PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up IX MR, need help

NaorisG
07-31-2008, 07:10 PM
I just got an IX MR with 13,xxx miles on it from an auction,they cover anything in the first 14 days. The car seems to be in excellent condition and the only mods I can see are IC pipe, and intake. I called mitsu and they said the warranty is still intact but I think that might be because the prev owner didnt bring it into Mitsu cause I'd think theyd void the warranty for the IC pipe/intake. I want to get the car checked out though in this 14 day period so that I dont get bit in the ass in a couple of weeks.

I live in Encino, near the 101/405 merge. I am wondering what you guys think I should do, bring it to a dealer and risk the warranty being voided? Or bring it to some shop that you guys can recommend, or if someone Evo savvy lives around here and wants to come check things out on the basic level could also work. Any help would be appreciated. heres a pic of the engine bay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/naor/IMG_9801.jpg

llvllattP
07-31-2008, 07:19 PM
im pretty sure you will be fine because most dealers (wont say who) dont really care what we have on the car...they just want to help us out :]

right guys?

Sean penn
07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
the intake and icp won't void the warranty. How much did u buy the evo for and how do u find out about the auctions?

llvllattP
07-31-2008, 07:21 PM
yeah lol i wouldnt be expecting that at the auctions :D ^^^

NaorisG
07-31-2008, 07:36 PM
So i should be fine bringing it into the dealership?

jo3y
07-31-2008, 07:47 PM
it depends which one. they voided mine just cause i didnt do my oil changes and such there so maybe someone can reccomend a good mitsu dealer for you.

llvllattP
07-31-2008, 08:37 PM
SCM!!! :D

Reese Tuning
07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Did you pay 24.5k? If so you beat me on the bid on that car. I am positive that was the car.

James

I just got an IX MR with 13,xxx miles on it from a dealer auction, Wachovia owns the car and they claim there is nothing wrong with the car and they cover anything in the first 14 days. The car seems to be in excellent condition and the only mods I can see are IC pipe, and intake. I called mitsu and they said the warranty is still intact but I think that might be because the prev owner didnt bring it into Mitsu cause I'd think theyd void the warranty for the IC pipe/intake. I want to get the car checked out though in this 14 day period so that I dont get bit in the ass in a couple of weeks.

I live in Encino, near the 101/405 merge. I am wondering what you guys think I should do, bring it to a dealer and risk the warranty being voided? Or bring it to some shop that you guys can recommend, or if someone Evo savvy lives around here and wants to come check things out on the basic level could also work. Any help would be appreciated. heres a pic of the engine bay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/naor/IMG_9801.jpg

hksevo8
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Wow a repo/voluntary surrender from my company.Â* I work for wachovia dealer services.Â* Which auction did you get this from?Â* What dealer do you work for?

BTW, The UICP and intake will not void the warranty. Check with South Coast. I think they can do a recon on the car to tell you what is up with it. You will have to pay them for the services though.

NaorisG
07-31-2008, 11:26 PM
South Coast and Hunnington are both supposed to be good from what I remember when I asked a while back but they are both pretty far from me up in the valley.
Am I going to be a sitting duck if I walk into a random dealership? From what I remember they like voiding warranties for basically any aftermarket engine product.

DruMMinStUd06
07-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Look up MFQ in Burbank...not too far from you and they're apparently open 365/25/8.

NaorisG
07-31-2008, 11:38 PM
I needa get the car dyno'd too, it feels strong, but i think it maybe on the weak side for an Evo.

NaorisG
07-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Look up MFQ in Burbank...not too far from you and they're apparently open 365/25/8.

Do you have experience with this shop?

NaorisG
07-31-2008, 11:48 PM
My closest Dealerships are Calabasas, Glendale, and Miller Mitsu...
Any word on any of these 3? I am looking into MFQ will give them a call tmw morning.

whiteJDMevo
07-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Go to MFQ they are great. I just got my car tuned there. You can see the dyno results posted. Congrads on the car by the way .. i have a ww IX and im right near you.. at Luise and Ventura. Def go to MFQ though. Great guys and they really take there time and make sure everything is done correctly.

whiteJDMevo
07-31-2008, 11:59 PM
dont go to Calabasas Mitsu unless you need to. Its not exactly cheap there and they just because a mitsu dealer in November so they really have almost no experience with the 8 or 9. I new more about the X than any sales person when i went to see it. But they were going to let me test drive a X MR when it came in, i just havent gone by to do it.

NaorisG
08-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh wow you are REALLY close to me, im right up Boris, which is basically Zelzah. You are a couple of blocks away from me. I won't be getting anything done, just want a thorough checkup on the car, make sure everything is legit. Have them tell me if the car had parts taken out, etc.

DTunedEvoX
08-01-2008, 12:15 AM
+10000 for MFQ.

DruMMinStUd06
08-01-2008, 12:15 AM

Do you have experience with this shop?

Yes, alot of people in the area, including me would recommend them.

NaorisG
08-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Sounds like they are good, gonna call them in the morning. I need to get the car in ASAP hopefully they can.

christoph562
08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Gl to you

G20
08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
you can also purchase tactrix cable and evoscan software and learn to dataloging the car. Those are one of the most valuable jews of the evo. By looking at the log, you may able to see issues with the car if there's any.

Go here for the cable: http://www.tactrix.com.
Here for the software: http://www.evoscan.org.

To learn more please search for evoscan and ecuflash. Welcome to the evo world.

whiteJDMevo
08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah you are really close. You will see my WW evo from time to timeon the corner of white oak and ventura at the hookah lounge. (either that or my kawasaki 650r)

Mister
08-01-2008, 12:16 PM
+1 on MFQ.

4g63superboost
08-01-2008, 12:24 PM
SCM mitsu wont void your warranty for that ...i have the same thing plus an intercooler and they havent said anything everytime i take it in for service or anything else....

CASH$ MONEY
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow a repo/voluntary surrender from my company. I work for wachovia dealer services. Which auction did you get this from? What dealer do you work for?

BTW, The UICP and intake will not void the warranty. Check with South Coast. I think they can do a recon on the car to tell you what is up with it. You will have to pay them for the services though.

+1

NaorisG
08-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah you are really close. You will see my WW evo from time to timeon the corner of white oak and ventura at the hookah lounge. (either that or my kawasaki 650r)

I knew whoever owned that evo had to live close, i always thought maybe you worked at the cellphone store or something... haha
well I've been trying to call MFQ and it just non stop rings, not sure if its the right number??

DruMMinStUd06
08-01-2008, 12:39 PM
PM MFQ Motorsports

NaorisG
08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I just did, explained I kinda need to get the car in ASAP, anyone else on here that I can PM, maybe personal accounts of MFQ people?

whiteJDMevo
08-01-2008, 05:04 PM

I knew whoever owned that evo had to live close, i always thought maybe you worked at the cellphone store or something... haha
well I've been trying to call MFQ and it just non stop rings, not sure if its the right number??

No i worked at the hookah lounge at night for some extra cash for mods and the bike. I quite that awhile ago so not i just hang out there.

khmerstyle
08-05-2008, 08:23 AM
yeah go to MFQ! you wont regret it. charlie will teach you so much.

basshunter
08-06-2008, 09:19 PM
TS, how much did that evo go for at the auctions? I'm considering looking out at the auctions down here instead of going to a dealership.. ...but how much would be the reccommended amount to bring in to an auto auction to guarantee a car?

1WkdEvo
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Go to Road Race Engineering or Tuning Technologies who both have relationships with Mitsu dealerships. RRE is closer to you and they actually do work for Mitsu corporate on occassion so they have a very good idea of what will and won't cause you headaches at a dealership.

www.roadraceengineering.com

Evolutionized
08-16-2008, 04:16 AM
you wont break 400 on 91 with the stock turbo...

congrats on the car.

read.

TeKiZeRo
08-16-2008, 04:40 AM
you wont break 400 on Pump with the stock turbo...

congrats on the car.

read.

Not on 91 at least :).