PDA

View Full Version : Lovin RRE more every day...

blkside
07-19-2008, 07:10 PM
So after todays events I spent my time with my car at RREs booth. The last car I saw Dyno'd was a Mitsu owned car that had the following
-ALL AMS-

UICP
LICP
Intercooler
HFC
Catback
Boost Controller
Mail in Flash

The "owner" aka I guess project mananger was sayin that AMS said it was 400HP... I looked at mike and giggled. We guessed 360is at best.
Well after numerous pulls and checking to see if there were any errors it managed to muster 325.6HP.

Im lovin RRE cause with a much better flash and attention to detail when my X was tuned it pulled 320.2/305.9

On the following

RRE "Blkside Edition" Y-piped Catback
Drop in Panel Filter
Ecutek Tune

In comparison thats half the price and a much better tune. The AMS mail in is "missing" hundreds of RPM range of boost.

*Mike can you overlay my map and the AMS map*

Muellerized...
07-19-2008, 09:07 PM
... I looked at mike and giggled.
Ahhh yes, I for one have always had a lot of fun (sometimes at my own expense:-) spending time in the sun with Mike W the 1990s Mitsubishi toona at the track terrorizing the hell out of everybody everywhere we went.

Since the first time in the mid 90s he figured out how to make his all conquering fwd eclipse run around the track without melting pistons, and asked me to run a few laps in it to sort the chassis (as I happened to be there that day with a racing program that I was racing for/coaching endurance racing teammates etc) I had to deal with Mike W's dry sense of humor. First, he knew how eager I was after driving his car on the street to run a few laps on the track, but both of us were nervous about how his then fragile car/tune would handle some Mueller fury under challenging track conditions. So, being Mike W, he had some fun with me and 1) waited until the session was half over to come get me to drive his car 2) He knew how I needed to sit in a car to get the most out of it, and his car had a broken seat adjuster that was absolutely razor sharp if you touched it with you bare hands, so he moved the seat all the way forward then rotated the adjuster so someone my height had the steering wheelÂ* in my chest and my head buried in the ceiling of the car 3)Then he had the foresight to lengthen the seatbelts enough to be usable with the wacked seating position 4) Then he belted me into his car laughing the whole time at the situation he created, knowing I would not give a 100% effort with a seating position fit for a hobbit.

My options were to not drive the car that way, and miss the opportunity to do something that we had talked about for years, or get it on despite the situation.

I chose to put my head down and destroy the laptimes everyone else had ran that day, and reveled in the 4G63 torque that Mike W had figured out how to make reliably. I had so much fun spinning the front tires all over buttonwillow at 95+ miles per hour that I have since spent way too much money building/supporting/racing 4G63 powered cars every minute since.

Mike W has an amazing skill set in many areas, mitsubishi toona being one of them.Â* Â*

GokuSSJ4
07-19-2008, 10:19 PM
... I looked at mike and giggled.
Ahhh yes, I for one have always had a lot of fun (sometimes at my own expense:-) spending time in the sun with Mike W the 1990s Mitsubishi toona at the track terrorizing the hell out of everybody everywhere we went.

Since the first time in the mid 90s he figured out how to make his all conquering fwd eclipse run around the track without melting pistons, and asked me to run a few laps in it to sort the chassis (as I happened to be there that day with a racing program that I was racing for/coaching endurance racing teammates etc) I had to deal with Mike W's dry sense of humor. First, he knew how eager I was after driving his car on the street to run a few laps on the track, but both of us were nervous about how his then fragile car/tune would handle some Mueller fury under challenging track conditions. So, being Mike W, he had some fun with me and 1) waited until the session was half over to come get me to drive his car 2) He knew how I needed to sit in a car to get the most out of it, and his car had a broken seat adjuster that was absolutely razor sharp if you touched it with you bare hands, so he moved the seat all the way forward then rotated the adjuster so someone my height had the steering wheel in my chest and my head buried in the ceiling of the car 3)Then he had the foresight to lengthen the seatbelts enough to be usable with the wacked seating position 4) Then he belted me into his car laughing the whole time at the situation he created, knowing I would not give a 100% effort with a seating position fit for a hobbit.

My options were to not drive the car that way, and miss the opportunity to do something that we had talked about for years, or get it on despite the situation.

I chose to put my head down and destroy the laptimes everyone else had ran that day, and reveled in the 4G63 torque that Mike W had figured out how to make reliably. I had so much fun spinning the front tires all over buttonwillow at 95+ miles per hour that I have since spent way too much money building/supporting/racing 4G63 powered cars every minute since.

Mike W has an amazing skill set in many areas, mitsubishi toona being one of them.
always huge prop to Mike W. O0
and seeing you terrorized other folks at the track is always an amazing site to see. You surely get the best out of the car señor Mueller. I can imagine how great a tune can really be after you putting the car to the test, since you do take advantage as much as you can out of every ounce of powa.. O0

AaronI1
07-19-2008, 10:23 PM
congrats, that's great #'s

D7
07-19-2008, 10:42 PM
+1

seph09
07-19-2008, 10:44 PM
+1 on RRE FTW!!!!!

can't wait for CAMS (+supporting mods)!!!

1WkdEvo
07-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Great job Mike

o-townFLA
07-20-2008, 10:39 AM
yea the AMS car was not all to great. BUT it was a mail-in flash and not a tune till you get it right tune. But I have to say the AMS exhaust fitment was horrible, it was hanging down way to low and melted that poor dudes bumber to hell...

got to give to Mike though. Real cool guy to talk to and even though he was busy as hell crackin the whip at his crew he still had plenty of time to talk to anybody...

leaveit2bevo
07-20-2008, 01:41 PM
did your car dyno that day? who else dynoed?

blkside
07-20-2008, 07:01 PM
I dynoed the day before... cause I was in the booth... we were gonna re-dyno it but there were so many people that "had to be done" but its getting work done soon so...

GokuSSJ4
07-20-2008, 11:33 PM
I dynoed the day before... cause I was in the booth... we were gonna re-dyno it but there were so many people that "had to be done" but its getting work done soon so...
wow!! you are just all over the place, arent you? hehee cant wait till you decide to post more updates with your project "X"

ARC_EVO
07-23-2008, 12:39 PM
very coool RRE FTW!!! for sure :)

blkside
07-23-2008, 08:28 PM
More power mods coming soon...

jdm_evo
07-31-2008, 12:27 AM
those are some nice results. i will have to stop by RRE.

CASH$ MONEY
07-31-2008, 01:13 AM
you basically have the same mods the ams has....

** minus the mbc**

uicp and licp really doesn't do anything.

blkside
07-31-2008, 12:15 PM
The only mods I have is the exhaust and drop in... no i/c or pipes or anything else...

sheizen
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM
nice color and rims.

blkside
07-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks...

christoph562
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
congrats!

CASH$ MONEY
08-05-2008, 01:06 AM
hey op... was that you on the 5 South around 730pm? we were in the honda accord....?

blkside
08-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah that was me... you mean yesterday right... I use to have an 02 Accord V6 - silver also... here are the pics... If you wanna know how to make it quick for cheap let me know...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/blackside79/Picture036.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/blackside79/96059b2a.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/blackside79/Picture054.jpg

CASH$ MONEY
08-06-2008, 01:40 AM
cln fkn 10 man..........

JOOTZ
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
good numbers bro

blkside
08-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks Cash... And I had Wayne on when you rolled up...

Thanks Jootz... Im getting more here soon....

CASH$ MONEY
08-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks Cash... And I had Wayne on when you rolled up...

Thanks Jootz... Im getting more here soon....

it wasnt't loud enough.... :tickedoff:

were you heading to PCH?

blkside
08-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Ortega

evoxkrazy
11-04-2008, 09:16 PM
sweet i am sold on the rre ecutek flash

blkside
11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Its worth it and the guys there are the best.

CASH$ MONEY
11-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Holy Moly...

leaveit2bevo
11-04-2008, 11:19 PM
noob with intent to sell on the loose