PDA

View Full Version : Edo Performance Is Looking For Drivers!

PK@WORKS
07-15-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.edoperformance.com/ForumImages/driver.gif

S2myEVO
07-15-2008, 10:37 AM
OMG. i would so take part in this if only i tracked my car...this is a dream opportunity people!!! someone jump on this.

PineApple
07-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Damn, I'm not a local southern CALIFONRIA driver.

Maybe next time around.

I know there are a ton of great drivers here, seem em at the track!

MJCT9A
07-15-2008, 10:42 AM
What kind of previous driver track info will be sufficient? Time slips or ?

PK@WORKS
07-15-2008, 02:44 PM

Sorry, we are not looking for drag experience. We will only be sponsoring time attack drivers.

MoReRyCe
07-15-2008, 02:59 PM
if i wasnt in the middle of starting my own business i might have jumped on this...

lvevo
07-15-2008, 11:57 PM
^^^ Do it show them your Texas vacation story.

MoReRyCe
07-16-2008, 10:14 AM
lol

wsmc27
07-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Sorry, we are not looking for drag experience. We will only be sponsoring time attack drivers.

Pete,

Are you and/or WORKS involved with EDO???

Thanks,
Kenny (from San Diego) :laugh:

FreddysEvolutionIX
07-19-2008, 01:24 PM
I would love to set up my car as a track car. I live in SoCal too! If you guys can help supply parts I could supply my driving skill and car.

pensport
07-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I would be all over this but I just started tracking this yr with NASA so my track experience isnt up to par

wickedIX
07-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Would EVOC training suffice (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course)....No track time besides that, but then again, I wouldn't have any bad habbits to kick either ;)

Dr_Evo_9
12-03-2008, 11:13 PM
gah i wish i did time attack

Stinji
12-17-2008, 10:25 AM
EDO has picked me up as their sponsored Time Attack driver.Â* I can't tell you how grateful I am to have them in my corner!Â* We have already done several events in 2008 and now we have our focus on the 2009 season with my motor build...bigger turbo, pistons, cams, etc...

This shop is no joke...at each event this year since I've been with them, they've provided me with my own pit crew...for all you track guys, you know how valuable this is as a driver!Â* For the first time, I'm able to actually concentrate on my driving and not have to worry about the car.Â* They've been collecting data for me, lap times, tire temps, pressures, etc. at each event, all stuff that is difficult to do when you are by yourself.Â* My pre and post race inspections have proven invaluable...

Edwin, Robert, Logan, Greg, Gwen, and the rest of the EDO crew are all very friendly, supportive, and honest....thank you EDO....for everything you do!!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i203/Stinji1/0128.jpg

wickedIX
12-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Congratulations!Â* That is awsome.

CRX2EVO
12-17-2008, 01:25 PM
I saw you go vroom vroom at Buttonwillow

good stuff

Stinji
12-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Haha!!! this sport has grown man...I need to build my motor just to stay competitive in this class!!!

Stinji
12-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Because I want to be competitive...I'm building the car to stay within the rules of street class. Myself as a driver, the car with the mods according to the rules, belongs in street class. As for yourself, feel free...it would take a lot more than that to be anywhere near competitive in the Modified Class.

phillies23
12-17-2008, 02:16 PM
interested ... but no track records :(

Stinji
12-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Because I want to be competitive...I'm building the car to stay within the rules of street class. Myself as a driver, the car with the mods according to the rules, belongs in street class. As for yourself, feel free...it would take a lot more than that to be anywhere near competitive in the Modified Class.

I believe the rules say a "functioning catalytic converter" to compete in the "Street Class" a "Rally cat" is a test pipe with some shields around it. So IMO that is cheating if you're using that item. afraid to step up in the competition? just curious. seems like you're bullying the "little kids"

Welcome to Time Attack buddy!

and fwiw, not sure why you would make the assumption, but yes, I have a functioning cat.

Stinji
12-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Cheating??? who said anything about cheating? what are you reading???? Yes, I have a functioning cat...yes, it will be on the car when I compete, yes, its been on there in the past, and yes, my car is built to the rules of street class.

What I meant by "Welcome to Time Attack" -- that simply means, the competitors build their cars to the extent of the rules...maybe I'm the confused one...but isn't that the same with every sanctioning body in racing??

CRX2EVO
12-17-2008, 03:24 PM
don't get riled up, this Anti-Lag kid is a stupid noob

ignore him, maybe he'll go away

xEviLxVIIIx
12-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Scotty- who the hell is this guy??? probably someone that you pass all the time at the time attacks and now hes all mad

Stinji
12-17-2008, 03:40 PM
grrr...what happened to these forums???

we should start up ogsocalevo.net!

Charlie@MFQ
12-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I know Stinji for years, i can tell you he's more than fair in street class. Â*I can easily name couple of pussy ass evo shops here ins socal running 500whp++++ evo in street class while having professional driving it too.Â* ;)

Stinji
12-17-2008, 04:04 PM
With that being said, back to the topic of this thread. EDO is looking to have more of a presence at the track. They are a shop that's been around for years and deserve a little more spotlight!

-- With a super-enormous selection in aftermarket parts, exclusive distributing of several brands, and suppliers to many of the shops we all know and love, this is a great place for all of your needs.

-- A service department that is top notch, Robert and Logan are proving that EDO is the perfect place to get your car serviced, aftermarket parts installed, and your car tuned.

EDO now wants a presence at the track. Now remember, its not all about what they can do for you, but they are looking for people that can represent them and also bring something to the table...its a two way street! If you get the opportunity to do so, I can honestly say it would be worth the time and effort. EDO Performance is a great company that will be around for years to come!

xEviLxVIIIx
12-17-2008, 04:20 PM
I 2nd OGSoCalEvo.net

o-townFLA
12-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Scott you told me you cheat all the time. I remember you saying that rules are made to be broken... :laugh:

and to the other person do some research/reading... http://redlinetimeattack.com/

o-townFLA
12-17-2008, 04:32 PM
and back on topic, did you revive this from what we were talkin about yesterday Scott...?

Stinji
12-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Actually I was bored yesterday...and I stumbled across this thread...thought I'd add to it! What was meant to let everyone know of a great opportunity resulted in me being accused of running illegal mods in my class and bullying the "little kids". Worthless...just worthless!

o-townFLA
12-17-2008, 09:55 PM
why all the harsh comments man...?

wickedIX
12-18-2008, 08:29 AM
There are some of us who appreciate that...I was wondering what ever happend.

Once again, congratulations!

I wonder if EDO is wanting a matching Evo:)

Actually I was bored yesterday...and I stumbled across this thread...thought I'd add to it! What was meant to let everyone know of a great opportunity resulted in me being accused of running illegal mods in my class and bullying the "little kids". Worthless...just worthless!

wsmc27
12-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Congrats!Â* O0

I sent them an e-mail back in July but never heard a thing. I am glad someone got "the hook up" and will have some good fun.

Please let them know (just IMHO) that it's still good to offer a reply to people, even if they aren't the chosen ones. And I mean this in a totally sincere manner. Thanks!

Happy New Year!Â* :D

EDO has picked me up as their sponsored Time Attack driver.Â* I can't tell you how grateful I am to have them in my corner!Â* We have already done several events in 2008 and now we have our focus on the 2009 season with my motor build...bigger turbo, pistons, cams, etc...

This shop is no joke...at each event this year since I've been with them, they've provided me with my own pit crew...for all you track guys, you know how valuable this is as a driver!Â* For the first time, I'm able to actually concentrate on my driving and not have to worry about the car.Â* They've been collecting data for me, lap times, tire temps, pressures, etc. at each event, all stuff that is difficult to do when you are by yourself.Â* My pre and post race inspections have proven invaluable...

Edwin, Robert, Logan, Greg, Gwen, and the rest of the EDO crew are all very friendly, supportive, and honest....thank you EDO....for everything you do!!!

evoruff
06-01-2009, 10:44 PM
damn thats my ultimate dream, congrats and see you out there!