PDA

View Full Version : .

D7
07-25-2008, 11:08 PM

Mightygnu
07-25-2008, 11:23 PM
If you plan to sell any of your AMS parts to get others, PM me! I'll come pick them up!

vial8or
07-25-2008, 11:40 PM
owned???

haha jk jk

1WkdEvo
07-25-2008, 11:42 PM
3rd gear pull and 4th gear pull are always going to be extremely different. Â*Also, those numbers look correct for your mods and a mustang dyno(s)

Sean penn
07-25-2008, 11:47 PM
u probably have those numbers cuz the shops found out who u r on the forums. lol! Failed and band! lates!

1WkdEvo
07-25-2008, 11:57 PM
^LOL,

Just do a before and after at RRE when you swap your AMS intake for the AEM intake, then you'll get a number that is more comparable to others you have seen. At that point you can determine if your car or tune is f'd up

D7
07-26-2008, 12:11 AM
u probably have those numbers cuz the shops found out who u r on the forums. lol! Failed and band! lates!

.....I don't get it.

D7
07-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Yup.

MJCT9A
07-27-2008, 02:19 PM
What's up with the FF themed sig and avy?

Im not a TUNA but are these #'s low for a X with those mods...am I missing something?

1of1000MR
07-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Sorry if I missed something, but I dont think you mentioned who tuned your car?

itsoem
07-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Exactly....

1WkdEvo
07-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Bryan always does a great job of comparing dyno runs on his Mustang dyno between cars. Perhaps if he gets a moment he can line this up with some IX's with similar mods for review and discussion

1WkdEvo
07-27-2008, 03:56 PM
That makes sense since he hit your shop second, but I was wondering if you could compare this to the numbers seen on your dyno with other X's with similar mods or even IX's? I know several other factors will make differences and that we don't want to get into how a different shop tunes, but it would give us a picture of what these numbers mean.

If not, no worries.

Thanks Bryan

1WkdEvo
07-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks Bryan, we appreciate your analysis and input...and some of us are very interested in waiting for a X until the Open Source is available and we can see what happens.

Thanks again

D7
07-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry if I missed something, but I dont think you mentioned who tuned your car?

The car was "tuned" by Paul at EIP in San Jose, CA.

Im not a TUNA but are these #'s low for a X with those mods...am I missing something?

What the hell is FF? ....and these numbers did seem a tad low. I'll be doing some researching and finding out what can be done.

tabio42
07-27-2008, 06:30 PM
FF = Static X in some language.

MJCT9A
07-27-2008, 08:15 PM

What the hell is FF? ....and these numbers did seem a tad low. I'll be doing some researching and finding out what can be done.

FINAL FANTASY...
http://4down.info/uploads/posts/2008-03/1205459901_crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-psp.jpg

Good Luck on the research...

D7
07-27-2008, 11:32 PM
lol, I would've bought Wolverine, but that Anime looking thing looks nothing like Wayne Static.

nijikon5
07-28-2008, 12:05 AM
We've only had a couple X's on our dyno as we are not in a hurry to tune them yet.

We've done some tweaking on them in the past for R&D note taking, baselining and general ideas on how to make them faster.

One 5-spd X we fiddled with did 280whp with a open air filter and MBC, stock tune, still with richie rich 10.0 AFR.

The same X did 256whp/265wtq with just a open air filter, still stock tune, 10.0 AFR and boost dropping to 14psi at 6500rpm.

These where all 3rd gear pulls.

-------------------

I am a huge supporter of the Open Source tuning, so that is what we are waiting for on the 10, and it is coming out *very* soon. IMHO, it benefits both us and the customers more as in time there is more support and capabilities offered, at a much lower price point. A win-win situation for everyone.

We have all the good stuff (Ecu-controlled boost, etc etc) waiting to go on the 10's as soon as this is available. As soon as the ball starts rolling, expect the same type of data and comparisons you have seen from us with the 8's and 9's.

-------------------

To answer your question about what a 9 would do with the same type of mods on our dyno with a good tune, I would say about 290-310whp depending on how strong the individual 9 is.

Not trying thread hijack but do you have any updates on Open Source ECU tuning Bryan? Seems like the EcuFlash on EvoM is dead and the new Evo X compatible tactrix keeps getting delayed.

Ad-rock
08-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Nice numbers. Have you tracked the car yet?

I'm extremely curious to see how the MR transmission deals with above-factory power modifications at track levels of sustained use.

-Adam

D7
08-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Not yet. I'm more likely to get 1/4 times before I track it.

srjohns
09-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I think I have all of the same mods you do, all AMS... would be curious to see the difference between yours and mine, GSR v. MR on the dyno, we already know your numbers, so I will have to get mine here shortly. :)

skylinefolife
09-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Not yet. I'm more likely to get 1/4 times before I track it.

Yes! That's more useful info.
Hmm... I'm really curious to see what your MR will run, D7.

When are you planning on heading down and trying your luck? :D

fastkevin
09-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Nice numbers. Have you tracked the car yet?

I'm extremely curious to see how the MR transmission deals with above-factory power modifications at track levels of sustained use.

-Adam

You and me both. I've read several reviews of the trans, stating the thing does a better job than a driver with a stick would, which if true would allow the driver to just cover the brake pedal with his left foot, making reaction time that much quicker, which would mkae your lap times that much faster(hopefully). As you eluded to, there's some question on whether or not the trans can adapt well to higher horse power. If true, it would kill any advantage the SST provides, and might even turn it into a useless mal-shifting pile. I've searched on Evo,. and haven't even found a post on there about modifying a MR, and taking it to the track. Surprising... I've never even driven an MR, so I personally have no idea how truthful these "claims" of it's perfect-for-track use are anyway.

Wests
09-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Nice gains!