PDA

View Full Version : Stupid ass story on how I got trick into waiting 8 hours in a line

icachipmunk
07-28-2008, 05:26 AM
So I already had the frist gen iPhone and did my update to 2.0 software. I was really happy with it and didn't have any problems. Well my dad cracked his phone and they had just stop making the first gen's so I told him to wait to get the second gen. Well I killed about a week and decided since the line wasn't getting any better maybe I live leave work and go directly to the Apple store in Manhattan Village (I work graveyards)

So I get there about 7:15 on Saturday morning and already there was a line of about 50 people, the first guy being there since 3:30 AM. Anyhow an Apple guys is walking out and says he is passing out tickets and if you have one, you have yourself an iPhone, but it has to be redeem by 6PM that day. So I was like screw it I am already here might as well wait. ( A little background, my dad wanted the new phone cause he got tried looking at the crack screen and he couldnt get the iPhone cause I am the primary account holder.) So I figure about 12 Noon it will be worth it and have him off my ass.

Well my dad decideds to keep me company for around 9:30......time drags on and on and the line is moving great up until 10:30 and just dies. First and hour then two, at this point I wanted to leave, but invested too much time already, so I stayed. I kept walking in to see WTF was taking so long, the whole store was working, it just that people were spending 1/2 hour looking at DAMN CASES FOR THEIR NEW PHONE.... :tickedoff: Put it this way it took 20 minutes to activate 2 iphones (shit I waited, why not buy one for myself). Anyway I like the phone, I realy can tell the difference from my old phone, but the GPS is fun.

Anyhow the point of this is if you are looking for the new 3G iPhone either

A. Bring a cooler, sun screen and some kind of entertaiment (and please tell everyone ahead of you to buy their bullshit case later and look at it prior to getting the damn phone)
- Oh and if you do get a ticket, might as well leave and kill some time and show up around 6, cause at the end of the line people just want to get out of there

B. Call ATT and put your name on the wait list and wait about a month (would have done this, but found out about it from another guy in line)

Kellendros08
08-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Bringing this back from the dead...

So I have a friend that works at the Apple store in Rancho.. I called her up the day of the release.. she met me outside... walked me in.. bought and walked out with my 3G in about 45 min...

I know... you hate me...

Massimo Power
08-24-2008, 12:51 AM
so u brought it back from the dead to gloat. . . Sad

blkside
08-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Thats SCE for you...

Kellendros08
08-24-2008, 01:51 AM
eh.. what can I say.. it's almost 2am and i'm bored outta my mind..

S2myEVO
09-12-2008, 11:54 AM
^^bringing up this thread from the dead to call you an asshole...

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

ok throw it back in the hole!