PDA

View Full Version : gah! just got rear-ended

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 09:15 AM
my evo got rear ended so now the bumper is a bit messed up.

story:

I was going to drop my brother off at school, and the usual route that I take had a lot of traffic so my brother was going to be late if i waited through the whole traffic. So I decided to go local and get there faster, but guess what lol, the moment i got off the highway and there's a stop light before going into the main street so I'm all parked there and ready to go once it hit green and it did ! but it was a bit late because as soon as it hit green it was like a sign for that person (green = crash into the car in-front of you).

so yeah i was at the stop light, the car behind me was stopped too, but the car behind the car was the one that hit the car behind me which hit my car -.-"

I saw both cars, no damage that I could see, but when I saw mine i was like wtf rear bumper all dented... So yeah i guess aluminum and plastic are way too easy to be damaged =\

So now I basically gotta wait for the insurance to call me back and tell me "we'll be sending you your check for repairs" or something like that.

Anyways, i have a big question. This is my first time in an accident with my car, so how does this actually work? Do I get my whole rear bumper replaced? (I hope so) because I don't want just fixing it to look new, i mean just having the thought of this bumper was damaged and hit and now it just looks like it wasn't. I hope they actually pay the whole thing to replace the whole thing >.<

so please let me know how this stuff works =\

llvllattP
07-16-2008, 09:18 AM
i get the same feeling whenever i get off the highway waiting at a stop light and people are coming down FAST to exit

sorry about your loss bro...

but i hear a lot of people who get rear ended...end up replacing the bumper with a JDM 1 :D

WOOOT!

hellgunner
07-16-2008, 09:20 AM
sorry about the bumper...

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 09:22 AM
i get the same feeling whenever i get off the highway waiting at a stop light and people are coming down FAST to exit

sorry about your loss bro...

but i hear a lot of people who get rear ended...end up replacing the bumper with a JDM 1 :D

WOOOT!

I want to do that, but I'm not experienced with this stuff

so do I get a check from the company and then I take it for repairs? or do I just let them fix it?

if I get check, then that means I can just buy a aftermarket one and then have someone install it right?

directorse7en
07-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

......pics?

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 09:24 AM
pics coming, hold on

i gotta upload it from my phone

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
i added pictures

awdlancer
07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
mang thats sucks Â*a Â*week before mod ...

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 09:36 AM
mang thats sucks Â*a Â*week before mod ...

3 days before it, so I can't go anymore >.> I gotta stay home and wait for insurance stuff and what not (and parents won't let me go because of the accident even though I wasn't at fault...)

MrsGFlores
07-16-2008, 10:25 AM
^^^ That sucks dude. I hate when parents do that... :tickedoff:

almighty_motoring
07-16-2008, 11:13 AM
damn bro that sucks

silvrEVOIXn818
07-16-2008, 11:15 AM
sorry to hear that.

kimletrim
07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Perfect opportunity to upgrade to a JDM rear bumper....oh wait...

nijikon5
07-16-2008, 11:30 AM
^^ i c wut u did thar

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2368597065_020ce203e1.jpg?v=0

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 11:34 AM
just went to the adjuster and this is what he said:

there isn't any data of that car's part in our book etc, so he called mitsubishi and mitsubishi told them that the whole thing had to be replaced, even the silver part.

Silver + the black part for about 509 bucks, but i received 849.48 for it, so I just gotta take it to replace.

but if I want an aftermarket one I would only have 509 dollars for it. so anyone know any good aftermarket rear bumper set? =\

nijikon5
07-16-2008, 11:53 AM
just went to the adjuster and this is what he said:

there isn't any data of that car's part in our book etc, so he called mitsubishi and mitsubishi told them that the whole thing had to be replaced, even the silver part.

Silver + the black part for about 509 bucks, but i received 849.48 for it, so I just gotta take it to replace.

but if I want an aftermarket one I would only have 509 dollars for it. so anyone know any good aftermarket rear bumper set? =\

Just go stock imo.

ap-evo83
07-16-2008, 12:00 PM
do they make an after market bumper for the x?

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 12:02 PM
do they make an after market bumper for the x?

I found this for 715, but that's just half of it lol

http://www.evoxtuning.com/store/mitsubishi-evolutionx-carbon-fiber-rear-bumper-diffusor-p-17992.html

ap-evo83
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
stock looks better imho.

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 12:04 PM
stock looks better imho.

i'm probably gonna go stock, if so I should start going to the shop and tell them to order it =\

MR420
07-16-2008, 12:07 PM
The insurance co will tell you to take it to one of there bodyshops to get an estimate,they will pay the shop to fix it or,you can get a check if you tell them you want to take it to a bodyshop that you prefer. After they give you the check cash it and get a jdm rear Â*O0. Â*

I just went thru the same thing except some guy hit the side of my car while turning in a parking lot. they just gave me a check for $1200.00 then I had my friend fix it for free and bought my intake sway bar downpipe and one track day. Â*worked out perfectly.

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
The insurance co will tell you to take it to one of there bodyshops to get an estimate,they will pay the shop to fix it or,you can get a check if you tell them you want to take it to a bodyshop that you prefer. After they give you the check cash it and get a jdm rear Â*O0. Â*

I just went thru the same thing except some guy hit the side of my car while turning in a parking lot. they just gave me a check for $1200.00 then I had my friend fix it for free and bought my intake sway bar downpipe and one track day. Â*worked out perfectly.

lol, umm so I can just take it to other bodyshop, i know a few friends that own one. But my question is, do I gotta report anything to my insurance company? the guy said I would only have 509 if I do aftermarket =\

MR420
07-16-2008, 12:16 PM
I did not have to tell my insurance anything. They have no idea.

jose.chen
07-16-2008, 12:25 PM
yeah, i just asked the guy, and he said i got 849.48 for everything, so aftermarket or not, 850 is mine, so if there are any left over I get to keep lol

MR420
07-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Yup all yours. I didnt even have a bodyshop fix mine I pulled the dent out and had my frend color sand it and it turned out perfect you couldnt even see it if you looked for it. good luck.

thekhmer
07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhh my neck my neck
^learn it

STIH8TER
07-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Sucks mang.

D7
07-18-2008, 03:54 PM
^learn it

Agreed. Make some $$$.

rtek
07-27-2008, 06:15 PM
if you cash out, you can pick up an oem bumper at a discount, then take it to a bodyshop for install, pocket the rest

skylinefolife
07-27-2008, 06:20 PM
mang thats sucks a week before mod ...

3 days before it, so I can't go anymore >.> I gotta stay home and wait for insurance stuff and what not (and parents won't let me go because of the accident even though I wasn't at fault...)

why r ur parents telling you what you can/cant do? dey pay ur bills?

ah, well at least it wasn't a big collision.

jose.chen
07-27-2008, 11:13 PM
yeah, they pay my bills lol

just turned 18 so yeah =p

but hopefully i get more freedom since I'm going to college this september xD

btw, I just got my car back and it looks new so I'll be taking pictures of it later on when I have time xD

mang thats sucks a week before mod ...

why r ur parents telling you what you can/cant do? dey pay ur bills?

ah, well at least it wasn't a big collision.

skylinefolife
07-27-2008, 11:37 PM
omg i envy u man.

i had to pay so much for the ix.

shit more power to you man. just do your parents proud!

jose.chen
07-28-2008, 12:22 AM
haha will do ^^

omg i envy u man.

i had to pay so much for the ix.

shit more power to you man. just do your parents proud!

nck brkr
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
thats shady as hell. ive been threw that feeling twice. hope it gets fixed soon.

christoph562
07-31-2008, 10:04 AM
yeah, they pay my bills lol

just turned 18 so yeah =p

but hopefully i get more freedom since I'm going to college this september xD

btw, I just got my car back and it looks new so I'll be taking pictures of it later on when I have time xD

my parents are the same with my ix. except if i get the x i will have to pay the difference.

just study hard and they will gladly pay for your stuff.

(except aftermarket parts of course O0)

Ctseng
07-31-2008, 10:23 AM
^learn it

Agreed. Make some $$$.

Retards