e.t.s. gt35r hta kit?

Which ever one is less laggier but both would be on a 2.0L unless i ordered a JUN 2.2L Crate Motor...damn...decisions...decisions...

Sean penn
07-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Wow... I would have never thought about that question if i were to be asked the same ?. I would have said ets, simply because the manny is warranteed and it won't crack on me like the hks is going to do. I have had a couple of buddies with hks and greddy turbo kits and they had problems with the manifolds cracking. Then they sold their kits and went with buschur and ets t kits and have not complained since.

MJCT9A
07-25-2008, 01:11 AM
I had a Greddy T67-25g and the manifold never cracked. It had some RRE love made to it but I can honestly say it never showed signs of cracking...

Sean penn
07-25-2008, 01:14 AM
I had a Greddy T67-25g and the manifold never cracked. It had some RRE love made to it but I can honestly say it never showed signs of cracking...

I herd that u have to disconnect the wastegate hose to boost 30psi.

Miss Evo8
07-25-2008, 02:43 AM
I love my "Harbor Bomber"/ JDM parts on my Evo they have worked fine and the car made powa! All HKS BTW
And where are you going with 30psi?

jello810
07-25-2008, 09:00 AM

I once had a brand new one too...lol That kit had the newer manifold version with good support brackets.

That turbo would have been awesome at the last TA especially with some RRE/Dr Grey magic.

MoReRyCe
07-25-2008, 09:16 AM
where in japan is he goin? the usual tokyo?

let me know if he's going anywhere near Nagoya i have a friend there that might be able to hook u up..

other than that... its funny how some say that they would rather get cosworth parts than jdm because of the price.. lol...

Certain Companies in japan actually have Cosworth make them Pistons and Rods and then they re-box them as their own.. so its kinda funny how someone would actually go and buy pistons or so.. from japan and pay the extra money for it.. when all that extra money is just pretty much the cost of them getting the products in the US then to japan and then back to the US .. lol

MJCT9A
07-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes JUN uses cosworth cores for pistons and other ish...but the cams are JUN property and grounded at their facility

javicracer
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Tomei just borrow the rod bolts from arp, and bearings from ACL!!!!!

05WickedWhitey
07-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow... I would have never thought about that question if i were to be asked the same ?. I would have said ets, simply because the manny is warranteed and it won't crack on me like the hks is going to do. I have had a couple of buddies with hks and greddy turbo kits and they had problems with the manifolds cracking. Then they sold their kits and went with buschur and ets t kits and have not complained since.

I personaly know a rre customer who that the Greddy kit and the mani did crack.. Dont know if it was a re designed kit or not .. But I would never buy that kit or a hks..

GokuSSJ4
07-25-2008, 10:52 PM

I personaly know a rre customer who that the Greddy kit and the mani did crack.. Dont know if it was a re designed kit or not .. But I would never buy that kit or a hks..

heard of it and even saw pixs of the greddy kit..
Also, didn't Al from dynoflash had issues with his HKS kit ? I believe his mani cracked as well.. I mean you decide to dish out over 5-6k on a turbo kit, have the trust due to the part being JDM and the thing fails?? loll ..
I rather have local support in certain things.. been there and done that with the JDM products.. somethings are worth every penny, others are way over rated just because is JDM.
Didn't Buschur examined the Toda stroker kit ? If i recall correctly he did, and to find out it had low quality parts that can be found under the 2k price range. Talk about making high % in margin just because of the name...

Sean penn
07-25-2008, 11:33 PM
I also have a buddy that has the apexi isamu turbo kit as well and there is a crack where the begining of the wg piping starts @ the flange. I was told that u can weld a strong piece of metal plate in between the wg and the flange and everything should be "A Okaly".

Sean penn
07-25-2008, 11:36 PM
dbl post... my bad

GokuSSJ4
07-26-2008, 01:30 AM
I also have a buddy that has the apexi isamu turbo kit as well and there is a crack where the begining of the wg piping starts @ the flange. I was told that u can weld a strong piece of metal plate in between the wg and the flange and everything should be "A Okaly".
but with the amount spent on such part, this shouldn't have to be the case. it is ridiculous to pay that amount of money on a turbo kit; just to have the damn parts failed.. Just because it is JDM, it doesn;t make it above a lot of US parts. JDM hype... geesh loll not everything is high quality.

Sean penn
07-26-2008, 02:14 AM
but with the amount spent on such part, this shouldn't have to be the case. it is ridiculous to pay that amount of money on a turbo kit; just to have the damn parts failed.. Just because it is JDM, it doesn;t make it above a lot of US parts. JDM hype... geesh loll not everything is high quality.

I'm glad someone agree's w/me

EvilAWD10
07-26-2008, 08:17 AM
MC HAMMER CD!!

Sean penn
07-27-2008, 12:55 PM
I guess javiracer is doing his homework.

j_nizzle
07-27-2008, 01:36 PM
omfg...just stop suggesting power mods. all the cool japanese things people pay attention to is the dress-up shit anyway.

rims, body kits, jdm varis floormats, engine dress up, bullshit like that. get that stuff. it'll be easier to get power mods state side because of the support or warranty issues and ease of communicating with the manufacturers.

MJCT9A
07-27-2008, 02:07 PM
:-P

jello810
07-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Truth of the JDM & USDM madness is that alot of the well known parts are made in China, Taiwan, Thailand or the Philippines. (ESPECIALLY THE WELL KNOWN BIGGER COMPANIES). Outsourcing to a cheaper manufacturer is the key to survive the competition.

It doesn't really matter what you put on your car as long as the product works well mechanically, or looks good aestheically. As long as you are happy with what you have, it's all good.

Please don't flame me for the reality check...I have my sources. But there are still a few true manufactured Japanese products that are truely JDM.

As far as manifolds, they will eventually crack sooner or later. Keep in mind that some of these manifolds reach super high temp especially when they are bright orange...Heat will change the structural integrity of the metal especially when you have a heavy turbo hanging from the manifold. Placing support braces by the collector will help prolong the manifold's life.

airforce1
07-27-2008, 05:08 PM
jello...let's name names as to who makes the Chinese parts. Inquiring minds want to know.

Sean penn
07-27-2008, 08:26 PM
omfg...just stop suggesting power mods. all the cool japanese things people pay attention to is the dress-up shit anyway.

rims, body kits, jdm varis floormats, engine dress up, bullshit like that. get that stuff. it'll be easier to get power mods state side because of the support or warranty issues and ease of communicating with the manufacturers.

that's what i was saying earlier j!

rtek
07-27-2008, 08:49 PM
JDM air freshner, they add +25 hp easy

MJCT9A
07-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Either you are a cheap bastard or you are not...weather you cry for a $5 discount or not who gives a fk...seriously...if you could afford it then buy it if not STFU already....

/rant...

jello810
07-27-2008, 10:04 PM
jello...let's name names as to who makes the Chinese parts. Inquiring minds want to know.

if you ever get a chance to meet a direct vendor, ask them where the products were manufactured...I hope they will be honest with their answer. My car has plenty of JDM parts but I know for sure some of them were made in another country other than Japan.

+1 on just buying the parts you want already.

Miss Evo8
07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Either you are a cheap bastard or you are not...weather you cry for a $5 discount or not who gives a fk...seriously...if you could afford it then buy it if not STFU already....

/rant...

Or have your Hubby give you all his Jun stuff!

jello810
07-27-2008, 10:21 PM
nice!!! ^^^

evokid_23
07-27-2008, 10:49 PM
tell your friend to take lots of pics

hytek369
07-29-2008, 08:19 PM
how about ARC?

Granny Shifter
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
i don't know, so far hks has blown my mind everytime i get in my car. they definitely know their shit. killed a gt2 on htm. my instructor who owns a c6 zo6 said he couldn't believe that the turbo was pushing this much power. i've done a couple track days and the car ran in the time attack with no problems. not to mention that i daily drive the car. thats r&d.